Awesome. What device are you using for swing speed measurement?

The Swing Radar (I believe it is called). Don't have it in front of me atm.

I listened to a podcast recently with one of the founders of the system, and it really has me intrigued. He has studied this for a very long time, and has tons of data to support the system. Interesting to me, and not surprising at all was that if the implement is too heavy or too light it won't really help improve swing speed as much. The cost is a lot, but I might see if I can swing this and work on keeping the speed up and increasing it during the winter.

$349 for the system and then on top $249 for a speed tracking device
Whew…. Big chunk of change. I think I’ll get some lessons to increase accuracy first

So it has been interesting for me, I saw MASSIVE jumps in speed through about the first 10 sessions, but have tried implementing a change in my swing and progress slowed significantly.

But it is starting to rebound and is nothing about the system, but all part of the process to improve. Today will be last day of foundation then plan to go straight into whatever program is recommended on Thursday.

I got held up in doing my baseline, but I ordered a speed radar device. I was taking some swings and saw top end of 110. See below. I know that the speeds on these inexpensive devices measure the toe of the club, which is moving faster than where the head strikes the ball. However, for those of you who have measured your swing with one of these and then on a real device, like GC Quad, how much faster do these radar devices record?

EA2CD90F-99E6-470A-BBD4-64426B92F98D.jpeg

I got held up in doing my baseline, but I ordered a speed radar device. I was taking some swings and saw top end of 110. See below. I know that the speeds on these inexpensive devices measure the toe of the club, which is moving faster than where the head strikes the ball. However, for those of you who have measured your swing with one of these and then on a real device, like GC Quad, how much faster do these radar devices record?

View attachment 9027974

Mine has been 3-4 mph at most but I have never done them the same day. I also try to only measure when hitting a ball because swinging without a ball can get me some different numbers.

Mine is also getting old so 98 looks like 88 and I have to look pretty close to make sure I get the right number... but just need to get it in triple digits all the time because that is much easier to read.

Not gonna fib….I’m kinda sore from that baseline! Lol.

Not gonna fib….I’m kinda sore from that baseline! Lol.
Oh, oh…. That worries me. “I was once like you are now and I know that it’s not easy.” Cat Stevens. 😂

Ok, I finally got to the baseline. Here it is. Honestly, at sea level that distance potential is right about what I would expect, so I think the baseline is accurate. I will also say that this is totally cool. It is so much better than the speed sticks I have used in the past. I am as excited about this equipment as anything I have purchased since my MGI Zip Navigator in 2019.

A9B5F07C-7583-452A-8B90-739AD1F270C3.jpeg

Ok, I finally got to the baseline. Here it is. Honestly, at sea level that distance potential is right about what I would expect, so I think the baseline is accurate. I will also say that this is totally cool. It is so much better than the speed sticks I have used in the past. I am as excited about this equipment as anything I have purchased since my MGI Zip Navigator in 2019.

View attachment 9028098

You can break this down a bit? What does all of this mean.?

If you guys can't tell from the likes, I'm following this pretty closely. Really intrigues me. Not something I can do right now, but really interested to see how you guys progress and how you're able to apply it to your games.

And @templeton80 beat me to the breakdown request. That would be much appreciated
@Tenputt .

You can break this down a bit? What does all of this mean.?
Those are all numbers that are input into the app that you use with the Stack System. You have to have a device that will measure the club speed of driver and then swings with the Stack device. You start out with 10 swings with driver and the app asks you for the speed that was measured for each swing. Then you do sets of four reps with the weight in the stack device indicated in the screen shot. Again, the app asks for the speed recorded for each rep. Finally, you do a set of four reps with just your trail arm, no weights and a set with your lead arm, no weights. The app then does its own calculations and spits out your distance potential. The numbers then become your base for your individual workout program, to measure your progress.

The other numbers are answers on a scale of 1 to 5 how you felt during the workout in terms of how healthy you felt and what your energy level was.

Last edited:
I hope that made sense.

I hope that made sense.

Ok. So where is says Both that just means both hands. Trail your right hand if you are right handed etc.

Cool thanks!’ I am super interested and will probably be getting on of these soon..

Ok. So where is says Both that just means both hands. Trail your right hand if you are right handed etc.

