THPers unite for bag loyalty?

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
Ive been thinking alot about my bag (when dont we). I have been an active THP member since the end of this past summer. Im really really impressed by how well some companies treat THPers at different events. I always follow threads of the events and think "wow I cant believe how great they were to fellow THPers, next time I buy clubs im gonna look at that company more closely". Which leads me to my questions. Why dont we support the companies that support us? Im sorry if leave anyone out but it seems to me some of the most THP friendly companies are (not in any order) 1. Callaway 2. Bridgestone 3. Wilson Staff 4. Cobra 5. Seemore 6. KBS 7. Lamkin. I for one feel compelled to work these companies in as the only companies in my bag. How does everyone else feel about this?

What makes you think THP and its members don't support these companies?

I see the complete opposite to what you claim. I see a lot of support and brand loyalty to these companies.

And it's ok for those that don't have all their clubs from these OEM's. We are thousands of members. It's expected to cover all the OEM's. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh im not saying there is no loyalty I see alot of Callaway Loyalty for sure. Im just I guess "raising awareness" because even tho I love my Pings I would rather support a company that supports us. And im sure that their are alot of ppl like me who were ignorant to that.

But we DO use and truly APPRECIATE these companies. I personally use what works best for me. And if you look at my signature I DO support all the companies that support THP. But for me personally I will say whether they support THP or not if they work for me I will use them. And that is part of what is so great about THP, we realize that what works for some doesn't work for all. And mind you this is just my .02 cents. But if you look at the majority we do support the companies that support us!

And I will say this, Every company that now supports THP didn't always, but OUR love for the companies has brought many of them to support us. SO if we don't use companies that might not be now sponsors of THP how would we ever expand out sponsors??????

Last edited:
I like all the companies that support THP. They're all awesome. Their support has made a lot of homers here.

Researching SeeMores is what brought me here to stay. They are the only putter grand I own and I have 8 of them. Prior to becoming active on THP the summer before last, Callaway clubs were honestly never a consideration for me. Placed and order directly with Callaway 1.5 months ago to fill the top end of my bag. Part of the consideration with going with Callaway was the tremendous support they afford THP.

I think everyone supports these great companies in a variety of ways. Bag loyalty isn't only with clubs, shafts, grips or golf balls, but also how THPers support these OEM's with apparel, shoes & accessories along with a constant social media interaction showing our appreciation.

In the end I think these guys know that marketing to such a knowledgable group will gain them a lot of recognition & exposure. Throw in the unique way JB & GG are constantly evolving to get more golfers involved & you have a great platform for these companies.

JB and GolferGal really have built great relationships with the folks making the equipment, and that's brought a lot of great information and opportunities for THPers.

Outside of those you mentioned, Cleveland/Srixon had the 545/745 line in the hands of a number of people months before they'd be released stateside, and Alex from Cleveland was active in the thread giving people info on the clubs. TM had the RSI 1 in the hands of 8 guys here to test even before people had heard of the club. Ping has done forum testing for the last two iterations of the i series irons as well. UST is going to be having what I'm sure is an amazing event centered on shafts down in TX. So I think you're seeing the kind of loyalty you're talking about, it's just that the number of companies is larger.

I'm definitely grateful to the many companies that support THP and I certainly take that into account when buying golfing gear. I will choose whichever club works best for me in the end.

Fortunately, it seems like the companies in my bag are big supporters of THP so that's icing on the cake!

What about taylormade? They just gave a bunch of THPers RSi2 irons. They were apart of two big events last year. Gave a lot of equipment away. ping gave a lot of i25s and s55 irons to THPers last year.

They all are involved, some just differently than others.

All of the Major equipment players support or utilize THP in some way. A loyalty to a brand based on THP interaction is the residual effect of their interactions with THP'ers. SeeMore is a great example. The amount of SeeMorians (their word not mine) here is pretty damn impressive. Quality product, exceptional customer service, and and they interact with is here. So many of us feel like we have a friend in SeeMore. Same with Callaway, Same with Bridgestone and a few others. People are willing to lean towards a company that makes them feel good about the buying experience. Much of the things we appreciate because of THP is because of JB and GG. They plant the seeds with these OEM's. Do a lot of care and feeding to the relationship. But there is a lot to be said with how each of us takes care of those relationships on a regular basis. Read the testing, review, and Spotlight threads. Give feedback. These companies wasn't that from all of us. Sorry went off on a pretty long tangent.

Everyone here makes great points and I agree with all of them. In my short time ~6 mos with THP I have see tremendous support for pretty much every OEM out there including some most people not on here have never heard of.

Many of the members here plays what works for them including myself, which is what makes THP so great. We have insight from many different types of golfers and are able to get information in helping with decisions on which way to go. Just look at the signatures of members and see the variety in their bags

Like Sox Fan I came here when i saw reviews on some OEMs i was looking at and have stayed because there was information on others i never would have considered.

JB and GG do an awesome job with building the necessary relationships with the OEMs and they have shown tremendous support back. There is no other golf forum i would rather be a member of than this awesome family right here.

I know that I sure do favor the companies that sponsor THP events and did before I became a member for the most part. I just wish that I was close enough to make a shot at going to the UST event in Texas , I think it will be very special.

