THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Haha I told her we had to wait till after june. Plus we have to wait till school is over for the year.

Mikedean445 has a great summertime sound to it

That is very true. If you like odd numbers with no meaning.
Well in this case it will have a HOF meaning.

I will go back to my rum.

4 month golf season, sounds awesome.

#alienface

And 3 of those months you'd need a parka right? We all know Floridians can't handle temps under 70 too well...

I'm glad this is in Ohio. Sounds like if it was in Michigan it would be impossible to pick a host course

And 3 of those months you'd need a parka right? We all know Floridians can't handle temps under 70 too well...

Hysterical as every Michigander looked like they were going to melt in temps over 80 degrees in FL and California.
Other than Captain Tox, who is getting accustomed since he will be living in FL soon.

There are a lot of things states can brag about, Michigan bragging about the weather might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Mikedean445 has a great summertime sound to it

All those badges are beginning to make you look like a nascar driver lol, I'll rent you space on mine.

Hysterical as every Michigander looked like they were going to melt in temps over 80 degrees in FL and California.
Other than Captain Tox, who is getting accustomed since he will be living in FL soon.

There are a lot of things states can brag about, Michigan bragging about the weather might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Our summers are splendid!...

I did OK in heat, Besides the furnace that was Pittsburgh...

Normal people do melt in the heat. Floridians are full of lizard blood though, therein lies the difference.

Having nearly died from heat stroke in 2001 (not a joke), I will choose cold over hot every single time.

Someone send me a note when this turns back into a golf thread

I cant help, I have lizard blood evidently.
Apparently Michigan has the best weather, and yet clogging up my roads are ****ing Michigan plates every other car. Guess what you are not seeing in Michigan right now...A bunch of FL license plates.

And while I am at it, get the damn Ohioans out of here too. The pastiness is blinding. With how glorious these places are, you would expect people to never leave and come to FL, AZ and CA for vacation.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Thanks to THP, I have played all over this great nation. And I still say that the best collection of golf is found in Northern Michigan.
Some real gems, just hard to get to (and that's not necessarily a bad thing)

Ok...I read this about 2 minutes ago and finally stopped laughing to gather my thoughts for a reply here.

I don't deny Michigan having some fine courses. But, the best in the country based on being grouped together? All of this coming from a guy with "Michigan" in his profile name. I'm a homer by definition to Ohio and I wouldn't say that about our courses....and we have some pretty fine courses too. Please remove the thumb of your UM mitten from you mouth and get with the program man. I've played a lot of golf up there and have family strewn across ye old mitten...its top 25....but no higher than 15 at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's talk...
I like Mike.
Even though Mike hates Michigan.
For this event, I'm good with that.

Mike, how close do you believe this event will be?
Will it be a huge upset when PhillyV gets moved up the rankings?
Do you expect your rankings to be considered for the THP selections?
How many times have you played Boulder? And do you consider it to be an advantage?

Let's talk.

Ok...I read this about 2 minutes ago and finally stopped laughing to gather my thoughts for a reply here.

I don't deny Michigan having some fine courses. But, the best in the country based on being grouped together? All of this coming from a guy with "Michigan" in his profile name. I'm a homer by definition to Ohio and I wouldn't say that about our courses....and we have some pretty fine courses too. Please remove the thumb of your UM mitten from you mouth and get with the program man. I've played a lot of golf up there and have family strewn across ye old mitten...its top 25....but no higher than 15 at best.

I do not believe you know me.
But to say michigan isn't a top golf state is well...
laughable.

I can't wait to shake your hand, maybe even buy you a drink.

Top 15 at best is crazy talk.

Let's talk...
I like Mike.
Even though Mike hates Michigan.
For this event, I'm good with that.

Mike, how close do you believe this event will be?
Will it be a huge upset when PhillyV gets moved up the rankings?
Do you expect your rankings to be considered for the THP selections?
How many times have you played Boulder? And do you consider it to be an advantage?

Let's talk.

Now were talking.
Not sure how many points are on the line but i guess it will probably be close like 4 to 5 points difference gets the win.

The rankings at this point in time is without a doubt playing a huge role into the selections for me as captain. No clue how thp is picking people.

I played boulder this year for the first time a few months back and got to play it twice. Neck was bugging me big time so not my best swings bit got a nice lay of the land. I think for anyone that plays in early there is an advantage (and probably holds true for most events) as you can pick up a few what not to dos along the way.
To what extent the advantage is...thats hars to say. It still comes down to golf shots ya know.. and the team aspect will obviously play a huge roll before and during the event

I do not believe you know me.
But to say michigan isn't a top golf state is well...
laughable.

I can't wait to shake your hand, maybe even buy you a drink.

Depends how you view it.
I wouldnt put it in the same class as CA, SC, AZ, HI or FL. Its below OR and WA too. I would say NC too. Then you bring in MI, CO and a few others.
It loses notches because its a half year golf season (like most in the north).
Top 10 I would say, being closer to the bottom half of that.
Still respectable.

Depends how you view it.

Perspective is huge.
A lot of great golf throughout the country, with fine examples everywhere without a doubt.

In clarification, the northern Michigan inclusion from me is a way of saying some spectacular golf is grouped together very closely.
And without the extreme heat, and some other weather factors, the conditions are usually very very good!

I have friends on both sides, can't wait to see who makes the teams!

Depends how you view it.
I wouldnt put it in the same class as CA, SC, AZ, HI or FL. Its below OR and WA too. I would say NC too. Then you bring in MI, CO and a few others.
It loses notches because its a half year golf season (like most in the north).
Top 10 I would say, being closer to the bottom half of that.
Still respectable.

Honest question. How full are the FL and AZ courses in the May-Aug timeframe? Everyone will readily admit that from September-April the conditions are excellent for golf. But at some point it gets too hot and humid (at least in FL) to play all the time. You may not have closed courses like we do, but can you tell me there is not a drop off of some kind due to extreme heat?

So ya about the event. Pretty pumped to have True Temper as a sponsor for this event and who doesn't want that red carpet treatment? I know I do

Honest question. How full are the FL and AZ courses in the May-Aug timeframe? Everyone will readily admit that from September-April the conditions are excellent for golf. But at some point it gets too hot and humid (at least in FL) to play all the time. You may not have closed courses like we do, but can you tell me there is not a drop off of some kind due to extreme heat?

It's subjective, just like anything.
There is great golf everywhere...
I'm sure there are people who will golf in whatever weather in those locales, just as there is here.

I'd like to add that if you have never played Boulder before and end up playing the rivalry....if you are from Ohio you should definitely get around or two in. If you are from Michigan, just show up the day of. You will be fine.... #hillycourse #blindspots

I'm not sure how we're doing rankings, but I'll chime in that golf in MI is top 10, easily, from a design and top 100 courses in the US perspective. So is Ohio for that matter. Both of them have a better collection of courses than SC, WA, FL, AZ and CO.

But if we're just talking vacation places with ideal weather most of the year and a good amount of resorts, I guess the warmer places can be considered better from that angle. But as far as quality of courses, both states are very high up there and surpass many.

Pssh, rise in temperature and humidity means discounted tee time and a quicker round.

Back