The Vest: Yay or Nay?

Vest: Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
Im sure there comes a point when a vest is less effective than a jacket. I wonder if in ‘cool’ temperatures it might be effective. I’m thinking in the like 55°-60° F range for me personally.

That's the forecast for our Sunday round. I have to have one of these stupid things still hanging around somewhere. I will dig it out and wear it just to prove to myself that it serves no useful purpose. I will take a picture and update my av accordingly. lol

edit: If I shoot a 65 or something I will never forgive Jman for making this thread and putting me in the position to believe it had something to do with the power of the vest.

That's the forecast for our Sunday round. I have to have one of these stupid things still hanging around somewhere. I will dig it out and wear it just to prove to myself that it serves no useful purpose. I will take a picture and update my av accordingly. lol

edit: If I shoot a 65 or something I will never forgive Jman for making this thread and putting me in the position to believe it had something to do with the power of the vest.

Im going to see if I can find one I like the looks of, and I’ll give it a shot too. That’s about what my Sunday round will be weather-wise as well.

So, I recently got in some pieces of the new Callaway Fall 19 weather lineup and there is a vest included, which I’ve never been one to roll with, ever.

But now I kind of dig it, a lot.

Is it just getting older, or is the vest a worthy accessory? What’s your take on the vest, yay or nay?
Like you, I've never been one to roll with one, but your post may help open my mind to trying one.

Like you, I've never been one to roll with one, but your post may help open my mind to trying one.
Might as well go shopping with me.

I have about 1/2 dozen and wear them often.

I'm a vest guy, love them for skiing, running, mountain biking, etc. but also for golf. Lets the arms move and keeps the core toasty. I bought a couple Callaway and Puma vests to be golf specific this year. Extra pockets while golfing is a bonus.

It's cold up here in Wisco, so gotta layer-up: yay.

Love the vest in late fall or early spring rounds.

Vests are perfect for this time of the year. Owned a few but not recently

Haha. Well you hunky youngsters can pull that off. Some of us ... uh oh.

Patagonia nano puff vest is my pick for a golf vest.

I also don't fall prey to cultural attitudes about certain items. I spend a lot of time in places like Yellowstone and Glacier where we make fun of what visitors bring to wear. :p Their typical urban/suburban wear doesn't work there. Just saying.

Sadly, Tech Bro culture appropriated your Nano Puff. So now you can laugh at what the flatlanders wear when they come to the mountains, as well as that they wear mountain clothers when sitting in city offices. RIP Nano-Puff, it was good while it lasted. ☠⚰

DWMAm8fW4AAeaQQ

I like vests. Theyre kind of oldschool.

100% yay for vests. They’re a necessity up here if you want to maximize the golf season!

Golf wearing a vest is good stuff !

Maybe. It depends.

Love vests particularly this time of year as they allow arms to be free and take the chill off when gets nippy. I have like a 25 year old Columbia vest that looks as good as the day I bought it and it just flat out keeps me belly warm. Originally bought it when we used to do a lot of downhill skiing but now worn golfing or working around the yard when the temperatures drop. Big yay from me.

I wear a vest every day at work so I'm definitely pro-vest, I just havent found one that I love for golf yet.

I knew you were a classy guy. Same here - but now I’m wearing the golf vests to work. I started out with wool vests since they were the lightest weight & warm but I never got overheated at work. Eventually found a few Peter Millar wool quarter zips, then other golf vests from synthetic materials . I picked up an adidas 1/4 zip from Wild Dunes resort at the Ultimate Gathering last year that’s been great for golf and work. Dunning makes a nice vest too - nice stretchy material.

big yay for me. i like rocking the sweater vest at work. on the course i don’t usually need it, but i think they look great. quarter zip, full zip. they all look good.

Definitely a vest guy here, keeps the back from tensing up when teeing of in the cold.

Low 60s this morning when I got to the course, wearing my spiffy new fleece vest.

it worked pretty well at keeping me warm enough. It got warm pretty quick so I didn’t wear it too long, but it seemed to work pretty good. ?

I got a 1/4 zip vest with my grab bag last year. Its a Puma from the Morgan Cup and I like it, very light but still warm.

Was chilly to start this am.

Wore a Polo and 1/4 Zip with the vest over the 1/4 zip

ended up not needing the vest, but they’re such great layering pieces

goes well with the skinny jeans and pumpkin lattes

Back