I really wasn't a fan of the episode. A lot of dragging out IMO.

My sentiments as well. Seemed more of like a tribute to those who had an effect on the character that died, and why they died. That being said, I'm glad it's back.

My sentiments as well. Seemed more of like a tribute to those who had an effect on the character that died, and why they died. That being said, I'm glad it's back.

Agreed on being glad its back, and at least it can only get better from this episode IMO.

I would say I was luke warm on this episode. It was pretty slow. Hated to see Tyrese go, but that is what is great about this show, they are not afraid to kill people off

I get that, but just get it over with, how you draw one out for some and not for others is bothersome to me. Just was not a fan.

I didn't care for all the demon battling but I can understand the reasoning I guess. I am glad they are going to Washington and are 100 miles away. Maybe they will get there by the end of the season.

maybe.

Must be going to the Alexandria safe zone

I didn't care for all the demon battling but I can understand the reasoning I guess. I am glad they are going to Washington and are 100 miles away. Maybe they will get there by the end of the season.

maybe.

Seemed like there were a ton of commercials the last episode.

I actually liked the episode.

Spoiler

I really liked the episode.

I didn't watch the Talking Dead so I don't know what was discussed, but I do have some thoughts.

I don't see how it was a tribute episode as much as showing how Tyrese just wasn't fit for this world anymore. It showed how he couldn't make the tough decisions in regards to the governor, the girls, the terminus guy or covertly rescuing Beth vs trading for her.

He just had too big a heart to survive in the world anymore.

I thought it was well written and directed as usual. Pretty darn powerful too. That was one of the most intense zombie scenes I have scene when the zombie was all up in T's face.

Maybe it was just more intense for me because I liked the character so much.

Seemed like there were a ton of commercials the last episode.
I told my wife the same thing while we were watching it

It's just getting monotonous. Talk talk talk talk, oh hey zombies oh noooooo, long drawn out shots of open fields and trees, more talking, oh no we need food, crap more zombies.

Just some episodes are crazy boring and tons of commercials. Has to get better from here on out...hopefully

Getting harder and harder to watch...but do so for Tera as she really likes zombies. Keep trying to tell her they walk slower than I belly crawl and why do people run. I find myself tensed up trying to take swings at the screen. All for her though.

Even after last night I am losing interest in this show. Thankfully they are trying to go somewhere now(DC) but before that I'm done with the "just trying to survive" I need an overall story arc to keep me interested I guess and there hasn't really been one since the first season. I don't know anymore

This show is just getting worse by the episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tons of commercials! Looonnnngggg, dddrraawwwwnnnn ooouuutttt shots that should have been handled in 15 minutes tops.

Losing Tyrese did suck though. That was a total gut shot for me. Way more than Beth and/or Bob.

Hope it gets better or this will be my last season for sure. They've done nothing great the last couple seasons.

So, I've read the comic through the second 'book' of them. I'm pretty sure I know where they are going next. It should be awesome and provide a very big story arc. Knowing how fast things go in the comic vs the show, I expect it will take 2+ years of the show to get through the next location in the comic.

I still like the show, but sometimes they need to just move on to the next big story instead of having 5 episodes of 'character exploration.'

~Rock

I just think Tyrese deserved better than getting snuck up on. He was soft but much like Beth he still had some humanity. The man could fight a group of walkers by himself which to me made his death feel cheap and somewhat inappropriate. Grantland has a good article up about the episode.

Last edited:
Things better happen soon or I'm giving up on this show for good. I've watched it several times from the beginning and it just isn't interesting anymore. I need something to interject some life back into the storyline so I'm hopeful that McRock is right about following the comic if that's the case.

Spoiler

I really liked the episode.

I didn't watch the Talking Dead so I don't know what was discussed, but I do have some thoughts.

I don't see how it was a tribute episode as much as showing how Tyrese just wasn't fit for this world anymore. It showed how he couldn't make the tough decisions in regards to the governor, the girls, the terminus guy or covertly rescuing Beth vs trading for her.

He just had too big a heart to survive in the world anymore.

I thought it was well written and directed as usual. Pretty darn powerful too. That was one of the most intense zombie scenes I have scene when the zombie was all up in T's face.

Maybe it was just more intense for me because I liked the character so much.

I agree with this 100%. I was definitely sad to see Tyrese go. I also find it kind of odd that for the first time it seems like they don't have a plan or direction.

I agree with this 100%. I was definitely sad to see Tyrese go. I also find it kind of odd that for the first time it seems like they don't have a plan or direction.

They have a plan. Going to DC.

They have a plan. Going to DC.

Well what I mean is it that at the end they were saying they didn't really know what to do. So they just were kind of like, screw it lets go to DC. Before they were always defending the prison or trying to find other members of the group. This just didn't feel like a concrete plan to me.

Well what I mean is it that at the end they were saying they didn't really know what to do. So they just were kind of like, screw it lets go to DC. Before they were always defending the prison or trying to find other members of the group. This just didn't feel like a concrete plan to me.

They had a plan to honor Beth's promise to get Noah back home. One step at a time...

If anyone follows the comic series, you see that
Spoiler
Glenn's death is foreshadowed when he picks up the baseball bat as his new weapon, a weapon that will be used to kill him.

Tyrese deserved to be killed off better than that. Disappointed in the ep overall.

Back