Tiger and Nike Part Ways

Interested to know what Phil Knight thinks. In his biography he singles out Tiger as one of his very close friends and one he would stand by no matter what.

Not sure about Tiger, he could seemingly have his pick of anything, I would imagine.

Nike, just seems like they are done with the golf segment.
Which is wild because they have done so many recent collabs and drops for golf. Travis Scott, Jordan and Malbon, Jordan and Eastside golf, airmax, Jordan 1, 6, and 12 golf shoes, and so on. Maybe they feel that is their way forward and not with tiger?

Any rumors where he is going?

My guess is that he goes to Adidas.

Glad to see it. I’d like a TW shirt or 2 but haven’t bought anything Nike in a few years!!

More importantly, will Nike continue making Jordan golf shoes if they are getting out of the golf business?

Jordan pretty much stayed an icon, why couldn’t Woods? 🤔

(No pleats of course)

I almost wonder - they still have a number of players signed correct? I'd let it play out - I wonder if Tiger (having been mostly away for a few years already) really moved the needle on Nike stuff. Other than his logoed stuff and the line of shoes. I think they can stay quietly like a million other brands in proshops and big box stores. maybe not slacks but shoes, shirts, hats, socks.

My guess is that Tiger starts his own TW brand of clothing / shoes instead of jumping on board with another massive brand. Just my 2c

If Nike is done with golf I wonder what happens with: Scheffler, Brooks, Fleetwood, Finau etc.
Agreed - I think they stick around and see how things play out - Other than TW branded stuff I don't see any reason for them to leave. Most of it low cost stuff with hi mark up - so they don't need to leave.

There needs to be a THP experience where you have to dress like a 90s golfer. Parachute pants, oversized shirt, etc...
I don't think Malbon is a THP sponsor.

My guess is that Tiger starts his own TW brand of clothing / shoes instead of jumping on board with another massive brand. Just my 2c
If there aren't legal/contractual reasons with Nike that prevent him from doing it, I'd think that's inevitable.

Maybe - unlikely, but maybe, Tiger goes his own way with backing from NIke - a subsidiary of sorts - not Jordan, not TW, his own brand, his designers, plant(s) etc. The tie to Nike is still based on turning a profit and they both share the risk.

Wonder if Nike is going to drop apparel all together? And concentrate on just shoes?

To fuel the “Tiger Woods starts his own brand” fire, he owns the trademark on TW logo that was used for his Nike line.

1aedc081188873a66796be4070d3d847.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is cutting onions?!?! End of an era

Show me Tiger in throwback apparel. Baggy pants, rope hat. Lets go!

Would bet announcement comes at PGA Show shortly

Whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to know what Phil Knight thinks. In his biography he singles out Tiger as one of his very close friends and one he would stand by no matter what.
This is a simple lesson in this a business decision nothing personal. I am thinking this mutual parting of the ways on very good terms

Wonder if Nike is going to drop apparel all together? And concentrate on just shoes?
We’ll know when the next contract is up. The TW stuff was unique, where Koepka, Rory etc. wear the generic stuff. With Day and now Tiger not renewing, the writing appears to be in the wall. One more brick will confirm.

ROLL EM BACK
Can we also have , the upturned hem on the leg of the pants ….. which was useful for collecting crap as you walked lol ….

Back