Cool thanks!’ I am super interested and will probably be getting on of these soon..
You have it. I have a feeling that this is going to be super helpful. Anyone who has seen my other posts has read me lament about a loss of speed this year. This may get me back to where I was, which is driver ball speed in the 150’s.

Those are all numbers that are input into the app that you use with the Stack System. You have to have a device that will measure the club speed of driver and then swings with the Stack device. You start out with 10 swings with driver and the app asks you for the speed that was measured for each swing. Then you do sets of four reps with the weight in the stack device indicated in the screen shot. Again, the app asks for the speed recorded for each rep. Finally, you do a set of four reps with just your trail arm, no weights and a set with your lead arm, no weights. The app then does its own calculations and spits out your distance potential. The numbers then become your base for your individual workout program, to measure your progress.

The other numbers are answers on a scale of 1 to 5 how you felt during the workout in terms of how healthy you felt and what your energy level was.
I hope that made sense.

It does, thanks. I'm now wondering what it would effect to not be able to swing with just your trail arm, and give it that number. I can't do that. At least not at anything even remotely resembling actual speed. :unsure:

It does, thanks. I'm now wondering what it would effect to not be able to swing with just your trail arm, and give it that number. I can't do that. At least not at anything even remotely resembling actual speed. :unsure:
It gives you the option not to input the single arm data, so I don’t think it is that significant.

View attachment 9027974
I just asked a question like this. My Mevo+ consistently records swing speeds 1-4 mph slower than my SSR, which is the same as you have in your picture. That is on E6 Connect. Going to try later today on the Flightscope app to see if it is the same. I’m not sure if the Mevo+ is super accurate, but am interested to see if anybody else responds on this

I just asked a question like this. My Mevo+ consistently records swing speeds 1-4 mph slower than my SSR, which is the same as you have in your picture. That is on E6 Connect. Going to try later today on the Flightscope app to see if it is the same. I’m not sure if the Mevo+ is super accurate, but am interested to see if anybody else responds on this
I have never used the Mevo+ device. My thought on it is that as long as it is consistent, it will work. It doesn’t matter to me if it is a little faster or slower. If it is consistent, it will give me a baseline and let me know if I am progressing in a positive direction.

It gives you the option not to input the single arm data, so I don’t think it is that significant.

Not sure I agree with that. If you have one arm holding back your speed, I am guessing training it and improving it would yield benefits when both arms are being used. Personally my trail arm numbers are way above my lead arm so will be curious what the training protocols end up being for me now that foundation is done.

You have it. I have a feeling that this is going to be super helpful. Anyone who has seen my other posts has read me lament about a loss of speed this year. This may get me back to where I was, which is driver ball speed in the 150’s.

Nice to hear that you think it is going to be helpful.

I have never used the Mevo+ device. My thought on it is that as long as it is consistent, it will work. It doesn’t matter to me if it is a little faster or slower. If it is consistent, it will give me a baseline and let me know if I am progressing in a positive direction.

Yes, and I am pretty sure you input what device you are using to measure your speeds and the app takes that into account.

Not sure I agree with that. If you have one arm holding back your speed, I am guessing training it and improving it would yield benefits when both arms are being used. Personally my trail arm numbers are way above my lead arm so will be curious what the training protocols end up being for me now that foundation is done.
I would agree that in the best of all worlds, you would input all of the data requested for the baseline. However, the app does give the option to skip the input for single arm, both lead and trail. I know that @OldandStiff has had some injuries and when he asked the question, I inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that perhaps those injuries make it difficult for him to swing with only one of his arms. If that is true, the app might try to develop a program that would strengthen something that cannot be strengthened. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that is what I was getting at. I was trying to say that since the app gives you the option to skip that input, it must be effective without it.

I would agree that in the best of all worlds, you would input all of the data requested for the baseline. However, the app does give the option to skip the input for single arm, both lead and trail. I know that @OldandStiff has had some injuries and when he asked the question, I inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that perhaps those injuries make it difficult for him to swing with only one of his arms. If that is true, the app might try to develop a program that would strengthen something that cannot be strengthened. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that is what I was getting at. I was trying to say that since the app gives you the option to skip that input, it must be effective without it.
After listening to a podcast with the creator, he would probably value some people not doing single arm work, as it would provide valuable insight as to whether it is more or less effective to do it or not.

Lot of sense there and I did not know of any injuries.

Back