Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball Preview

I've played a few rounds with these balls and I must say I'm quite impressed. I think they have released a ball that is now extremely competitive at this price point. This ball is just slightly less Finney on the greens then the NXT Tour S, which I expected but after some side by side comparison, you would need both balls present to tell the difference and it's not much.

As far as the durability is concerned I think these are scuffing up a bit quicker than the NXT tours. To me having compared both of them side-by-side I feel that the trusoft have a slightly softer cover to the touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been playing the DT Solo. I game the Bridgestone e6 and the DT Solo lately. Played the DT Trusoft last two rounds along with the DT Solo and the TM Aeroburner Pro balls, six holes each ball. The Trusoft has a softer, better feel than the Solo. The Aeroburner Pro has a slight distance increase for me but all said and done, I like the DT Trusoft ball the best of the three. I still like e6 but will play the next two rounds with the Trusoft on a nine and the e6 on the other nine and make my decision. Hitting the ball flush with my R15 9.5 loft, Speeder57 Evolution regular flex driver with the weights farthest away from each other, the Trusoft the best feel at impact.

Dan did a great job reviewing these balls! They make for a great winter ball unless you produce more spin than you want / need. For those fortunate people they get a great ball at very reasonable price!!

Good review and almost identical to what I've seen! I myself have played the TruSoft quite a bit. I love the feels off all the clubs with that ball even off the putter. I didn't get decent enough spin around the greens but the NXT tour performs slightly better for me. I'd day dare, at the price point, this is my favorite ball in that range.

I played my first round with the DT Trust today and came away impressed. It is a great feeling ball, love the reduced spin off the driver (I can still draw and hook the ball, but it is reduced) and with my game I was never a player getting a ton of green stopping spin anyways, so I play most of my short shots around the green playing for roll out. I had one short game shot, 24 yards off the green slightly uphill hit the shot exactly where I wanted and was rewarded with a chip-in. Also the ball feels really nice coming off the putter, no problems at all with distance control. This may be my new go to ball!!

After reading these and some other reviews, I picked up a sleeve of these yesterday for a test round. I have been playing ChromeSofts and Q-Stars and wanted to compare.

The verdict: these are every bit as long as the either two balls. Feel is comparable to the Q-Star but not quite as soft as the ChromeSoft. I did not notice a difference in stopping power on the greens, but I am not one to put a lot of backspin on the ball. The ball came off the putter face nicely and resisted scrapes and marks well.

My pro shop has them for $22/dozen, a great price point. I like the ChromeSoft, but at this price I can almost buy 2 dozen TruSofts for the same price. I am not done evaluating yet, but these have a great chance to become my go-to ball.

Happy to see and try it. I have played the supersoft Callaways religiously since they came out.. yesterday i played a ProV1 on a par 3 and it felt like a rock. Quickly put it back in my bag.

Have been playing these the last couple rounds as my local course ran out of Chrome softs. Liked them enough to buy a dozen. Unfortunately half of them have a weird orange ring around the middle of the ball were they were pressed together. For someone who isn't big on marks on the ball I find it really distracting!

Have been playing these the last couple rounds as my local course ran out of Chrome softs. Liked them enough to buy a dozen. Unfortunately half of them have a weird orange ring around the middle of the ball were they were pressed together. For someone who isn't big on marks on the ball I find it really distracting!

I noticed the orange seam as well. I tried them and immeditealy went back to my Supersofts.

I noticed the orange seam as well. I tried them and immeditealy went back to my Supersofts.

It's weird only 2 of the four sleeves have it and the single sleeve I bought last week didn't have the ring. I'll be going back to the Chrome Soft now.

My go to ball... Especially for the price. I think the only other real option in this price range is the callaway supersoft but the titleist trusoft checks all the boxes for me. Great soft feel and not clicky at all really. Nice sound and feel off the putter face as well. Flies long and I get enough spin and check around the greens too. Not quite pro v level but close enough that I don't think it can be beat for the price

My go to ball... Especially for the price. I think the only other real option in this price range is the callaway supersoft but the titleist trusoft checks all the boxes for me. Great soft feel and not clicky at all really. Nice sound and feel off the putter face as well. Flies long and I get enough spin and check around the greens too. Not quite pro v level but close enough that I don't think it can be beat for the price

Wilson Duo would be another option. So would the Bridgestone e6 soft and the Snell Get Sum.

Wilson Duo would be another option. So would the Bridgestone e6 soft and the Snell Get Sum.

True. I completely forgot about the duo and the e6 slipped my mind as it's a good ball too

I'm loving this ball right now. Like loving it. Would rather play this than my KSigs. Soft on all shots, which I prefer. Decent length. Spin is more than enough. And I love the yellow. Scored my best round ever 77 with this ball. 78 earlier this year with a KSig. That obviously helps, but seriously for the money (and color) I'm loving it. I still have a place in my heart for the 50 elite but I hate that Wilson yellow. They white is awesome tho.