I respect all the companies the support THP, they really go above and beyond for all of us with no favoritism toward handicap or abilities. In the end though I play what I feel works best for me and which gear I feel comfortable hitting. I'm thankful for all the companies.

Last edited:
I think everyone here has pretty much nailed it. Nearly every OEM has in some way, shape, or form, been supportive of THP and the members have done the same in return. A lot of it boils down to individual preference - sure I may have a bias toward some manufacturers (just like others do as well) but in the end I'm going to play what fits my game and my budget. And with that criteria, I have plenty of choices, all of whom have had direct interaction with THP and it's members.

Good stuff all around.

Ive been thinking alot about my bag (when dont we). I have been an active THP member since the end of this past summer. Im really really impressed by how well some companies treat THPers at different events. I always follow threads of the events and think "wow I cant believe how great they were to fellow THPers, next time I buy clubs im gonna look at that company more closely". Which leads me to my questions. Why dont we support the companies that support us? Im sorry if leave anyone out but it seems to me some of the most THP friendly companies are (not in any order) 1. Callaway 2. Bridgestone 3. Wilson Staff 4. Cobra 5. Seemore 6. KBS 7. Lamkin. I for one feel compelled to work these companies in as the only companies in my bag. How does everyone else feel about this?
TaylorMade and Cleveland also have a history of supporting THP. And there are other companies as well I'm probably forgetting.

I take it all into account but I go with what works for me! I understand a lot of these companies are great with THP but the most useful thing you can do it read the reviews and get fit. What works works

It's the power of impartial marketing. You see people talk about these clubs on the forum. So for instance, there was a TON of buzz about the new Wilson Staff Driver following the Wilson event this past Fall. But Wilson didn't have to do the marketing directly to us on the forum. They let forum users write about the clubs. Then, other forum users read those reviews, and naturally trust them. After all, the person writing about the club isn't being paid to write about it. As a result, many of us gravitate towards companies that let the 'average golfer' test out their product because we trust what was written about those products by other THPers.

But I want to add, Taylormade gives a large quantity of products for THPers to test. Sometimes through forum testing, and at least once through a specific Taylormade event (was that last year or the year before?). And I think Titleist has become a bit more involved than they were 5 years ago with THP. And don't forget Cleveland/Srixon, who was part of the last couple of years of the Morgan Cup.

EDIT: One other thought. When speaking of how well a company treats the THPers, I have a sneaky suspicion they treat everyone the same. It's just that THP is great enough to give us a shot at access to that kind of direct contact with the golf companies.

~Rock

There are tons of brands that support THP in all different ways and the list in the original post is just a few of the companies. I wouldn't play anything that doesn't fit my game just because those brands give a lot of support to THP. However, I will say that THP and their exposure to these companies is the reason why I am going to have a Cobra driver in my bag for the first time, considering Callaway irons for the first time, playing Bridgestone golf balls, and taking the time to make sure I am swinging the right shaft. I wouldn't say that I am doing all this because the companies are supporting THP, but I will say that I am doing this because THP gives us product knowledge and an inside look at these companies in a way that I would never get to see without their support.

I believe, as a group, we support the THP friendly companies very well. But we are all different in how we support each of them.
At this moment, I have in my bag, Callaway driver, TM 3w, Adams hybrid, Nike irons, Callaway wedges, and a Seemore putter. I have Scor wedges, Bridgestone irons, Ping,Taylormade, and an Adams drivers sitting at the house.
All these companies have interacted with THP in some way and I, like many, have sought out their products.

What's the definition of 'support'?

Gives free stuff to forum members?
Advertises on the site?
Talks on the forum?
Sponsors an event?
Responds to your tweets?
Provides products for review?
Used to do one or all of these things?
Might do one or all of these things in the near future?

You'd be hard pressed to find a major company that doesn't fit at least one of those bullets. Others, especially smaller companies, may not have the resources to participate or may just have a different marketing angle.

It's the power of impartial marketing. You see people talk about these clubs on the forum. So for instance, there was a TON of buzz about the new Wilson Staff Driver following the Wilson event this past Fall. But Wilson didn't have to do the marketing directly to us on the forum. They let forum users write about the clubs. Then, other forum users read those reviews, and naturally trust them. After all, the person writing about the club isn't being paid to write about it. As a result, many of us gravitate towards companies that let the 'average golfer' test out their product because we trust what was written about those products by other THPers.

But I want to add, Taylormade gives a large quantity of products for THPers to test. Sometimes through forum testing, and at least once through a specific Taylormade event (was that last year or the year before?). And I think Titleist has become a bit more involved than they were 5 years ago with THP. And don't forget Cleveland/Srixon, who was part of the last couple of years of the Morgan Cup.

EDIT: One other thought. When speaking of how well a company treats the THPers, I have a sneaky suspicion they treat everyone the same. It's just that THP is great enough to give us a shot at access to that kind of direct contact with the golf companies.

~Rock

Well, there are very few companies that don't do reviews. Some do forum reviews, but the home page reviews are written by average golfers that are on the forum. The decision to drop or not drop eight sets to people that may or may not actually write about the product they get in the mail doesn't really matter to me.

I personally think you should play what works for you game. With that said I have no doubt ALL the equipment companies love exposure and will do their best to bring THP'ers support and a good relationship.

Back