The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the range tomorrow to sharpen the "once good now crappy" short game

It's been solid year since I have actually worked on my short game.

I'm excited to waken up my wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to the range tomorrow to sharpen the "once good now crappy" short game

Only a year huh, I'm not even sure where I would go to work on short game. Why bother when you can just work on driving greens #chicksdigtheshortgame
#notheydont
#morebeagsbombs

So we can have that match next week?

"Hands first".

That's hopefully the key to a rebound from an awful couple of months of ball striking. Pull hooks have been the order of the day, especially off the tee.

My dad surmised that I likely wasn't getting my hands through the hitting zone before the club head. Helps to have a former scratch golfer for a father! It was in the middle of a go-nowhere round so I started focusing on "hands first" as my swing thought for the last two holes. Instant difference. The hooks went away and the ball flight was either straight or a fade. That's what I want to have. When combined with a push it turned into a slice but I can correct that a lot easier.

I went from the course directly to the range to work more on it. More good shots than bad. I actually find myself pushing the short irons more than the long clubs, wasn't expecting that.

I find that I am not swinging as hard and the impact sounds really strong. Makes hitting down with the irons and hybrids easier for me.

I would love to have a controlled fade as my stock shot for next season.

Spent lunch at a golf course down the street in their chipping and putting green. Working on getting up and down from all around the green.

Enjoyed a nice practice session today. I love hitting the range and playing in the sand now.

Putting - I gotta say, the Cure putter, as bad as it looks, is flat out money on the greens. Had three people come up to me and ask what kind of putter I was using, and whether it was legal.

Another warm day and lunch break spent at the practice green. Picked up some great tips from Freddie in another thread and had a really good chipping session.

Working on my irons in my basement tonight, and feeling really confident in that part of my game. Impact pattern is about the size of a half dollar right on the middle of the face; obviously not the dime we'd all hope for, but pretty good for me. Lesson coming in Friday for my driver, and I'm hoping my pro has some good feedback or tips to get me squared away.

Working on my irons in my basement tonight, and feeling really confident in that part of my game. Impact pattern is about the size of a half dollar right on the middle of the face; obviously not the dime we'd all hope for, but pretty good for me. Lesson coming in Friday for my driver, and I'm hoping my pro has some good feedback or tips to get me squared away.

DO WORK!

I couldn't sleep, so I went out and hit some clubs in the garage.

Got to the range yesterday and hit a large bucket. Despite working regularly on building an inside-to-out path, a fade was still occasionally showing up rather than the draw I've been working to build. Contact has improved significantly since focusing on keeping my wrist bowed through impact.

Had a lesson today and turns out I've been breaking my hinge prior to my hands coming in line with my thigh, causing my hands to cast a bit and creating that outside-in angle despite my clubhead remaining inside at parallel on the downswing. Focused on keeping the hinge through impact and following the ball with my clubhead. Feeling like I'm getting closer and closer to having a repeatable swing that I can start taking out to the course.

Really happy with only 11 30 minute lessons so far at GolfTEC I can actually see myself having a repeatable, powerful, technically decent swing.

Worked on feeling my club head release

Went to the range yesterday after getting back to Orlando. It's been a week since I swung a club, so just wanted to get outside hit all the clubs. I've been finding the range a little boring lately, mainly because I'm not focusing my sessions on practicing anything other than putting a good swing on the ball. So I decided to simulate shots I had from a recent round, aiming at different spots and angles depending on what each hole did, etc. It helped immensely and made the session a little more constructive than usual.

On another note, I might be getting the GBB HW sooner rather than later. The GBB 3W is becoming more and more automatic and while I enjoy the V-series HW, I think I'd benefit from having both woods being the same and prefer the feel of the GBB a little more. I'd love another 5-10 yards out of the club and think it would be possible to achieve with the GBB HW as well. It will happen at some point.

