THP Fantasy Football Week 2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello 0-2. Im going to change my team name to "Two of your guys will have huge days against me"

Hello 0-2. Im going to change my team name to "Two of your guys will have huge days against me"

HAHA. That is what GG was yelling yesterday. She's like "Really? Fildini's guys all the sudden are Hall of Famers".

Team Texas dropping woe is me posts. Sorry I had to work you over buddy. Great draft though! Great draft!

I hear ya brother. Lost Jamaal Charles and Fred Davis put up 20 to beat me. I suck.

Same here man. Fildini's guys went off last night and I am lucky if my superstars combined made 20pts. Oh well, there is always next week.

You could have had McFadden. CJ is a bust so far and it looks like Tennessee is going to throw the ball.

You could have had McFadden. CJ is a bust so far and it looks like Tennessee is going to throw the ball.

Yes I could have but I wasn't comfortable with the trade offer and even with how CJ played I still wouldn't be. I am not about to panic just because my guys had an off week.

I cant believe I am 2-0. On paper my team is garbage but these bums are stepping up in big ways. This cant continue can it????

fistpumpin.gif

Yes I could have but I wasn't comfortable with the trade offer and even with how CJ played I still wouldn't be. I am not about to panic just because my guys had an off week.

I agree. I'm sure they'll be back with a big week.

I hear ya brother. Lost Jamaal Charles and Fred Davis put up 20 to beat me. I suck.

Woe is me post #2: If my first two weeks opponents guys ONLY put up 20 Id won easily. Try over 30. PPR leagues are awesome.

I was up 20 points and the opposing team that just lost Vick. All they had was Jeremy Maclin left. What kind of receiver has a 42 point game! Crazy. I had the Eagles D and Matt Ryan left and still tie the fantasy game! I was not happy this morning. See if I go to bed again!

I was up 20 points and the opposing team that just lost Vick. All they had was Jeremy Maclin left. What kind of receiver has a 42 point game! Crazy. I had the Eagles D and Matt Ryan left and still tie the fantasy game! I was not happy this morning. See if I go to bed again!

A receiver in a ppr league does that haha, its what happens in this format.

Woe is me post #2: If my first two weeks opponents guys ONLY put up 20 Id won easily. Try over 30. PPR leagues are awesome.

I got 27 points from tony Gonzalez. That is way too much from a receiver. This is the first PPR league I am in and more than likely the last. It is silly to have WR/TE with more points than my QB's. I got more points from Gonzalez than Brees.

It was totally unexpected by me. I thought he might come out with about 10 more points, not 20 more. Crazy. I guess I will just note this for next year. HAHA

It was totally unexpected by me. I thought he might come out with about 10 more points, not 20 more. Crazy. I guess I will just note this for next year. HAHA

Yeah but he dropped the pass when the Eagles needed it most...LOL

I am hoping Nicks has that kinda game in him tonight. Kinda doubt it with the bad knee but that is what I need to pull out a win. I am not holding my breath on this one.

I was up 41 and had Eagles D vs Maclin. We are tied now 142-142.

You also complained about TD passes being only 4 points last year instead of 6...hehe.
Based on your scoring, RBs would be so far and away more important than any other player, and in todays NFL, that is just not the case like it was 10 years ago. SHouldnt FF, somewhat mirror real football?

I got 27 points from tony Gonzalez. That is way too much from a receiver. This is the first PPR league I am in and more than likely the last. It is silly to have WR/TE with more points than my QB's. I got more points from Gonzalez than Brees.

Shouldnt every player on the team be capable of scoring big numbers and not just a select few positions?

Shouldnt every player on the team be capable of scoring big numbers and not just a select few positions?

Especially when one plays well and one plays mediocre. It also makes you take a harder look at making a better top to bottom team, rather than just going for a great QB and hoping for the best with the rest.

You also complained about TD passes being only 4 points last year instead of 6...hehe.
Based on your scoring, RBs would be so far and away more important than any other player, and in todays NFL, that is just not the case like it was 10 years ago. SHouldnt FF, somewhat mirror real football?

Absolutely. Where are the bonus points for the QB's and RB's though? Listen, I am not going to complain. I won. Just pointing out that I have never played in a league with PPR before and I do not like it. I am entitled to feel that way no?

Absolutely. Where are the bonus points for the QB's and RB's though? Listen, I am not going to complain. I won. Just pointing out that I have never played in a league with PPR before and I do not like it. I am entitled to feel that way no?

They get more touches per game, hence the reason PPR was invented. Without PPR, in the last few years, outside of the top 10 WRs the points were no where near the same level as other positions. And last time I checked, RBs catch the ball quite often. Bonuses are created to even matchups through positions.

Its the same reason that TD passes were moved to 4 as the standard, because without that, QBs become far too valuable compared to the rest of the players. And sure you are entitled to feel that way. Just as the league is entitled to disagree.

They get more touches per game, hence the reason PPR was invented. Without PPR, in the last few years, outside of the top 10 WRs the points were no where near the same level as other positions. And last time I checked, RBs catch the ball quite often. Bonuses are created to even matchups through positions.

I understand the reasoning, I have never used it and do not like it. Just stating my opinion.

I think PPR leagues are fine, you have to get used to them. It just takes some getting used to and change around of game plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back