THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I'm sure many of us have ridden in a cart with somebody who was not playing well and has gotten angry. I know I have and I have also been the person who was angry/frustrated. There is no right or wrong answer, I thought it might be interesting to see others responses.

Scenario...

Your 4 holes into a 9 hole match. Your partner is playing some awful golf, but you still have time to turn it around, however he has become visibly angry with himself. What do you do?

A. Keep trying to talk to him, tell him its no big deal.
B. Start drinking. Heavily.
C. Bear down and focus even more on what your doing you can't control what he does.
D. Get pissed off yourself.
E. Let him simmer and hope he turns it around.
F. Tell him he sucks and you can't wait to get a new partner at the turn.
G. Make him laugh and hope he snaps out of it, you can still turn the match around.
H. Ignore him completely and only talk with the other team.

Great real world scenario! For me personally, I would choose option G, C and A. I'm a laid back kind of guy and always joking around so I tend to use humor to diffuse tense and difficult situations if I believe it would help. If talking my partner down would work, I would do this as well (just would depend on the type of person you are teamed with). Sometimes though, you need to carry the team a little so hunkering down and focusing even harder may be the only way to go. It may even refocus your partner and light a fire under him as well!

One thing about THP events that hopefully you all get to experience is range time. Usually THPers have every spot on the range filled and all the bags are full of awesome gear and awesome custom headcovers and all the goodies that get us golf lunatics goin. It's a fun setting. Usually guys are just hitting balls to loosen up or try someone else's clubs or even getting time on Flight Scope if its present. It really is a fun relaxed setting and a great opportunity to meet those you haven't met yet
Yeas I'll 3rd that..... little range time loosen up and take the W for ohio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

For me warming up is as simple as a few 3/4 7i's then to full swing to see what my flight/miss is and to set my tempo. A few swings with whatever I'm taking off the first tee, some short wedges for touch then roll the rock a bit and check out some of the sweet putters.

Don't forget that one must chat it up with strangers like they've known each other forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it still set in stone that you have to live in Michigan or Ohio to play in this cause I want in! :alien:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Come and get you some Rock and Rye brother!

Come and get you some Rock and Rye brother!
Oh man I was thinking a out that sweet nectar from the gods the other day! Great stuff there...looks like I will be heading to Michigan at some point this year!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This weekend my cousin & I are going to play some alternate shot on the sim. Anyone have any plans of working some team atmosphere into their practice schedule. Not sure if we could get a scramble / schamble / modified pinehurst going on a sim without software tap dancing. Lots of fun to be had in the build up for this event.

Todays thoughts...

Lets talk about our sponsor True Temper. I know a lot of you did the shaft fit on their website awhile back and we all know having the right shafts in you driver can make the world of difference but I think most people often neglect their irons and just take whatever the stock offering in most cases. You use your irons more than your driver, and you have more of them, why is this?

Do you have any True Temper products in your equipment now? If so, were you fit for them or were they just what came in them?

The only True Temper product I currently have in play is S300's in my wedges because thats just what they came with and they actually don't match my regular iron shafts. The DG Spinner intrigues me as I have never tried a true wedge shaft.

I do not have any true temper shafts, but recognize that they are the leading iron shaft on tour.
I wouldn't mind trying some of their offerings!

While I do not have any now, I know in the past Ive had their shafts in Driver/Irons/Wedges at one point or another.

And Ive hit the XP series, big fan of those!

Todays thoughts...

Lets talk about our sponsor True Temper. I know a lot of you did the shaft fit on their website awhile back and we all know having the right shafts in you driver can make the world of difference but I think most people often neglect their irons and just take whatever the stock offering in most cases. You use your irons more than your driver, and you have more of them, why is this?

Do you have any True Temper products in your equipment now? If so, were you fit for them or were they just what came in them?

The only True Temper product I currently have in play is S300's in my wedges because thats just what they came with and they actually don't match my regular iron shafts. The DG Spinner intrigues me as I have never tried a true wedge shaft.

