THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Todays Question

1. By the time we are thawed out there will be about 2 months or so to go before the event. While indoor prep is great and all and keeping the swing fresh, nothing can simulate real thing better than outdoors obviously. So with that in mind, assuming you make the team (or even if you dont) what kind of work are you going to do on your game to make sure you are playing your best golf come June?

For me it's going to simple. Work on short game and keeping the swing fresh indoors during the cold weather. As soon as that breaks and the courses are open for play, I will be hitting up all of the Ohio guys for some match play and rounds. Driving range, short game and putting will start outside to see if the prep indoors translates to outside.
Mix in a few trips to warmer climates for some golf. My game will be ready.

Todays Question

1. By the time we are thawed out there will be about 2 months or so to go before the event. While indoor prep is great and all and keeping the swing fresh, nothing can simulate real thing better than outdoors obviously. So with that in mind, assuming you make the team (or even if you dont) what kind of work are you going to do on your game to make sure you are playing your best golf come June?

After last weekends sim round, it's clear my swing did not keep its form. But as in right now I'm not to worried about my swing. I have set my weightlifting goals and I'm hoping to meet them at the end of March. Once April hits it will be in the gym less and on the golf course more. Hopefully my work schedule allows me to put in the time needed to make this team, but if not I'll have a fun weekend playing golf with THPers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todays Question

My league starts mid April so I will have about a month and a half of competitive league play under my belt by the time RR comes around. Also, I plan to stay loose by taking multiple swings a day just to keep my body tuned in and maintain a strong tempo over the rest of the snowy months. Lastly, I plan to hit the range as frequent as possible (weather permitting) to hopefully maintain my ball striking.

Todays Question

Simple answers...

Office putting
League play in early May
THPcallouts when the weather allows

Todays Question

I plan on playing a lot of Nintendo Wii Golf. JK, but seriously Wii Golf helps to swing smooth and in rhythm.

Like others, my league starts a few weeks before this event so I will be able to play some competitive rounds which will help get my game going in the right direction. I will also be hitting the range every weekend once the snow melts and once the ground is a bit softer. I have also be chipping and putting in my living room to keep the arms and hands moving and to keep the muscle memory from shutting down.

For me, i think some spring time THP Call Outs need to happen. Nothing will get me prepared quite like some good match play. Im a poor practicer (i have no clue if thats a word but i suck at practicing) and really get better when im playing more.

Todays Question

I always start the year with as many outdoor range sessions as I can. Just gotta get the contact right on turf after using mats and potentially creating bad habits. That and playing as much as possible will allow me plenty of time to prep for the event. I have no worries about being ready by the time this event rolls around.

Todays Question

Like others, I have a league starting in mid-April that is match play every week, so that is good prep. Also have 2 different tournaments I will be playing in before Rivalry takes place. Will be hitting the range/practice areas a ton along with hoping to play at least 36 holes a week. Early June is usually right around when my game starts shaping up nicely, so should be good to go. Also have my club's invitational the following week so will 100% be working my butt off.

Todays Question

Access to my course every day of the week gets the game back in check relatively quickly every year.

Beating my captain in a #THPCallOut is pretty much all it's going to take.

Access to my course every day of the week gets the game back in check relatively quickly every year.

Beating my captain in a #THPCallOut is pretty much all it's going to take.

I was with you til that 2nd line

Todays Question

I'm not too worried about it. A couple range sessions and a couple rounds and I should be in shape, unless something goes awry along the way. Also going to start working on some endurance training because I tend to wear down over the course of 36 holes.

Todays Question

Going to continue to put in sim work when possible, taking cuts and practicing putts in the basement, my league starts in late April/early May and hoping to hit a THP event prior to this. Also hoping for some weekend outings with THPers leading up to it.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Todays Question

League play starts up for me mid April. Weekly 9 hole match play. I also plan on working on short game during my lunch hour at the course right down the street. I have a couple of lessons banked as well with an instructor I saw a few weeks before TheGrandaddy; will probably take them before June.

Last edited:
I miss one simulator session (thanks work) and drop. Guess I'll have to do a little bribery to get back in mikes good graces.

League play starts up for me mid April. Weekly 9 hole match play. I also plan on working on short game during my lunch hour at the course right down the street. I have a couple of lessons banked as well with an instructor I saw a few weeks before TheGranfaddy; will probably take them before June.

Wheres ur instructor at? im in the market for a new one

Todays Question

I think for me it's acknowledging where my game took a step back last year and focusing in on that as early as possible. Bottom line, my short game 60yds and in and my chipping prevented me from going real low last season multiple times. I am now within a 3 minute drive to The Oaks driving range in Columbia station. I have not only never lived that close to a good practice facility but haven't been able to commit the time to going as often as need be. With it that close, and such a great short game practice area, I have no excuse. Regardless of whether I make it or am picked, this year will be a much much much better all round short game year than last.

Wheres ur instructor at? im in the market for a new one

Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia. About 25 minutes from us. You should give it a look if you haven't been there yet. They have a pretty decent practice facility. I really got along well with my instructor, I've heard they're all pretty good though.

I miss one simulator session (thanks work) and drop. Guess I'll have to do a little bribery to get back in mikes good graces.

I think Mike is doing it based on geographic location. Stupid Cincinnati being at the bottom of Ohio.

Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia. About 25 minutes from us. You should give it a look if you haven't been there yet. They have a pretty decent practice facility. I really got along well with my instructor, I've heard they're all pretty good though.
Who do you see there?

Being at the bottom of Ohio, sounds terrible.
Does that mean Michigan is on top of Ohio? Hmmm.

I think Mike is doing it based on geographic location. Stupid Cincinnati being at the bottom of Ohio.

Ha we both are getting hosed in a his deal. Let's have sim in cinci and when mike doesn't show we drop him in rankings.

Scott Galayde was the guy I went to. One lesson so far like what I've seen.
Awesome. He did my driver fitting this summer.

Back