THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I respectfully disagree.

Yes there is a whole big world out there in THP land. I take advantage of it. I find it interesting that because of the friendships already in place that new people should have more fun elsewhere. I do enjoy THP a lot! I'm also trying to make my team so I also need to be present in this thread often and answering the questions in the way I see fit in a manner to solely make my team. If I don't, I'll be disappointed for sure but I also know I have less of a chance due to certain familiarities. And that's fine....but I have to work harder to get in the mix...no? That's the point....no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To a point yes, but I personally think if one limits themselves to just this one thread they miss out on the true value of why THP has these events. So much GOOD throughout the entire forum/community.

The friendships come over time. Events are one way they are forged. Just gotta be patient and let it come naturally

I respectfully disagree.

Yes there is a whole big world out there in THP land. I take advantage of it. I find it interesting that because of the friendships already in place that new people should have more fun elsewhere. I do enjoy THP a lot! I'm also trying to make my team so I also need to be present in this thread often and answering the questions in the way I see fit in a manner to solely make my team. If I don't, I'll be disappointed for sure but I also know I have less of a chance due to certain familiarities. And that's fine....but I have to work harder to get in the mix...no? That's the point....no?

FWIW, that is just not the case.
Every single person has the same chance of making the team as any others.
In fact, we have not said a single thing on how teams will even be formed, including to the captains.

But Im not going to argue with you. If you think its harder to "break in", while incorrect, its a mindset and one that you believe.
And no, nobody has to stay in a thread to make the team. In fact I think there are TONS of players from both areas that spend way more time throughout the forum than in this thread (including both captains)

People should enjoy THP any way they want to, as long as its with in the rules of the forum. But to answer the question posed, the answer is NO, nobody has a harder chance than any other person at applying for this or ANY other THP Event. And every THP Event we have ever had, proves it over and over again.

To a point yes, but I personally think if one limits themselves to just this one thread they miss out on the true value of why THP has these events. So much GOOD throughout the entire forum/community.

Fwiw I'm actively in about 9 different threads.....so I'm aware of what's out there and enjoying it. You can't forge a friendship over time if it's not respected and reciprocated by the others. I've talked to various others that feel similar and have left the thread. I choose to stay and be as active as I want or don't want. If it gets me in the good ol boy club, great. If not? Fine...just wanna play golf with more people than normal....

In a match I am much more likely to take the club that will keep me in play and eliminate trouble. Playing conservative for me can often keep my scores low.

So instead of Gunner long you're only jspangs long? :alien:

I think we need some Captain Rankings.

JB, I appreciate the response although not necessary. I truly appreciate you creating this wonderful fantasy land of golf but also feel you should know how newer people feel on certain things. Just keeping it real man...you'll never get any bs or brown nosing from me to get something from you. Just giving an honest and firsthand impression.

For those who haven't played a match in a THP event, what are you going to do to prepare for one?

For those who have played in THP event matches, what takeaways are you going to bring to your preparation for the event?

I'll answer the second question.

I think through all of my matches in THP events, they've all been different in ways but they've all had the same thing in common. Par is good. It took me a while to realize just how much pressure not making mistakes puts on an opponent. I used to get mad at "bad pars" but that'll never happen again
I am going to play my game that is all I can do. If tournament play has taught me anything. You need to play to your strengths. If you normally play aggressively then play aggressively and conversely if your a cautious player then play that game. I have and seen others make terrible numbers by trying to play a style they are not accustomed to.

Now that doesn't mean to take unecessary risks and throw strokes away with poor course management. However you can not play scared you have to have faith that you can hit the shot when called upon. To many low rounds or pb are killed because someone got scared and all the sudden realized they were about to go low or shot a pb.

At the end of the day have cofindence in your game, play that game, have fun, and realize you have a whole team there to support you.

I respectfully disagree.

