Tiger and Nike Part Ways

He has enough fans that the TW line probably would have done pretty well as just a lifestyle brand.
That’s what I would think. Going to be interesting to see if he continues on his own without the support of Nike or another brand partners up with him. It’s gotta be too much money to walk away from completely.

It seems odd Nike would be ditching golf because it seems like they did well there but other brands have been gaining popularity

Interesting that they are making a comeback in the golf shoe game with their classic sneaker silhouettes with next to no endorsement support. It's also interesting that a lot of up and coming streetwear type golf brands are going backward in fabrics so maybe Nike apparel was due for a comeback. The world will never know.

More importantly, will Nike continue making Jordan golf shoes if they are getting out of the golf business?

Thinking back I don't know that I ever owned a Nike golf shirt. I had a few shoes and some pants, but their shirts never did anything for me really.

Tiger in Joggers and Mid-Calf Pants... coming nowhere

More importantly, will Nike continue making Jordan golf shoes if they are getting out of the golf business?
@Bus is trying to talk me into some J's right now.

He's not making any head room, but he's trying!

End of an era. Never thought I would see this happen.

End of an era. Never thought I would see this happen.
Agreed. Tiger was Nike for golf. The next chapter will be interesting for sure.

You get outa here!

I am curious on what's next - just because I'm curious not because I'm looking for more stuff to buy.
The resurgence of plaid bell bottoms? Skyfisters everywhere would rejoice.

pants.jpg

Wow. Now what for Tiger and for Nike?

Wow. Now what for Tiger and for Nike?
Not sure about Tiger, he could seemingly have his pick of anything, I would imagine.

Nike, just seems like they are done with the golf segment.

A little surprised it’s not a bigger deal.

Turbulators for the hips. This makes total sense.
You could sell this idea to Ping. Let them know it will increase MOI too.

Not sure about Tiger, he could seemingly have his pick of anything, I would imagine.

Nike, just seems like they are done with the golf segment.

If Nike is done with golf I wonder what happens with: Scheffler, Brooks, Fleetwood, Finau etc.
They do still have a few notable names on the books.

He can literally pick anywhere to go. Maybe make his own brand? He brings such a boost to the golf industry that he will make a huge impact on sales immediately. Personally, I think he stays away from Greyson to let Charlie pave his own path. Let the speculation continue!

I like their Jordan golf shoes, other than that Nike has not made any golf apparel that appeals to me in the last decade.

Back