THP Event Random Memories Thread

2014 Ocean City invitational. I'm paired with ForTheLoveofGolf and the other twosome is some guys named DevRickus and Buckjob. Needless to say by the 7th hole they were shouting obscenities at each other and Brian and I were discussing what we should do if/when it results in a physical altercation. It was very uncomfortable/hilarious for a while...

I cant believe you would leave off the "mark" that Wardy made on everyone in the hotel room in Atlanta....
OMG!! You're right. That far outweighs the Leprechaun outfit. Still, the most vile thing I've ever encountered. And we had to replace a septic tank.

2014 Ocean City invitational. I'm paired with ForTheLoveofGolf and the other twosome is some guys named DevRickus and Buckjob. Needless to say by the 7th hole they were shouting obscenities at each other and Brian and I were discussing what we should do if/when it results in a physical altercation. It was very uncomfortable/hilarious for a while...

And then Buck hit one off the roof of the clubhouse and into the parking lot. Haha Yeah that was a fun day...

2013 Chicago invitational - Sgt Slaughter and ATL destroying the demo driver
2013 Las Vegas - Everything coming together perfectly after the last minute course switch. Watching Freddie shank a drive 50 yds into the desert and still make par
2014 Indy - THP invading the PGA store after the round. JB laughing at us as he destroyed the odds in his bet on fairways hit on the first hole.

I just sent him a photo of the dollar he paid out to me for that hahahaha! "No faith in THPers" indeed.

I'll post a ton in here. Great idea.

I'll start with this one:

2013 Ohio Invitational.

dcbrad and I are teammates, meeting for the first time. Two guys dropped off that morning, so we led the field as a twosome.

We finished well before everyone, and instead of grabbing a beer I convinced Brad to go get an ice cream cone at Greater's (local chain). It was a little weird, and it was probably too cold outside for ice cream, but it was well worth it. Something we still joke about today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Las Vegas - Everything coming together perfectly after the last minute course switch. Watching Freddie shank a drive 50 yds into the desert and still make par
2014 Indy - THP invading the PGA store after the round. JB laughing at us as he destroyed the odds in his bet on fairways hit on the first hole.

Dave and Busters in Indy was probably top 3 highlights for me in my THP life. The amount of fun had by grown men acting like children was off the charts.

I need a much, much larger photo of this.

The other three guys in this photo picked up the pieces of a broken man after some devastating news. I'm emotional just thinking about it and eternally grateful for that day.

Plus you get he pic of the iceyshanks goggles

I think the IL Top Golf rethought the idea of allowing drivers on their range after we were hitting the share house next door.

That driver was so awesome.

2014 Gauntlet

Saturday morning round with Greg Kulbick, jhstew, and #YOYOAJVCG and on our way to our approach to the green, the foul stench of death fills the air. Over by John and Greg lies the decaying carcass of a small deer. Just a few dozen yards away sits the gator that likely was responsible. #NewExperience

I need a much, much larger photo of this.

The other three guys in this photo picked up the pieces of a broken man after some devastating news. I'm emotional just thinking about it and eternally grateful for that day.

17EED6C1-B7B3-4E7F-ADA7-4387135F7A0A-793-00000073377182F6_zpsd845774c.jpg

077D47EF-DA4D-42E3-8515-986A26B40459-316-00000014C6D4CC07_zps91b2ea16.jpg

E20314FE-0230-43DC-BB6B-622C42544C3B-316-000000149BF59C56_zps1acd6682.jpg

F7098E31-0A0D-4023-9A2D-DC12A84AFDF3-316-00000014937DD632_zps3be44b59.jpg

537BCB80-904A-4D81-A65A-99E7A8E3A295-316-000000148295F9B9_zps95b87ddb.jpg

i-nK3PJ82-XL_zps1a4588f2-1.jpg

2013 IL Invitational

Playing a practice round with Hawk, Blu and DLeavit. In the middle of the round, we see the cart girl pull up. There was more than an awkward pause when Hawk and I didn't (read- couldn't) respond when the cute deadhead asked us if we needed anything.

