THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

You know what really Grinds my Gears about New England? Roundabouts! People do not know how to drive in those multilane Roundabouts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, we screw that up here too

We have them also but we call them what they are "Circles"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Its a rotary, not a roundabout.

Google search result: "The first traffic circle in the United States used for traffic control was Columbus Circle in New York, which opened in 1905. Traffic circles are circular or elliptical islands, with a central island 300 to 600 feet wide."

Roundabouts, rotaries, circles. whatever they are, there is one thing for certain, they are terrible, especially multi lane ones. Back in the day when traffic was at a minimum they served some purpose but not anymore. NJ has many of them and I would swear that some people get stuck in them for hours because they are afraid to exit. They crapped their pants getting in it and now cant get out of it. And I've seen them with more than the 3 or 4 exit entrances. So think we are both guilty of these out-of-date dangerous things in the more populated areas of our regions.

But with that said, I still say Manhattan clam chowder :)

Don't forget...you also have NJ on your team. Not being able to turn left in half that state is the worst thing driving I've ever encountered

Oh yes, the people who don't pump their own gas. #ridiculous

Now that I've caught up on my traffic dislikes from you guys, maybe you can talk golf. Ugh between Michigan being passive aggressive and the history of the round about, I'm not if we will play golf.

Now that I've caught up on my traffic dislikes from you guys, maybe you can talk golf. Ugh between Michigan being passive aggressive and the history of the round about, I'm not if we will play golf.

Whoaaa... Talk golf on a golf forum? Thats not how the internet works :alien:

New England wins because we have The Country Club and Francis Ouimet

NE wins because of Brady, big poppi and Celts.

Side note... Mpeterson gr8dryv and I have the 8:43am tee time at Butternut Farm on Friday if anyone else would like to join for some #RegionalRivalry Prep

#TeamNE Rules!!!

Pfft. NY/NJ wins because we have Bethpage and geographically challenged football teams.

Pfft. NY/NJ wins because we have Bethpage and geographically challenged football teams.

Given the chance, any golfer that would choose Bethpage over The Country Club, is missing a few things I think :act-up:

Did I miss Captains being selected for this yet?

Way to keep it on golf topic lol. You are absolutely spot on though!

Depending upon timing of this event (ex. Spring), it could come down to off-season training and who braved the elements (or trip to the simulator) to keep the swing moving.

Let's leave the cheaters out of it. But the Celts are fair game. You won't find me defending the Knicks or Nets:alien:

so are you saying NE wins because they cheat?

edit: I see Dean beat me to this one

Talking about cheating is almost as bad as the butthurt in the other thread. #unreadable

Given the chance, any golfer that would choose Bethpage over The Country Club, is missing a few things I think :act-up:

not even a debate. Now throw in Winged Foot or Shinnecock and it's a much better discussion.

First we are talking about sports, so your first link is invalid sir. 2nd, I did not bring AROD in to this, as I said to Freddie, Let's leave the cheaters out of this.

Talking about cheating is almost as bad as the butthurt in the other thread. #unreadable

Well then let's change gears...

The #RegionalRivalry logo is pretty sweet...

Screen-Shot-2015-11-11-at-5.23.00-AM.png

not even a debate. Now throw in Winged Foot or Shinnecock and it's a much better discussion.

Where's 441? We need to get him on these course ideas...

It's funny - half the time courses are open 6 months out of the year or so and I think the region is sometimes overlooked, but there are some really great tracks up here. A lot of them are private, but there are some great daily fee courses as well. Assuming you like tight fairways and trees, that is.

Where's 441? We need to get him on these course ideas...

It's funny - half the time courses are open 6 months out of the year or so and I think the region is sometimes overlooked, but there are some really great tracks up here. A lot of them are private, but there are some great daily fee courses as well. Assuming you like tight fairways and trees, that is.

I see all

To bad it wasn't going to be played in CT, lake of Isles at Foxwoods would have been a nice choice.

Back