Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x RCT Golf Ball

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Golf has always brought us some exciting collaborations, some of them we long desired, a few that fell flat, and others are ones we didn’t know we needed until after they happened. This collab between Titleist and Trackman Golf will surely end up in the latter. Introducing the Titleist RCT available in both Pro V1 and Pro V1x.

Titleist-ProV1-and-ProV1x-RCT-Golf-Ball-1.jpeg

Today, Titleist is announcing the release of a two-year R&D process in which they and Trackman have created what they believe to be the solution to the biggest shortcoming of radar-based...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say that is pretty awesome! Yay to no more reflective stickers.

Might help people who have indoor setups a bit just as well, so that's pretty nice. Won't have much effect on 99% of us, but that's still a pretty awesome collaboration between Titleist and Trackman to find a solution of sorts to an indoor setup issue.

That's pretty darn cool. Interesting that they spent R&D $'s on such a small market. I mean you can't hit indoor balls out to the woods so there is no need to buy another box LOL!

Will impact a minority of people, but those it does impact will likely be very happy with this. I'm glad that a couple different companies got together to create a nice clean solution.

The price of a bit higher but like you said in the article @Jman the balls should last longer indoors.

This is pretty incredible. Trackman fitters have to be very happy about this.

That's pretty cool.

love this idea. its also pretty disappointing going to fittings or now my indoor lessons and seeing wild spin numbers

As a low to mid spin guy with driver, it always sucked going to driver fittings and see spin numbers around 4000. Made it impossible to determine what was actually a good fit

Last edited:
  • Staff
That's pretty darn cool. Interesting that they spent R&D $'s on such a small market. I mean you can't hit indoor balls out to the woods so there is no need to buy another box LOL!
It is small, but if they’ve now truly made trackman a reliable indoor option, and are the ONLY ball that can do that? They’re going to get a decent little ROI off of that when every indoor fitter uses their ball if they’re using a radar monitor.

To me this a huge thing for fitters. TrackMan knows there is an issue indoors. They worked with a company to fix it knowing that it had to be corrected to compete accuracy wise with camera systems.

Genius things seem so obvious after people have figured it out. This is cool.

To me this a huge thing for fitters. TrackMan knows there is an issue indoors. They worked with a company to fix it knowing that it had to be corrected to compete accuracy wise with camera systems.
This, it’s the first time they’ve almost kind of openly admitted they had a shortcoming somewhere, and if this really does fix it? Think of what it means for places like CC

This is pretty impressive. I always wondered how much the golf ball played a part in misreads during indoor fittings.

Just when I was zeroing in on Skytrax for the garage.... Really cool story here.

This is pretty impressive. I always wondered how much the golf ball played a part in misreads during indoor fittings.
I don’t think it was the reason, that’s a hardware and design issue, but how cool is it that the ball might end up a solution no one thought about? Pretty wild!

Just when I was zeroing in on Skytrax for the garage.... Really cool story here.
You’re better than that. Or, you will be, with a better device. :LOL:;)

You’re better than that. Or, you will be, with a better device. :LOL:;)
I'm real tight to get 16' I've read is needed for radar based devices hence the camera thought. I'm all ears though if you had other recommendations around that price point.

(but maybe this ball reduces that need...)

This is really really cool. I wish I had an indoor setup w/ trackman or had the room for it.

I don’t think it was the reason, that’s a hardware and design issue, but how cool is it that the ball might end up a solution no one thought about? Pretty wild!
It will be interesting to see if it helps smaller/cheaper radar based units produce better results as well.

That’s really cool!

It will be interesting to see if it helps smaller/cheaper radar based units produce better results as well.
This is the biggest question I have to be honest

This, it’s the first time they’ve almost kind of openly admitted they had a shortcoming somewhere, and if this really does fix it? Think of what it means for places like CC
Wondering if we know whether this was something Trackman paid Titleist to develop or if it was something Titleist had the idea on independently?

Well that is some innovation!!! Be nice to see truer numbers

I love this collaboration and result. I hope it truly works and provides accurate data from radar units. Why couldn't the metallic dots work as effectively?

Back