First time ever using a heated range, but put in some work today. About 60% of the bucket was spent on driver, with a variety of clubs making up the rest. Started off rocky, but about 20 minutes in I started hitting my stride and seeing some really good shots. Taking a lot of confidence away from this session, with a lesson tomorrow to hopefully confirm some things I've been working on.

a5371695462d6ca933a2bd1ab2f6779a.jpg

The THP Range/Practice Thread

First time ever using a heated range, but put in some work today. About 60% of the bucket was spent on driver, with a variety of clubs making up the rest. Started off rocky, but about 20 minutes in I started hitting my stride and seeing some really good shots. Taking a lot of confidence away from this session, with a lesson tomorrow to hopefully confirm some things I've been working on.

a5371695462d6ca933a2bd1ab2f6779a.jpg

Nice! Those heated bays really are nice. Yesterday was my first time in one as well. Pretty cool to just kick on a heater and open the garage door out to a nice range. Not the same as hitting off of grass, but still a very nice option for bad weather.

02a3e7c422b9f34f6c86e7487411b48e.jpg

Another good range session. I grabbed two large bags and one was used exclusively 110 and in. I had three flags, (108, 82, 63) and used various wedges to see how I could hit different shots into each. I'm feeling really comfortable with the MD3 wedges right now.

The other bag was used to work on my iron and driver swings. My irons were spot on today. Working what Freddie wanted me to address is paying off and I'm hitting some crisp iron shots and to distances/targets as intended.

The driver was a mixed bag today, but nothing that was not playable if on a real course. I tinkered with shafts that I had, (Rogue, Diamana Blue & Grandura). Hands down Grandura was the best of the lot and it's got me thinking what will come close on a few weeks. The comfort level I have with that shaft is crazy good right now. The ball speed, swing speed and carry distances were all better. Good thing I know what I'm capable of doing and will give me a good baseline for the fitter.

On Saturday I hit the range with O'Carroll prior to a quick 9 hole round. Did some driver testing on a LM. Hit the JPX EZ against the GBB and my Covert 2.0 Tour. Really just the first 2 as the Nike was just sitting there for most of the day. After watching me take a bunch of swings with both the Mizuno and Callaway, I grabbed the Nike and took a few swings. Each one was perfect and the numbers were some of the best of the day. The remark from Pete was "I hope you are playing that driver today"

Worked a bit yesterday morning before going to family Thanksgiving #1.

Basically its really simple for me in the full swing right now, more swinging, less thinking. Only thing I have to do is focus on turning and not throwing the clubhead from the top, my ball-striking is rounding back into shape and I'm honestly getting comfortable again.

Short game work though is also becoming a lot of fun, really leaning on the 54 more and more greenside still and taking the LOGICAL shot and not the hero shot with the 60. Putting is interesting around here right now though because the greens have gone dormant and it makes it pretty brutal to get a feel.

Love me some golf. Golf is, indeed, fun.

Love when the Pro shop let's you know you'll be the only one out there and they're locking up.

Cmon, its not THAT dark.

Love seeing the redemption team up in here grinding out the little time they have left! Keep it up fellas and bring back the belt!!

I spent a good hour putting. Just working on my stroke and making sure it's right where it needs to be. Tested myself with some downhill breaking putts & hit a lot of 8-10 footers.

Spent 40 minutes at during lunch today at a local park. Just getting outside and doing full swings with no ball to warm up, then chipping some balls at tree targets at various distances throughout the park. I was the only one there, it was a little chilly, high 30's and breezy. Plan on going back tomorrow. Also did some putting in the basement with my sons fetching the balls for me after each putt.

Back out to the park today to practice during lunch. Today I was just hitting some full AW and PW shots, focusing on good tempo and good ball contact. Very nice and relaxing at the park today, I was the only one there. A driving range would be better, but there isn't one close to my work, so I'm making the best out of what I have.
0a6b345c6d5fb027f8d777cb63cdfd41.jpg

Another day of work for me here in about 15 minutes. On course work today, including a lot of bunker work.

Grooooooooooooooooooove it!

Last day of school this week too so I should be able to get a ton of time in early tomorrow morning in the cold until the front moves in all the way.

32 degrees out and course is on frost delay so I won't have time to play a round. But, the range is open :)
406e8aa81957e7090e910ed13edb3fb3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back