The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer Review

Yup.......like everyone else iv been eyeing this since Jman first started tinkering with it. Ordered mine and the mat last night. I also ordered an Eyeline putting mirror to help with alignment. My putting from inside 10ft was terrible. I missed so many short putts its unreal.

The eyeline mirror is holes for tees where you can do the gate drill with it. I like that

I'm having a love/hate relationship with this thing! I love how challenging it is but I hate how challenging it is! This is one of my favorite gifts I received for Christmas.

I was doing horribly on it and started playing some with looking at the hole while putting, a'la Spieth and started getting much better results. I may have to play around with that this winter.

My father in law comes over the other day and sees my Puttout trainer/mat so I tell him what the ultimate goal is. He grabs my putter and sticks it in the small hole on the first putt. He looks at me and said that's too easy, my response was OK now do it again. He spent the next 1/2 hour trying to repeat the first shot and never did. I'm pretty sure he is ordering one.

So I just bought this, it will be here on Sunday. I also got the putting mat, which will be here on Thursday.

Thanks a lot James! hahaha

The AMazon dude is here to deliver. But he keeps looking in the van for the box. Been here about five minutes.

The AMazon dude is here to deliver. But he keeps looking in the van for the box. Been here about five minutes.

And he got back in the driver's side and drove away.

Now I am wondering if he will be back today or not!

Hi mike,
Your package is still on the way, but it may arrive later than today, December 31.
We learned about this potential delay at 4:46 PM today, December 31.
You can always track your package to see the latest update.
PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer - Perfect Your Golf Putting
Yeah, I figured that out already! haha

I just packed for the rest of the week on the road, and made sure that I threw this is the suitcase as well. I’m going to wear out that hotel carpet working with this thing.

So since mine got lost in the mail, I had to get a refund from AMazon and just ordered a new one. They had to do it that way since it was from a third party seller, not Amazon. SO hope to have it by the weekend.

Just picked one of these up today. Looking forward to trying it out with some carpet putting

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I bought one of these when the review here on THP came out. It sat in the corner of my garage for quite some time. A few months ago, I finally got it out and started using it. Since then, speed control has improved thanks to the little perfect putt hole, and my confidence hitting short putts firm has really improved.

I use mine daily. The other night I dropped back to back 15ft putts in the mini target and I walked away for about an hour. Came back later, should have stayed away. 45min later and several mini lipouts, I gave up. Stupid good training aid!

This thing is frustrating. In two nights, having stroked probably 100 putts, I’ve gotten the ball to stay in the hole three times—and one of those was when I was on the phone and just took a one-handed whack while walking by.

I’m hooked though.

It's smaller in hand than I expected. It seems pretty solidly built. And I have yet to make the ball stay in the mini-target. But I do like putting to this target! So far I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
It's smaller in hand than I expected. It seems pretty solidly built. And I have yet to make the bal stau in the mini-target. But I do like putting to this target! So far I'm very happy with it.
I’ve been holed up in a hotel room all week traveling for work. As such, I’ve accidentally stepped on, and/or kicked this thing across the room after forgetting it was there. Not even once has this thing not held up to the abuse. It’s super solid.

It's smaller in hand than I expected. It seems pretty solidly built. And I have yet to make the ball stay in the mini-target. But I do like putting to this target! So far I'm very happy with it.

And boom! Next time I walk by to do a little practice, I make it twice in 3 minutes lol! And then not for another 15 minutes. Maybe that's the idea - it's kind of addicting to try to make that ball stay put!

This thing is frustrating. In two nights, having stroked probably 100 putts, I’ve gotten the ball to stay in the hole three times—and one of those was when I was on the phone and just took a one-handed whack while walking by.

I’m hooked though.
From how far? I've had a few stick with the shorter putts but none over 6'. I'm liking it a lot though, good use of my GG GC.

From how far? I've had a few stick with the shorter putts but none over 6'. I'm liking it a lot though, good use of my GG GC.

I was in a hotel room, so maybe 12 feet?

(Seriously though, more like 4 or 5 feet).

Picked up a PuttOut today while at Golf Galaxy. Hit a few putts on the carpet this afternoon from 5 feet or so. Managed to get one to stick in the mini target. Have to say I could see this getting addicting trying to make it in the mini target.

Picked up a PuttOut today while at Golf Galaxy. Hit a few putts on the carpet this afternoon from 5 feet or so. Managed to get one to stick in the mini target. Have to say I could see this getting addicting trying to make it in the mini target.

Addicting and frustrating. Wait till it lips out of the mini target in you.

I'm loving mine. It's been fun having something to do at home this winter.

I thought I was a decent putter until I bought a PuttOut and have yet to hit the mini target from anything further than 3 feet or so. It's definitely addicting :) I bust mine out 3-4 times a week, trying to get the ball in that danged hole, lol.

Has anyone here used the EyeLine putting mirror? Wondering if anyone who has, found more utility in this trainer vs that one from an alignment perspective...or is the puttout more about pace?

Has anyone here used the EyeLine putting mirror? Wondering if anyone who has, found more utility in this trainer vs that one from an alignment perspective...or is the puttout more about pace?

Puttout is more about pace. Think of Eyeline more for working purely on mechanics, and Puttout purely on feel.

Puttout is more about pace. Think of Eyeline more for working purely on mechanics, and Puttout purely on feel.
Perfect. That's the answer I needed. I'll start with mechanics. I've had too many almost drop, lip out or just barely drift by and its gotta be in my alignment. I'll still be picking up a puttout and mat at some point in the near future.

Back