Same round of golf, we have to wait on the tee box of the third hole as a fight breaks out between two foursomes of Asian golfers playing ahead of us.

2014 Gauntlet

Saturday morning round with Greg Kulbick, jhstew, and #YOYOAJVCG and on our way to our approach to the green, the foul stench of death fills the air. Over by John and Greg lies the decaying carcass of a small deer. Just a few dozen yards away sits the gator that likely was responsible. #NewExperience
Wardy smelled worse.

2013 AC: Golf4life, JB, Fireitup and me doing rather well at a blackjack table before Thainer, who everyone said was a cooler, sat down and we all instantly lost the next 8 hands before getting out of there as soon as possible.

2014: OC: the peanut gallery at the 18th green was awesome. No one was spared from ridicule, or praise.

2014 OC: Shenanigans. Epic.

2014 PGA National. The game room on the last night. Just a lot of fun hanging out and watching football.

Wardy smelled worse.
I'm guess I'm glad that I didn't experience Wardy and his odor, although I did once share an isle in a K-mart with some Amish folk. #RunAway!

2013 AC: Golf4life, JB, Fireitup and me doing rather well at a blackjack table before Thainer, who everyone said was a cooler, sat down and we all instantly lost the next 8 hands before getting out of there as soon as possible.

2014: OC: the peanut gallery at the 18th green was awesome. No one was spared from ridicule, or praise.

2014 OC: Shenanigans. Epic.

2014 PGA National. The game room on the last night. Just a lot of fun hanging out and watching football.

Watching RobWedge 5 putt in front of 30+ Thpers and everyone laughing and having a good time was awesome. I feel like you "whiffed" on putting Connecticut in there for some reason......:alien:

Watching RobWedge 5 putt in front of 30+ Thpers and everyone laughing and having a good time was awesome. I feel like you "whiffed) on putting Connecticut in there for some reason......:alien:

It should be there, but I just wrote out the whole story in the most embarrassing golf moment thread and am too traumatized to write about it again.

2014 The King - ChampionsGate

SPosey#s, Miller Time, Old Gray and I are playing singles. We are having a great time together but it is a serious match. We get to the 10th or 11th or 12th hole, can't remember which exactly, which is a long par 4. We all pause a moment on the tee box considering the hole before us, when Shane blurts out "This hole is harder than a opossum's pecker!" Took us several minutes to compose from the laughter before we could tee off.

That was a great round with those guy's. Miller Time and I were just taking about it this past weekend.

This is what happens when you tell jokes on the range while people are hitting drivers. (Cc: Howzat 2014 Morgan cup)

a0c56a9396eec9e901c34b833c7ce2ed.jpg

Thus is what happens when you're DevRickus' partner at an invitational (cc:Jman at the indy invitational)

584e0d065c9b63575d74c4ac7fac9305.jpg

Dave and Busters in Indy was probably top 3 highlights for me in my THP life. The amount of fun had by grown men acting like children was off the charts.
The most fun I've had in years!

Ron knowing how to win the wheel game for so many tickets was crazy!

The most fun I've had in years!

Ron knowing how to win the wheel game for so many tickets was crazy!
Hahaha I forgot about Rain Ron just sitting in front of the wheel winning non stop.

2014 MC -Friday Staff Sponsor Day. O'Carroll and I take a cart and follow some groups around as they try to beat the rain. We are riding in the cart and several times it just stops and quits moving. We both chalk it up to a bad battery and keep resetting it from N to F...,finally I look down as it happens again and Pete's fat calfs are the reason the switch keeps going from F to N randomly. I proceed to tell Pete to keep his calfs off the button so we can move more than 5 ft at a time.

love all the stories so far. I hoping to add a couple next week from San Diego.

Anyone else look at that picture and think how much some of us (guys only) have aged in just over two years?
All I think of when I look at that pic is that I'm awfully close to the worst end of Wardy.

Back