Tiger Woods Short Game Woes

He has more woes than just the short game.........

Must suck looking at the list of players this week and seeing yourself dead last being what he once was.

he just hopped on his private jet back to head to his house in Jupiter, FL I doubt he is looking at any leader boards.

He will be at the Medalist bright & early tomorrow beating balls

That would take humility on his part. I've spoken to several teachers on the issue and we all feel the same. Even Foley feels he needs to get back to just learning to play.

I'd give him a wedge and 10 shots and we would play closet to the hole or up and down. Tell jokes and laugh. Then I'd take him on the course with some good gamblers and let him play for dollars. Bring the fun back. I know GP touched yoy with your talk so im sorry if I offended you.

I completely agree. Help him remember that he's "Tiger F-in Woods" and used to be one of, if not the most, creative wedge player ever. I can't remember the last time we've seen that sh*t-eating grin he has when he pulls off a shot no one else can do.

So have him throw down some money, throw balls into the craziest short game spots imaginable, and let his creative mind take over. Once he starts talking sh*t, and winning money, his brain will get out of the way and his body will remember how to be a short-game master once again.

And that's the discussion to be had. Why is Tiger so polarizing.

Forget the small talk about his chipping and pitching.
I think if the Internet and message boards were as popular back in the day when Duval was #1 in the world you would of seen similar posts about him.

It is almot like Tiger has the Chipping Yipps totally mental

There's golf and tournament golf. Perhaps he needs more time? Like one healthy uninterrupted season. I don't know but I think he has become his worst enemy. He's probably more intimidated to play in these tournaments and not embarrass himself, than players are of him these days.

Like anything else, I would tell people that just pump the brakes and let the guy figure out what he's doing.

If I asked anyone to change what they are doing in their short or long game, they would be a train wreck of swing thoughts before they even took it back. If you don't think you're in that boat, change your grip two knuckles each way and see how long it takes you to adjust.

In his case, he's going from leading edge chipping and pitching (let's not ask why that was considered a good idea) to utilizing the bounce of the wedge around the green like how he used to way before Foley. Personally, I'm not sure why he ever went away from that and how he couldn't go back to that very easily, but what do I know?

Like anything else, I would tell people that just pump the brakes and let the guy figure out what he's doing.

If I asked anyone to change what they are doing in their short or long game, they would be a train wreck of swing thoughts before they even took it back. If you don't think you're in that boat, change your grip two knuckles each way and see how long it takes you to adjust.

In his case, he's going from leading edge chipping and pitching (let's not ask why that was considered a good idea) to utilizing the bounce of the wedge around the green like how he used to way before Foley. Personally, I'm not sure why he ever went away from that and how he couldn't go back to that very easily, but what do I know?
What if I told you I just put a new J15 off the floor wedge in my bag. No specs, no bend, no nothing. And I told you I got up and down through two rounds better than 80% of the time.

I have the same skin color as TW and that's about it. Why does the best in the world struggle but I dont. He is a mental midget when it comes to his golfing skills, at this moment. I hope he finds it, but my fear is that it's all gone. DD, Ian baker, chip beck gone.

The Golf Channel just did a excerpt on Tigers issues. They were saying hes keeping too much weight on his back foot and that his hands arent tight enough to his body

Whoa WHoa Whoa...Do I need to go find all of those threads with how good of an idea Foley's method were for him, if he just had more time? In fact you "guaranteed" a major with in a couple of years after that switch when I said early on it was a horrible move and was flamed for it. :D

Now all of the sudden these moves were bad and its just more time?

His short game doesn't look that bad compared to mine.

Get off the bong Wardy. This is not a good sign for any Tiger fans. It's pretty damn sad to see him this at this point really. Scary in some ways.

What if I told you I just put a new J15 off the floor wedge in my bag. No specs, no bend, no nothing. And I told you I got up and down through two rounds better than 80% of the time.

I have the same skin color as TW and that's about it. Why does the best in the world struggle but I dont. He is a mental midget when it comes to his golfing skills, at this moment. I hope he finds it, but my fear is that it's all gone. DD, Ian baker, chip beck gone.

