The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

35 days from today.
That is the duration left for what I like to call the preparation journey. The time you have to get everything right before arriving on the scene at Staff Sponsor Day. Which of course is the beginning to what will be one of the best golf weekends you could ever imagine.

35 days and the fun begins.
35 days until the nerves get large.
35 days until we begin to crown champions.

The time is no longer coming, but is here. Get ready for the ride of a lifetime.

35 days feels like a blink compared to how long this journey has been going on, and when the calendar flips over to July and I can start saying the MC is "this month", that's really going to blow me away. I had a similar countdown when my wife was pregnant with our first child, and I've got the same mix of nervousness and excitement that I did then. I've got a mix of "can't freaking wait" and "slow down, I still need to do this", and thankfully the list of things to do is shrinking to allow more room for the anticipation to have my mind blown and my life changed by a weekend of golf that will likely ruin me for every other weekend of golf ever. Time to finish strong.

5 weeks, it doesn't seem like it should be that close already!

5 freaking weeks is all we got to really dig. To really try and find that extra gear. I can't believe how close it really is.

5 Weeks left and it's show time boys!!! I have really enjoyed this Journey with all of you and have gotten to know some amazing people. Thank you everyone for the great support for keeing the #THPMC a amazing experience. You really do fell like a rock star when someone ask's you (Your in the #THPMC?).. Grind Time is really among us and these next 5 weeks it's game on to getting all my golf game really iron out so it better than ready for #THPMC. Can't wait to see you all down there becuase it is going to be AWESOME!!!

I want this day to come and I dont want it to at the same time because it does have to end. But that being said this has been an amazing ride and cant wait to see how this last 5 weeks rolls out.

I mean look at what the Cleveland boys are getting! Woot!

35 days!!!!!!! Time for the ultimate focus to get everything ready. Our Major is upon us and victory is being dangled out there like a piece of meat.
Who will leave everyone else in a cloud of dust??

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

i want this day to come and i dont want it to at the same time because it does have to end. But that being said this has been an amazing ride and cant wait to see how this last 5 weeks rolls out.

I mean look at what the cleveland boys are getting! Woot!

top secret equipment!!!!

Man 35 days seems just around the corner! Still engender fresh on my mind when it was 4+months away

Who will leave everyone else in a cloud of dust??

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Do you really want me to answer this?

Nah, let the actions speak on 7/26.

Trevor. That's incredible progress man.

You are to commended. Improvement that big doesn't come without commitment and doing work. Well done!!

Trevor. That's incredible progress man.

You are to commended. Improvement that big doesn't come without commitment and doing work. Well done!!

Lessons are what have truly made the difference for me I wish just wish I would have started taking them ages ago. I am on my way to another one as we speak

Lessons are what have truly made the difference for me I wish just wish I would have started taking them ages ago. I am on my way to another one as we speak

Lessons are definitely where it's at!

Really looking forward to the end of July. The journey has been great, but it's time for some action! My putting is the best it's ever been and I'm playing the best golf of my life. I'm actually at a point right now where I'm not hitting 300 balls every day. I'm putting and chipping a lot more and maybe going to the range twice a week. The rest of the time I try to spend on the course.

My wife's taken a different approach to my golf now and has really started to support me. Yesterday she asked if I was golfing in the afternoon because it was so nice out. She was shocked when I said, "no" because I wanted to just relax.

32 days is all that separates us from today and Staff Sponsor Day, 33 days before the competition starts, 34 days until a champion is crowned. Even as a captain and a veteran, I have no idea what is in store for us, but I know that it will be amazing.

Let's finish this up in style boys.

Family vacations are over and it's now time to put the final touches in place for my journey to the Cup. This was the time last year that things all came together and my confidence was high heading to the event. This time is very critical and must be used wisely. I know what it takes to win the Cup. I saw it first hand last year in 8 other guys. This is why I wanted back in. This is why I got back in. This is why failure is not an option.

#GoTime

Family vacations are over and it's now time to put the final touches in place for my journey to the Cup. This was the time last year that things all came together and my confidence was high heading to the event. This time is very critical and must be used wisely. I know what it takes to win the Cup. I saw it first hand last year in 8 other guys. This is why I wanted back in. This is why I got back in. This is why failure is not an option.

#GoTime

I want to post something like "Sorry to disappoint you in your goal." But, candidly, I'm just ready to tee it up and do this thing.

Round 1 will be a doozy!

I want to post something like "Sorry to disappoint you in your goal." But, candidly, I'm just ready to tee it up and do this thing.

Round 1 will be a doozy!

I do hate when you type on the computer while you sleep walk. Time to wake up Seth........my new best buddy after this weekend!! Playing you was all part of the global plan that's in store for us. Can't wait to caddy shack it with you and Doug Sat. morning.

I feel good at the moment about my game, I'm playing better golf than ever in my life, and to be able to share the event with so many THP'ers will only make it even better. It's going to be some spectacular golf during that weekend.

Do you guys feel that the work you have put in is beginning to be over and it's time for a mental phase or do you keep going back the range hitting buckets just until the event?

No mental phase for me....just getting into a good groove and letting things happen.

My game is trending up just in time I think....keep on keeping on.

No mental phase for me....just getting into a good groove and letting things happen.

My game is trending up just in time I think....keep on keeping on.
Good stuff dude...no sense in peaking early, save that pb for Myrtle where others can see it*

I've been practicing talking in a golf whisper & channeling my inner Feherty. Witty banter along with technical commentary will be on point come July. I will be rounding into form ready to call the matches with the professionalism they deserve.

I will be grinding it out until the day I leave for MB. I don't want to waste a second as it seems like just yesterday this journey was just beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been practicing talking in a golf whisper & channeling my inner Feherty. Witty banter along with technical commentary will be on point come July. I will be rounding into form ready to call the matches with the professionalism they deserve.

Hahaha, love it dude! Excited for our practice round on Wednesday! You will LOVE Caledonia man, incredible track.

The excitement is definitely building Castor, and there seems to be enough good happening and enough that still needs work to keep me busy right up until Saturday morning. Just trying to maintain the current pace with an even tempo into The Ultimate Golf Event Period.

I cannot wait to share it with everyone.

#Excited.

JM

Back