The Winter Olympics

Lindsey Vonn is hot.

That is all.

I'm watching the Germany/USA womens curling right now, pretty sure its a re-broadcast of what I missed last night. These girls laying down the rocks are so intense, I love it. Both are pretty hot, even with red noses, lol.

Its just an opinion and take it with a grain of salt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Besides, the whole US memtality is that we are just so much better than everyone else when it should be a friendly cmpetition and all other countries coming together to compete with others in their sport!
Very true. Great thing about this country is that you can say what you want to.

I hope the U.S. athletes win every event, even when it's obvious they have no chance. Always hope for them to pull off their greatest performance ever to take the Gold . Even better is if we have three competitors, for them to take all three medals.

Its just an opinion and take it with a grain of salt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Besides, the whole US memtality is that we are just so much better than everyone else when it should be a friendly cmpetition and all other countries coming together to compete with others in their sport!

Friendly competition left the building once pro athletes got involved.....

Fine!! Let me explain....

Its just not fair that the US has so many more competitors and its just a shame for those smaller countries and it seems like they don't even stand a chance....

Tis All...

That's just natural and a fact of life....Is it reasonable to think that a country like Liechtenstein which is the size of Vermont would have the same population to pull athletes from as the US? More people = greater potential talent pool.

Which is why there's just no point because it was better when it was just amateur, but anyways......

Which brings me to this question...if pros are now allowed, why can't there be pro figure skaters in the olympics?

False.....pros are better than amateurs. That's why they're pros

um...there are pro figure skaters skating in the olympics. almost all of them are. a lot of those skaters skate in the world championships, etc where they get paid beaucoup $$$$ for appearing and winning a medal if they do so. never mind the ones that skate in Disne on Ice stuff, etc.

I personally don't understand why we, as Americans, would ever have to apologize for striving to be the best? Every athlete out there, from every country, is out there to win. I pull for other countries at times, not at the exclusion of the USA, but many times love the story line of an individual such as the skier who won gold for his brother, Canadian I believe.

Being a winner is a good thing, being humble in the win is even better.

I personally don't understand why we, as Americans, would ever have to apologize for striving to be the best? Every athlete out there, from every country, is out there to win. I pull for other countries at times, not at the exclusion of the USA, but many times love the story line of an individual such as the skier who won gold for his brother, Canadian I believe.

Being a winner is a good thing, being humble in the win is even better.

Well said!

She is just a very smart lady :clap:

Is Luongo getting the start today or do you think they wait until Sunday when were both in? Im hoping Quick starts on Sunday.

Quick is the only American goalie I can stand, 'tis the main reason I'm rooting for Russia.

Quick is the only American goalie I can stand, 'tis the main reason I'm rooting for Russia.

Quick has been fun to watch this year.

I thought the other one with the princess crown was way hotter.

Was it Julia Mancuso?
MancusoJulia_web.jpg

Yeah she's hot too!

Is Luongo getting the start today or do you think they wait until Sunday when were both in? Im hoping Quick starts on Sunday.

Brodeur is getting the nod against the Swiss. They say it will depend on his game as to who will start against the Americans. I would put my money on Brodeur getting the start, but you never know. None of the Canadian goalies have had a great year so far.

I can't beleive you guys don't like Miller. He has been arguably the best goalie so far this year. But I am a little biased as he has been one of my favorites since he came into the league. Plus I was rooting for Anderson to get the 3rd goalie position for the US over Quick.

And the skier with the story about his brother was the Canadian who won gold in the mogals.

I can't beleive you guys don't like Miller. He has been arguably the best goalie so far this year. But I am a little biased as he has been one of my favorites since he came into the league. Plus I was rooting for Anderson to get the 3rd goalie position for the US over Quick.
I dont have anything against Miller at all. Im just like you, a litte biased towards Quick because Im a Kings fan.

Sorry - I haven't read this entire thread so you probably already discussed this, but weren't the women skiers in the Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit edition?

On another note - I don't understand someone like Dale Begg-Smith who moves to another country to compete for that country. I'm glad he didn't win the gold.

Sorry - I haven't read this entire thread so you probably already discussed this, but weren't the women skiers in the Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit edition?

On another note - I don't understand someone like Dale Begg-Smith who moves to another country to compete for that country. I'm glad he didn't win the gold.

I"ve wondered that myself. There's a Japanese lady, pairs figure skating, born in Japan, but she became a Russian citizen to skate for Russia. WHY?!?!?!?! :confused2:

Back