I have 12 out of 14 clubs with True Temper/Project X. I have the DG pro S300's in my bridgestones, which yes, they are the stock offering, but I tried the exact clubs at multiple THP events and they always performed brilliantly when I did. So not technically fit, but why mess with what's working? I've been more consistent and more accurate with this set up by far than I have ever been. I have DG S300's in my wedges now, but I would like to get a DG pro PW shaft in my 50* to match my irons...I just have to find where to get one haha.

Todays thoughts...

The only True Temper product I currently have in play is S300's in my wedges because that's just what they came with and they actually don't match my regular iron shafts. The DG Spinner intrigues me as I have never tried a true wedge shaft.

Capt'n, I was fit into the new True Temper DG AMT S300 shafts when I got my new irons. I am replacing my wedges this spring and will be keeping the set consistent with DG S300 wedge shafts. On to driver... I have a Project X Handcrafted LZ60 that I absolutely LOVE. I wasn't actually "fit" for this shaft, but it has worked really well for my game and I like the flight, feel, and numbers I get when I have the chance to review them on a sim! I would love to try a 6.5 version though...

While I do not have any now, I know in the past Ive had their shafts in Driver/Irons/Wedges at one point or another.

And Ive hit the XP series, big fan of those!

The XP series is something that I'd really like to try and see how they compare.

I have gamed S300's in the past as well as the Project X's. But not gaming any TT at the moment. I know that a lot of tour guys play them.

If Project X counts, i have 10/13 of the clubs in my bag with TT shafts. If not, just my wedges have them. I was fit to the Project X 6.0 into my irons, Project X LZ Pro 6.5 in my hybrid and the True Temper S300 in my wedges.

I do not have any TT shafts in my current clubs. I've hit a ton of them and was fit into s300 at one point just never made the club purchase. I have hit almost all of there iron line though and have always like the feel with good results.

The DG spinner shaft I had sometime with in the j15 wedge I demoed but my swing was garbage so I didn't get a good feel on anything more than 20yds and in.

If Project X counts, i have 10/13 of the clubs in my bag with TT shafts. If not, just my wedges have them. I was fit to the Project X 6.0 into my irons, Project X LZ Pro 6.5 in my hybrid and the True Temper S300 in my wedges.

Man I hope the PX's count. Love me some PX 6.0's.

Todays thoughts...

Like you the only True Temper product I have is in my wedges. Have tried a lot of their products, and really like the XP 95s as I prefer lightweight steel shafts. Could easily put them into my irons and be happy.

Todays thoughts...

I currently have no True Temper products in my bag. Though I have played many of them, they never seem to stay in the bag. Not for any real reason. I used to be a club hoe, that would buy anything that looked good, but I've changed my ways and have been playing the same irons/wedges/putter since 2013 and only make minimal changes to the woods. I replaced my amp 4w from 2011/2012 last season but it still finds its way back to the bag occasionally. So with that said there have been I've found what works and haven't had a need to change it.

All of my shafts in my three sets of irons are True Temper. I was fit for these a few years ago.

I have various offerings ranging from x100 to x300 and the DG Pro in my J15's.

All of my shafts in my three sets of irons are True Temper. I was fit for these a few years ago.

I have various offerings ranging from x100 to x300 and the DG Pro in my J15's.

X300... Ouch. My heads hurt thinking about those.

X300... Ouch. My heads hurt thinking about those.

Definitely wasn't fit into those, however I hit those very well. Speaking of which I may need to throw them in the bag for another date on the course.

I'm pretty committed to the true temper and project x in my gamer setup.

S300/x100 is basically my ideal design. If they can put together a graphite iron shaft that plays similar to that, I'll be living right.

Definitely wasn't fit into those, however I hit those very well. Speaking of which I may need to throw them in the bag for another date on the course.

That's crazy, but in a good way. I have a buddy that got fit into Titleist MBs w/ steelfibers 125X. I hit them twice and had to hand them back, as the killed my hands.

Back