THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Moving right along.....I think a great spot for one of these rivalry events sometime would be Maumee Bay. Not a whole hell of a lot else around there but it does have a lodge....and a bar....and isn't that far from Toledo. Just a thought toward the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Moving right along.....I think a great spot for one of these rivalry events sometime would be Maumee Bay. Not a whole hell of a lot else around there but it does have a lodge....and a bar....and isn't that far from Toledo. Just a thought toward the future

I'll say this. Trust 441, JB and THP. You'll never play a course that you'll say "ehh.... That was ok". The best courses I've ever played happened in THP events. Just sit back and enjoy the ride brother

The cities of Toledo (31k) Cleveland (23k) and Parma (16k) have some of the largest amount of polish immigrants in the US.

Ever heard of Parma pierogies? Or Polish Village.

You loose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Polish-American_populations

You do realize the link you used showed more Polish people in Michigan right?

And you act like we don't have those things here. For some reason I always get drug to Polish festival.

You do realize the link you used showed more Polish people in Michigan right?

And you act like we don't have those things here. For some reason I always get drug to Polish festival.

You always get drugged at the polish festival? Weird....

You always get drugged at the polish festival? Weird....

Haha Ohio reading abilities at its finest here.

If youre waiting for an argument, you'll be waiting a while. A place you can play only 6 months a year can't qualify. No matter how good the golf is.

And I've played the Hideaway, so I know where the best golf is.

Ah the Hideaway was something else. Best golf course I've played, not even close.

JB please see Sokolowski's Inn for Cleveland, Ohio's most celebrated Polish fare.

It's damn good grub, and that's coming from a vegetarian.

I came in and read 441 rankings, came back and caught up from that... I have no idea what's going on

Other than CJ thinks best courses are in Michigan cue the Warm vs cold debate

Population of Poland in the Midwest?

Chili and other Midwest delicacies

Regional Rivalry!

Hey 441 I had to sort through the above but what were you saying about picks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an ok course.

Anyone want to play Big Met with me tomorrow? Need to make up for the 24 I took on a single hole

I'd like to add that if you have never played Boulder before and end up playing the rivalry....if you are from Ohio you should definitely get around or two in. If you are from Michigan, just show up the day of. You will be fine.... #hillycourse #blindspots

I am going to try and find a digital slope meter and map the greens for the official Ohio eyes only yardage book. Might take a few rounds unless they let me walk it behind the last group that starts for the day.

I came in and read 441 rankings, came back and caught up from that... I have no idea what's going on

Population of Poland in the Midwest?

Chili and other Midwest delicacies

Regional Rivalry!

Hey 441 I had to sort through the above but what were you saying about picks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No idea alex im so lost now

OK, I admit I do not always convey my thoughts well in the spoken word, or through the keyboard.
Let me clarify my thoughts.

I think anyone would agree to say that one state or area has all the best courses would be asinine. And that is NOT what I was getting at.
What I WAS trying to say, is that in my opinion that the quality of golf in northern Michigan is VERY,VERY,VERY good.
Given the close proximity (Yes, once you get there...) to one another.
Sure, those courses are usually only open from April-October, but that's another topic for another time ( and 441 hates weather talk).

BAR NONE the Hideaway courses are THE ABSOLUTE BEST courses I've ever set foot on, let alone played. (And I have been to Augusta National).

Boulder Creek I am POSITIVE will be an OUTSTANDING venue, and will serve this event well.

I am a #TeamMichigan hopeful, and can't wait to see what is involved in entering, as well as the remaining details of this event.

I am wondering how many people will still post in the thread once teams are set. Will you fade away? Will you remain active here? Will you help your states team prepare?
Will the butthurt from not being selected leave a bad taste in your mouth?

So much fun still to come in here!

That, and the CJ & JB no veggie tour in search of "Michigan Food"

I hope people stay around. As we said we will base 2017 events partly on what happens there.

And the food tour must take place. I can see it now. "I'll have the meat, and I want the side item to be meat".

I hope people stay around. As we said we will base 2017 events partly on what happens there.

And the food tour must take place. I can see it now. "I'll have the meat, and I want the side item to be meat".

Brazilian Steak House = Heaven

Anytime you want to go on a food tour in Cleveland let me know. Lots of new places popping up in Cleveland and both East and West suburbs

Any truth to the rumor that one of the Michigan THPers said that Brazilian Steak House is a Michigan thing? :D

The finest in the world are only found in Michigan.
northern Michigan to be exact.

Food rivalry between states? And who has the best courses??? This is getting deep. Do they make high water golf pants? Looks like I need to roll them up cuz they aren't high enough.

Can't wait till the filling of the teams begin. Gonna be an epic battle, for the first few holes anyway. Michigan team won't have the stamina to compete after hole 3.

Hey Team Michigan hopefuls...if you fellas aren't up for golf you could always have a picnic here and eat your coney's.

d4eb8839e3733f68a750fc447e994df1.jpg

Wild Water Kingdom awaits.

I have zero clue what happened in this thread last night.......... Whatevs

I wanna play golf and beat #teamMichigan #eatsyellowsnow

Back