THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down to 15.5 now

Closed out the year at 14.1, a whole point lower than last year. Hoping to continue the trend next year!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

From 10.5 to 10.8
Only one round this revision period and one of my last good rounds dropped off.

Down a tenth to 4.8

Down from 5 to 4.7

Three rounds in Florida, two of them were good enough to drop me to 9.0 for the season.

11.6 to 12.1.....hits keep coming!

Down a tenth to 11.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first post in this thread.

3.5 up from 2.8. Cold, wet and windy for the most part this past revision period. I have also recently joined a new course that plays the same yardage as my old course but is a par 70 instead of 72. That makes for longer holes on average. Also, the breaks on the greens are far more subtle and I have not figured them out yet so I am not getting the birdie production I am used to.

On the one hand, I would like to keep my level of play at around a 3 index, plus or minus .5. On the other, I wouldn't mind my handicap going up to a 6 so I can play in club tournaments from my normal tees instead of the back tees FROM which, at 68, I no longer have the length to compete. Only handicaps 6 and above get to play from the normal men's tees and there are no concessions for age. :(

Last edited:
Steady at 15.5 and the year is closed out up here. I went down from 16.4 earlier in the year and have stayed there. Lowest round of the year was an 85, high was a 102 (ouch).
I'll be doing some serious work this off season on my swing to create some consistency and control. I think if I can do that and keep my putting where it is I will be able to sniff 10-11 by mid next season with enough rounds.

Back up over the 7 mark to 7.2

Feel like I'm playing around a 10 right now though.

Down a tenth of a point to 3.7. Still a ways away from my low point after the MC in 2014.

Down to 11.8

Down from 21.8 to 19.9 with 4 mid 80s posts, which knocked off 4 mid to low 90s. My goal was to hit the teens before the end of the year and I did it. The last 3 weeks it seems like my game is coming together and I'm making more good shots than bad. Other than the occasional rain in the winter I can still get out most Sundays for the whole year so I still have a chance to get even lower in the month of December.

That is great FoF

Up from 11.8 to 12.4. So I get a partial pop from #Cookie? :act-up: I'll bring the #Vodkie bud!

JM

finally got my scorecards from the tournament i played early november and posted them. pushed me up from 8.0 to 8.3. the bump up in cap makes sense because those were the only rounds i played in november, and posting 88(13.2)/88(13.2)/81(7.5) will hurt. i don't think i'll get to play much golf over the next 6 months, either, which is really disappointing because i feel like i'm close.

Posted a decent round yesterday so trending to 11.7 for the 15th.

Went up .2 back to 5.0. Dropped off a couple of scores around par.

I shot an 81 and a 76 to drop from 9.2 down to 8.5!

down into the 7s for the first time ever with a 7.9. it feels a little deflated since i had to use usga manual 5-2b to enter scores on the last 2 holes of my round on sunday, and that's the round that dipped me below 8. i started the year at 9.5, and i hope to finish in the mid- to low 7s as long as i can keep up some decent play over the next couple weeks. i have a round scheduled this week, then i'll try to play 1 maybe 2 times before the end of the year. in all honesty, the biggest reason for my revitalized love the game and commitment to improvement is this website.

After a solid string of rounds in the 70s, down to 6.5 from 7.2. I think a solid 7 is a good number for me stay at or under, depending on how well I'm playing. If I decide to help with the golf team, I should be able to get it down to 5 by the summer.

4.7 to 4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back