Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball Preview

I love ProV1's and will continue to pay almost whatever they charge for that ball.
I found a V1x this weekend and played it for a few holes. Like I said, I like them OK, but refuse to pay their price, both on principle and because I think it's jacked up by market recognition.

I used to part of the whole "Titleist marketing sucks" group and wouldn't play their balls. Then I gave the ProV1 line a fair shot and it's a way better ball than 99% of the others available. The Chrome Soft is the only other ball I've played that even comes to close to ProV1 performance (for me and my game.)

This ball doesn't necessarily intrigue me though

Id like to give these a try down the road to see how they compare to the handful of other low compression balls Ive tried out

Interesting I'll give it a try most likely. I do like the move away from solo.

Also I may be seeing something that isn't there. But I found it interesting in the press release that every comparison they made was to its own models. They seemingly stayed far away from saying softest or one of the softest on the market today.

Could be nothing. That just stood out to me in today's world of claiming the best in the world.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Be interesting to try these. Love the Duo ...never been much of a fan of any Titleist ball other than the ProV1x.

i would be interested in trying this ball. As long as it comes with a competitive price tag and not the normal Titliest pricing. There are are so many great balls on the market right now at a lower price point that perform for the game of the 90% of us who can't land it on the green and back it up 10 feet. But even us 90% can see some issues with most balls not performing on the green but will take the lower spin off the tee for roll out on the green.

The price is listed in the 1st post.

I found a V1x this weekend and played it for a few holes. Like I said, I like them OK, but refuse to pay their price, both on principle and because I think it's jacked up by market recognition.

I agree, there marketing is off by a mile , no way can a certain ball be better for everyone no matter there golfing skill, That is laughable . For me though its a mental thing Ive tried all kinds of balls and there are a few I really like , however when at the pro shop picking up a sleeve, Prov1 always ends up in the bag .

I used to part of the whole "Titleist marketing sucks" group and wouldn't play their balls. Then I gave the ProV1 line a fair shot and it's a way better ball than 99% of the others available. The Chrome Soft is the only other ball I've played that even comes to close to ProV1 performance (for me and my game.)
I'm not going to argue your point at all. I agree mostly, but that price point is where I don't get it. They charge it because they can. Big diff between the two balls you highlight. $10+ a box is pretty big imo. I will play a ProV. If I find one....and I do....lots and lots of them because 25 cappers are losing the crap out of them. But I'm going to BUY a Chrome Soft if given a choice.

Sounds like these will be nice competition for the super soft, duo, and the E series lines. Looking for to trying these out

I'm not going to argue your point at all. I agree mostly, but that price point is where I don't get it. They charge it because they can. Big diff between the two balls you highlight. $10+ a box is pretty big imo. I will play a ProV. If I find one....and I do....lots and lots of them because 25 cappers are losing the crap out of them. But I'm going to BUY a Chrome Soft if given a choice.

I don't buy ProV1's either. They are so easy to find all over the place here. I know my Dad has least 50 in his bag and hasn't paid for a single one.

The Chrome Soft are a much better deal and if I'm spending money, that's where it goes.

The price is listed in the 1st post.

yah, i saw it. Doesn't mean it won't be $30 a box instead of 21.99 when it hits stores. What i am saying is there are some great options for us 90% from $19-$25

yah, i saw it. Doesn't mean it won't be $30 a box instead of 21.99 when it hits stores. What i am saying is there are some great options for us 90% from $19-$25

Sorry about that. What I can confirm is that their MAP is what will be seen in retail stores which is $21.99. Green grass will use MSRP many times, and that is (as it always is, higher).

Titleist makes great equipment but their marketing strategy is a head scratcher for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this ball know what my handicap is?

I'm really hoping for a ball that knows what my handicap is.

What he said!!! I don't know if I have ever actually payed for a Pro V1, Pro V1x or any other Titlest golf ball. I know I haven't spent a single dollar on a Titleist ball since they started that whole campaign that one ball fits everyone. I will sure play a Pro V1 if I find one (which I did this weekend. Great ball, still not getting any more of my $$$). Now I may reconsider if and when the marketing improves (which I believe that it will now that they are going this direction).
I guess it's just confusing that the motto "one ball for anyone" (or whatever it is) bothers you guys so much even though when you guys play one, it admittedly DOES appear to be THE ball for you.

Perhaps they are right?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There are quite a few great options in the $20/box range which I think will help hold the cost of these down to sub $25/box. Any more than that and they risk Titleist fans paying the few extra dollars for the NXTs, and those who are brand agnostic going to/staying with the Duo, Supersoft, Q-Star, etc.

I am a sucker for a soft golf ball, so I will definitely get a dozen!

Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Ball Preview

Today's the release date for these golf balls and I am not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to try these out. Still haven't figured out why I have excitement but really want to try these out. Is it because I can now play and affordable Titleist golf ball without it feeling like a rock? maybe, but I'm definitely looking forward to hitting the stores and seeing who has these available to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Titleist sent me a little box of this ball since I said I used a SuperSoft at one of their marketing outings. If the weather cooperates next week or weekend I'll compare it to the SuperSoft for y'all.

I will probably try it at some point, most likely when someone gives me one or I find one on the course.

Actually got a sleeve in the mail the other day. Heading out on Sunday to test.

I've played the Callaway super soft, so hopefully these play as well as that did for me.

I was at the PGA superstore today and they didn't have them in yet. He thought it was gonna be November 1st but said he wasn't really 100% on when they were coming in. I would of tried a sleeve but I really like my Supersofts and will more than likely stay with them.

Was supposed to receive these from Titleist (per an email from them) but they never showed up - or perhaps they did and my daughter heisted them.

Walmart never had them today either. Bunch of DT Solos though.

Back