The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Played with War Eagle, Mward and Trout Bum on Friday. Plenty of discussion around the MC. The consensus was how much we were looking forward to the teams being formed and basically enjoying the ride from there

I'm sure there was a lot of MC talk during that day in between testing all of those new irons and playing some golf together. I hope my name is announced and I get to join one of hte teams and enjoy the journey. I bet it is hard being patient at this time. It will pay off though in the long run for you though, I'm sure.

My local pro does offer a short game clinic though at a good price. I may jump on that

Last year I was looking for gross overall improvement, this year I am honing in on short game. My goal is to have my short game as air tight as possible come july. Hard to do it in the winter, which is why I am working on full swing wedges and irons while I can't get out on the course or to a short game area. Once the weather breaks, that will be my big emphasis.

Last year I was looking for gross overall improvement, this year I am honing in on short game. My goal is to have my short game as air tight as possible come july. Hard to do it in the winter, which is why I am working on full swing wedges and irons while I can't get out on the course or to a short game area. Once the weather breaks, that will be my big emphasis.

My lessons start next month, but EVERYTHING I have seen and read suggests to me that a super tight short game (to include being ON with the putting game) is going to be the difference. Yes, one needs to navigate the fairways and keep the ball in play, but it seems to me that the short game is going to cure many ills that may be associated with missing the mark in the fairway or those important approach shots. Either way, I am going to be ready for all of it with the plan I have in place.

JM

I ended up finally get a net to put in the basement to keep practicing my swing. Had blankets hanging up but they just couldn't handle my bombs lol... Also did a video of my current swing so hopefully some of you will watch it and let me know what you think. I got tons of work to do till July and this week starts off my golf lessons. Really looking forward to better my golf came this year.

I spent some of the evening looking at the Golf Digest top instructor list and there is a highly rated younger guy not far from my house. May have to pay his facility a visit.

I have an honest question for each person that is beginning their journey to the Morgan Cup.
How many of you will not be taking lessons?

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I have finally found a PGA Professional that I really get along with and enjoy talking with him and learning from him. I will be starting the second week of Feb with indoor lessons and I plan on taking them until I can take 2-3 lessons with him outside on a range and then start playing. Then going back to him the month of June for a tune up month before the #THPMC.

I plan on joining the New York State Golf Association and participating in a handful of their state day tournaments.

I'm also lucky enough to have another MC'er (Six4Three5) in my area and we have some fun little match play prep plans.

Can't wait for it buddy. I can't wait to push each other to become the best we can be leading up!

I plan on joining the New York State Golf Association and participating in a handful of their state day tournaments.

I'm also lucky enough to have another MC'er (Six4Three5) in my area and we have some fun little match play prep plans.

I'm not too far away. I want in ha hs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't mean to leave you out, just kind of already started talking about it with Jimmy. You're about 2 hours closer to me than Rochester, so just let me know when you're ready!

Can't wait to see the teams develop and strategies form, work with a purpose has a totally different meaning.

Even with the new job starting I will be working my tail off. Also got the email from the boss that the time off for the MC is approved.

Didn't mean to leave you out, just kind of already started talking about it with Jimmy. You're about 2 hours closer to me than Rochester, so just let me know when you're ready!

Yes Christian! When we get together in the Albany area you'll definitely have to join us for a little #THPMC prep rounds!

Can't wait to see the teams develop and strategies form, work with a purpose has a totally different meaning.

You and I both buddy. I can't wait to see how the teams will be formed. Seeing how AWESOME the selection process has been I'm sure the actually team selection process will be just as awesome!

It is also extra motivation when you know who the 7 guys are that you are now accountable to and that will rely on you to perform come July.

It is also extra motivation when you know who the 7 guys are that you are now accountable to and that will rely on you to perform come July.

Totally agree man, we win as a team, practice as a team, and all reap the rewards.

Totally agree man, we win as a team, practice as a team, and all reap the rewards.

Could not agree more.

I have an honest question for each person that is beginning their journey to the Morgan Cup.

Actually just had a lengthy phone call with CJ from my local GolfTec about this exact question. I've always wanted to take a lesson and what better time to do it. Cost is a big factor for me this year and will partake in some way or form of a lesson. Will be going to see CJ this Sunday to talk a little more detail than we did over the phone. I've seen him at the local Exec 9 that I frequent and he always says hello (from swing analysis last year). He is usually giving an on course lesson and I've been on the putting green by the first tee every time I've seen him. They have several instructors there and explained to him that I will usually grab a spot on the grass range (summer) or bay (winter) and listen to how they are instructing. It's always been a general lesson from what I've gathered and nothing more than the basics, so really not impressed with the quality. Then again, it's on the lower side cost wise and you get what you pay for I imagine.

Here's to a successful search.

So there should be a ton of drooling going on for those that have already received the Morgan Cup call or those who aspire to after today!

So there should be a ton of drooling going on for those that have already received the Morgan Cup call or those who aspire to after today!

So much. Some really awesome things on display, and in the case of us Bridgestone staffers, huge freaking bombs dropping. I want so much to hear more about the true balance putters!

Freddy Kong just gave me a tune up and I am ready to get to work when I get home!

Metal-X Milled Versa. I want one.

OK, that's a lie...I want, like, 4 or 5 of them.

Practice takes on different meaning now. I have a plan and purpose. Its awesome to know that I have to be there to support my 7 other teammates. 2 lessons this week alone. Wish I would have taken them sooner but boy o boy they sure are helping.

I'm shifting some of my plans. Lessons start the 15th of February, and then every two weeks from there, so the start/middle of April. Got the OK from the wife to play a round after each lesson. Looking forward to seeing some scores go down. It's been nice to be able to make some positive changes to my swing, but I have a bad habit of over-cooking things, so getting some drills and patterns to repeat is going to be good.

There are a few things I need to get worked out with my short game. I will probably venture into a few lessons with my club pro to get his input. After that, it's practice time. I also hope to have a few questions answered after the SeeMore outing.

Back