I'd say that's Freddie Kong expected. I'm not sure how you go about around the greens though, IE handsy vs a pitch with your body vs... Uhh.. Other ways...? I'd say try the exact opposite of what you normally do though and see how it goes?

Whoa WHoa Whoa...Do I need to go find all of those threads with how good of an idea Foley's method were for him, if he just had more time? In fact you "guaranteed" a major with in a couple of years after that switch when I said early on it was a horrible move and was flamed for it. :D

Now all of the sudden these moves were bad and its just more time?

And it backfired on both of us, as you've picked him for majors too and he's disappointed. What he was doing, he's decided it wasn't working. He's switched to what he thinks will work better. How long do you think it'll take to take hold where he can be competitive?

And it backfired on both of us, as you've picked him for majors too and he's disappointed. What he was doing, he's decided it wasn't working. He's switched to what he thinks will work better. How long do you think it'll take to take hold where he can be competitive?

FWIW, from day 1 I have said that in my opinion the Foley choice was one of the worst he could make and his short game would suffer. I was flamed as a hater for it, despite it being true (fact). I picked him to win the Masters each tourney, because like Bay Hill and Torrey and a few others, I figured he would will his way around a track he knew like the back of his hand.

But I dont buy the idea that this is just learning a new swing and technique. I do think he will contend in a few coming up including his home courses. And I do think he will do fine at Augusta. But I also think this is FAR more than just learning something new just as it was previously.

And that's fine, I just think he's just gotta stop thinking about it. Right now he's playing golf swing and worrying about trying to hit it perfect instead of trying to just hit it to the hole and give himself a chance. In the scheme of things, he'll be fine. This isn't Ian Baker Finch, he's a touch better.

When he hurt his back the last time and I saw the look on his face, I posted we may have seen the last of the Tiger we knew. Maybe all of it put together is just too much to overcome. And I am a fan all the way, don't care what he did off the course. But how much can a body and mind take when there is a billion in the Bank and lots of other things to do? Maybe the switch has been thrown mentally and there is no more to dig from.

I'd say that's Freddie Kong expected. I'm not sure how you go about around the greens though, IE handsy vs a pitch with your body vs... Uhh.. Other ways...? I'd say try the exact opposite of what you normally do though and see how it goes?

That's just it, weight forward, hands forward,descending blow on back of ball. Outside to in for a low checker. Open the face keep hands moving through, hold face for soft semi flop. Ball foward, square face for a pitch. I can keep going. It's like riding a bike. Once you learn those shots you never forget.

TW has forgotten how to play golf. All.he knows is to build to a swing. Once he and chris figure it out, he will string together some wins. But God help him if he doesn't learn to play golf with Chris or he will be lost when it goes away.

That's just it, weight forward, hands forward,descending blow on back of ball. Outside to in for a low checker. Open the face keep hands moving through, hold face for soft semi flop. Ball foward, square face for a pitch. I can keep going. It's like riding a bike. Once you learn those shots you never forget.

TW has forgotten how to play golf. All.he knows is to build to a swing. Once he and chris figure it out, he will string together some wins. But God help him if he doesn't learn to play golf with Chris or he will be lost when it goes away.

That's it right there, he needs to get rid of all his yes men and scientists and just play the damn game. I mean come on he's a pro golfer he should be able to chip a damn ball without having to learn how all over again to at 37 years old.

I don't understand it. I really don't. His short game was the best I've ever seen.

Maybe he should try giving Roger Cleveland a call...just sayin :alien:
This was my first thought upon looking at the video.

"Just needs a quick 10 minute one-on-one with Roger Cleveland...."

From what I saw yesterday, and I only saw a few holes, his putting was not very good either. So aside from driving, chipping and putting, things look ok. I still think he will be fine.

Wow he shot an 82....that's right at my average clip on a championship yardage course. Some of those chunky chips I saw were reminiscent of me several years ago. His game has regressed horribly. I am now confessing to be better than Tiger Woods. Lol

Has anyone posted a video of all his poor short game shots yet? That could be a good clip.

Back