FWiW, and I have no dog in this regional thread, I will submit this to you. THP is what you make of it. If you participate because you derive enjoyment from participating, you will develop friendships over time. If you participate to achieve some type of "inclusion" to a certain club, you will be disappointed constantly. It looks like you have been a member here for maybe 2 months. Give it some time. You have to WANT to be here. People respond to people they have been talking to and/or playing in various events for years.

Give it some time. It's a great community. Decide what you actually WANT here and then have some fun.

Just my .02 cents.

JM

Wait your right we didn't get our weekly rankings.

Captain 441 must be taking care of too many of his chores on his own.

Do you think you have the discipline to keep driver in the bag even though length is an advantage at Boulder?

I was surprised how little he used driver in our match

I support this! Although, I'm not sure much has changed since the last and hopefuls from both teams are getting together this weekend.

Lol weekly rankings based on no golf means strictly rankings based on this wonderful thread that continues to give oh so much....
Smells like another trap

Lol weekly rankings based on no golf means strictly rankings based on this wonderful thread that continues to give oh so much....
Smells like another trap

Best snowman design wins? #THPRegionalRivalry style?

Smells like another trap

You are a captain of many traits. Plus you had a call out take place. You could rank just like this.

This amazing thread.
Forum activity
Bribery actions taken
Internet Golfer Amazingness
Good looks
Greatest Sock Game
Worst 1/4 zip game
And so much more.

You are a captain of many traits. Plus you had a call out take place. You could rank just like this.

This amazing thread.
Forum activity
Bribery actions taken
Internet Golfer Amazingness
Good looks
Greatest Sock Game
Worst 1/4 zip game
And so much more.
Lets see how sim golf goes if i have to get real creative in sure i can

Smells like another trap

Don't forget there were a couple lunatics who golfed last weekend.

Smells like another trap
Pfft. Lots of golf was played last weekend. I demand that AMart plummet for motivation.

FWiW, and I have no dog in this regional thread, I will submit this to you. THP is what you make of it. If you participate because you derive enjoyment from participating, you will develop friendships over time. If you participate to achieve some type of "inclusion" to a certain club, you will be disappointed constantly. It looks like you have been a member here for maybe 2 months. Give it some time. You have to WANT to be here. People respond to people they have been talking to and/or playing in various events for years.

Give it some time. It's a great community. Decide what you actually WANT here and then have some fun.

Just my .02 cents.

JM

I appreciate the sound advice man. We shall see what happens

For those who haven't played a match in a THP event, what are you going to do to prepare for one?

For those who have played in THP event matches, what takeaways are you going to bring to your preparation for the event?

I think through all of my matches in THP events, they've all been different in ways but they've all had the same thing in common. Par is good. It took me a while to realize just how much pressure not making mistakes puts on an opponent. I used to get mad at "bad pars" but that'll never happen again

My takeaways would be short game will usually make or break a team or player. You can really demoralize an opponent if you're draining 5 footers like tap ins, and putting chip shots close enough to get up and down.

What SIM course will you gents be playing this weekend? I figured on playing tomorrow and will go with the same course.

What SIM course will you gents be playing this weekend? I figured on playing tomorrow and will go with the same course.

Good question, I have not been on Captaincaution's work simulator before so I'll let him chime in on what courses are on there.

Practice, as much as I can while remembering this is all for fun! Ive said it numerous times, the day I no longer have fun golfing is the day I am done. I golf for the enjoyment and thats what I plan on doing in RR when I make the team. Now don't misconstrue this, MI WILL come out victorious, of that I have no doubt. But while I preparing, I will be remembering its for fun. As far as the preparing goes, its been a lot of putting and chipping practice so far. Hopefully I have a chance to get some top end bag practice in soon. If not i'll have to wait for the snow to melt and then I will be playing 2-3 times per week plus my leagues. I think I will be prepared.

Good question, I have not been on Captaincaution's work simulator before so I'll let him chime in on what courses are on there.
I would suggest Waialae, since the pros are there this weekend, but we don't have that. Maybe one of the RTJ Trail courses.

Back