The Tiger Woods Fan Thread

All I have to say is that "Tiger Woods has nothing to prove to anyone but himself"

I have always admired Tiger's ability on the golf course. What he has done may never be equaled in our generation. Of course, we said the same things about Jack with better competition IMO.

The first thing he must do is to get healthy. He should NOT try to play at the PGA level until he is completely healthy. We have seen so many athletes in all sports try to come back too soon and have to wait even longer to return to action.

As to a coach, I have no clue. As posted in another thread, his pride and ego will never let him go back to Butch. I'm not sure that Foley is the answer. His free fall reminds me a little of Ian Baker-Finch's problems. He had NO idea where his tee shot was going after changing his swing. I think that Tiger has the mental toughness that Baker-Finch never had. TW needs to have someone to guide him back, but NOT change everything like Foley is trying to do.

HE'S BACK! (sorry, I had to do it)

@TigerWoods
Feeling fit and ready to tee it up at Firestone next week. Excited to get back out there!

Yay Tiger!

Tiger sucks....how's that Kevin?

This thread needs some dissenting opinions. The love fest is a little nauseating.

Kevin

HE'S BACK! (sorry, I had to do it)

He's gonna win! Every event for the rest of his life! He's gonna win at Akron, the Nationwide event, the Hooters Event (in more ways then one), the Georgia Junior Golf Sectional Event, the Morgan Cup, every major forever. I feel it. He's back. Golf will never be the same.

Yay Tiger!

Tiger sucks....how's that Kevin?

it's a start, and as we know......"Hanks speaks the truth."

Kevin

Hopefully he's recovered 100% and not 80%, 90%, or even 99.99999%.

Hopefully he's recovered 100% and not 80%, 90%, or even 99.99999%.

I find it hard to believe from the injuries he has had that he will ever truly be 100% again.

Clean shaven or bearded Tiger at the Firestone?

I find it hard to believe from the injuries he has had that he will ever truly be 100% again.

I've never believed that it was all about injuries.

In fact, I believe that his recurring knee problem was a very convenient excuse to walk away from golf and take care of whatever other issues he needed to deal with without having to explain what they were.
Tiger's biggest problem since hitting that tree has been getting his life in order and changing his image. To do that, there have no doubt been many things which had to be taken care of that would have been difficult to do if he were playing steadily and when he needed that time, the knee started "acting up" again and that became a universal pass for being absent.

I mean, which sounds better for him from an image point of view?

"My knee hurts and I need to rest it."

or

"I still don't have my head together and I need to take care of other issues in my life before I can feel confident enough to play competitive golf again."

I think that it has taken a good deal of time for him to get things in order; his divorce, making sure things are OK with his kids and most importantly (from a career perspective) getting the people and influences that contributed to his fall, out of his life. I think he's been working towards that for quite a while and I believe that severing ties to Steve Williams was one of the last (if not THE last) thing he needed to do.

He's had to basically reformat his own hard drive and get rid of the operating system that his father installed and replace it with a new one without all of the bugs and viruses that the old one had.

With Tiger, I think it's been more about getting his mind and his life pointed in the right direction than getting his knee healthy, but the bad knee has conveniently served as a means of allowing him to do that without having to go through a whole lot of explanation. It's very similar to when a cop who commits suicide is said to have been the victim of a "gun cleaning accident". It's a neat and tidy way to sidestep the real issues that were going on and it provides a simple alternative explanation to what would otherwise be a very complicated story.

That's what I think, anyway.

If he wanted to really change his image,then option 2 would have made him appear more genuine than option 1.

If he wanted to really change his image,then option 2 would have made him appear more genuine than option 1.

True, but if his goal is to win and not so much his image, than option 1 makes sense. The more he talks about his personal life, the more he opens the door to questions from the media about it. He clearly does not enjoy talking about his life away from golf.

I wonder what this thread will look like if Tiger doesn't play well? Well, probably the same actually lol

I wonder what this thread will look like if Tiger doesn't play well? Well, probably the same actually lol

There will probably be some discussion on his manscaping haha.

I highly doubt he plays well, even for the rest of the year. I'm hoping for a surprise but I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Tiger is on course today, but not in Akron at the Bridgestone Invitational. Per PGA.com, he's at the Atlanta Athletic Club getting in a practice round for the PGA Championship. That's good, but I have no idea what's going on with his pants in this picture from earlier today:

283176_10150251565282322_49600122321_7664549_5759667_n.jpg

Tiger is on course today, but not in Akron at the Bridgestone Invitational. Per PGA.com, he's at the Atlanta Athletic Club getting in a practice round for the PGA Championship. That's good, but I have no idea what's going on with his pants in this picture from earlier today:

283176_10150251565282322_49600122321_7664549_5759667_n.jpg

looks like he has combined the styles of OEM and Marcawesome. Going with the chin goatee and cargo shorts

Cause he is the bestest ever. He look smaller?

If those are cargo shorts, we need to find a better picture!

Three months really should be ample time to heal from a strained achilles and a sprained knee. I suspect he has been hitting balls for three weeks or so and I really think this is a perfect tune up, with there being no cut and all. I know that when I hard ACL reconstruction surgery it was the best thing ever for my game because all I could was practice my short game and putting, which is crucial to Tiger's success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger is already on the course at Firestone per Morning Drive on the Golf Channel.

One interesting equipment tidbit I noted: He's got one of the Graphite Design Tour AD shafts in his driver instead of the trusty Diamana Whiteboard.

Oh goodness, looks like Tiger is one step away from Jorts.

Tiger is already on the course at Firestone per Morning Drive on the Golf Channel.

One interesting equipment tidbit I noted: He's got one of the Graphite Design Tour AD shafts in his driver instead of the trusty Diamana Whiteboard.

He has actually been experimenting with the Tour AD shafts for close to 2 years now. Usually ends up back with his Diamana, but has put the Tour AD in play at quite a few tournaments.

Cause he is the bestest ever. He look smaller?

He does look smaller in that pic. I think it would be good for him to slim down a little

Back