True. I completely forgot about the duo and the e6 slipped my mind as it's a good ball too

I have been hitting the e6 soft on my last two rounds. Ball feels great. Not as soft as the duo. Can't beat it for the price too. I play for rollout here in South Texas. It's always hot and the greens hardly ever bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove this ball today like never before. Obviously my swing was on, but was surprised at the distances I was getting. I have played this course for years so I know what I normally do there. Hit two not so well and was back further than. Normal but on the other 5 (non par 3s) I was smoking it. This ball is super underrated.

Interestingly I got a surprise sleeve of balls from Titleist, they were DT Trusoft.
lOIVOjx.jpg
u64Bfwd.jpg

Put them into play this weekend, and out of the 3 balls I was using 2 were damaged to the point I couldn't use anymore, hit a couple trees, but nothing I thought was major, but way too many nicks in them to keep them in play. Quite weird.

Nice ball for a 2 pc. Seems to bite a bit better than E6, Supersoft.

Dave

I received a test sleeve as well. I didn't think they were quite as durable as the previous version. Sadly I lost two of the three due to a couple bad swings at a really bad time. They did have good distance and were pretty good around the greens as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finally got out to play the DT TruSoft today and quite honestly the ball performed very well in all aspects, but I will say that the ball does have a bit of a 'thud' sound on pretty much any and all impact. I played the ball for the first 9 holes exclusively, then on the back nine I alternated holes with WS DUO Optix ball (will give some feedback there as well) DT TruSoft off the tee performed similar to my typical gamer (ChromeSoft &/or Pro V1) I would estimate that distances would be about 6-10 yrs shorter on well struck shots, but I feel like the ball spin off the club was less than my gamers. I say this because I hit a couple blocked slices that ended up in play and didn't loose a lot of distance. With my gamers I feel those shots would have ended up OB.... obviously I don't have launch monitor to confirm spin rates but it was a pleasant surprise.

Irons wise, I hit a lot of long iron shots and the ball performed really well, I hit several greens from 175 -215yds (6i-4i) and the ball held the greens extremely well. On one par three I hit a 9i more so like a 4i (thankfully low) which hit the front of the green and rolled out about 25'-30' which was about 10' past the pin, so more of a hit and check type of shot than hit and skip. I had similar results with wedges as well. On 18 I drop kicked an 8i right and short of the green and hit a 54* from the rough that hit and stuck, maybe 2-3' roll out (inside 3' & saved par :)) With the lie I had in the rough I was glad I made it to the green and hitting it to 3'

Will have another change to play again this week and will give some additional feedback.

Got these out for another full round today. The results seem to mirror what I saw the previous time out, and that was great feeling off the driver and irons with distance being about the same as my normal ball. Full shots had no problem taking one hop and stopping. Around the green, the lack of a Urethane cover is very noticeable and you just have to expect the ball to come out with very little spin and release.

In somewhat windy conditions as today was, this ball was a bit iffy. It's launching higher than my gamer on full shots, meaning it seems to be getting hit by the wind just a bit longer than I'm used to. It was evident on a couple holes where the wind really held an 8i tee shot up into the wind and it came up about a club short, and another where it was down off the left and the ball really got moved by the wind and the ball carried over the green. A bit surprising considering the ball should have had a little less spin than a Urethane counterpart, but definitely something I'll need to keep an eye out on during my next round out. As Winter conditions start to set in and the wind picks up here in FL, it's something I really want to keep an eye on to see if it was just a fluke or if it's consistently doing that.

Still haven’t had the opportunity to test these yet. Our weather has been down right pitiful compared to last November. Today expected to get out to play albeit 24* real Feel right now but left for work and it’s been raining all night.

Since I can’t golf I hope this may be useful to some. I’m a yellow ball aficionado so I wanted to compare the yellow on the DT Trusoft to other yellow balls I’ve tried recently.

From left to right:
Vice Pro Soft, DT Trusoft, Volvik DS55

Srixon Soft Feel, Bridgestone B330RX

f19895d43877f3c1fb3bc6372045696d.jpg

The DT yellow is very similar to the B330 as both have the metallic flake in their paint. The DT appears like it has a little greenish/Gold tint in the yellow compared to the B330.

Also the dimples are more visible on the DT out of all of the balks pictured. Inside the dimple it almost appears darker. Could just be a shadowing effect as well.

3a2677763ca59eabe8e4e4959fbeb5c1.jpg

d0c0181a353771fefcf193a4a2351835.jpg

7842cbd8fe7a468bd94d15b13d005953.jpg

07cbbfe822b2b308c9c12a5902944930.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to test and will share more once I can get out and play.

Had to check the box I picked up for a scramble to make sure they were the new ones and they were, so I'll share some thoughts.

Played with these in 40-50 degree weather the other day. I was pretty impressed with them on approaches - including a couple half shots with wedges we had into firm greens. Like Wardy, where I really noticed the difference was around the green. I think most of that was me being used to playing a urethane ball all year but I've played 2 piece balls that seem to have a bit more check to them - the Q Star comes to mind. I can't speak to performance with the driver just because my tee game was downright awful. I'll take these out again next time I play and continue to share my thoughts until the dozen balls are gone.

My initial feeling is that within Titleist's line, I think this gives you 99% of the performance of the NXT Tour S at a lower price.

Matt, since you likely are in colder conditions than I am, did you notice any drop off in distance in the colder temps?

Back