Toughest Tee Shot For Amateurs? The 2014 Morgan Cup Opening Tee Shots

Gets my nerves going a little just watching that. Looking forward to the rest of the coverage.

I can only imagine the nerves and adrenaline pumping, heart in your ears feeling you all had off the 1st tee. I've been there before with some high school and college events, but THIS would have been different...at least it looked that way. Good shots fellas!

I was scared to death.

Looking back, I was definitely more scared Sunday on that tee with no Fupresti to bail me out!

Such a fun memory. Swing was a bit directional -- Certainly moreso than Sunday morning -- but it got us where we needed to be.

Thanks for the memories THP!

Was there a backwards hat being rocked on the opening tee?

Wicked Cool Homeless Guy owned that look!!!

So many awesome memories watching this. I had no idea i only took a 3/4 swing. And I totally forgot about Jimmy holding the pose after his topped tee shot. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably would of been fun to see some heart rate monitor read outs on all the first tee shots. Everyone "looked" calm but there was a little different feeling seeing it in person.

My pulse just raised watching my own tee shot...and I know I hit the fairway this time. Such a crazy, but cool moment.

My pulse just raised watching my own tee shot...and I know I hit the fairway this time. Such a crazy, but cool moment.

In the interest of fairness your pulse really got going after you saw my drive.

At least in the video, the 10th tee was a lot more raucous than the 1st also. I love seeing all these though. As a player, you get really myopic on what is going on in your match and inside your head and it's hard to appreciate the great shots everyone outside your pairing are hitting.

Awesome stuff guys , Those are some great looking swings there. You guys had nerves of steel . I've been to a few THP events and the nerves of the first hole tee shot is pretty tough, I can only imagine they were 100 times worse for the MC . You guys nailed it !

Oh man watching this was fantastic!! I was nervous lol.

Great swings everyone!!

Still sorry I drove into Trout and Jimmy on 10..... :)

And hats off to the 10th tee box crowd you guys were Awesome to hear !

Great watch! That 10th tee box was the place to be, sounds like a great time was had there haha!

I get the jitters on the first tee during mens league. I can't even imagine this....

Just watched this start to finish, and LOVED it. A few observations:

- No two swings alike, yet a whole lot of balls in the fairway.
- The 1st tee box was just as encouraging as the 10th, it just didn't get picked up on camera.
- For some of you guys, you can see the shaking of the hand when putting the tee in the ground, and I think that's awesome.
- I had a pit in my stomach standing on the 1st tee box watching this happen, and that same pit was there sitting at my computer watching it just now.
- Towards the end of the 10th tee groups, I can hear familiar voices offering encouragement. Specifically Trout and Rickus...and hearing their voices makes me smile.
- Speaking of Trout...backwards hat, "long live the queen" tempo, and a magnetic personality is what "Trout Cool" is. And it's real.
- I want to do it again....and PLAY.

I love the MC videos!

The pre shot routines and swings are so varied and that's awesome to see!

I can only imagine the nerves on that first tee and what your heart rates were doing

I have been in a mild funk since getting back from this for many reasons. This was just the shot in the arm needed. Thank you for the memories THP and thanks to all of the participants, volunteers and forum members for being who they are! What a giant bucket of memories this is. Can't wait to see everything else.

JM

Seemed like it was just yesterday that we were there....now I wanna go do it again!

And my spare tire has gots to go.

Was fantastic getting to witness the other 36 opening tee shots I hadn't seen yet, we have some guys with fantastic golf swings on THP - that's for damn sure.

Did I just see 1 lefty?

How did I miss that? I must have completely missed the group of 3.

How did I miss that? I must have completely missed the group of 3.
The camera was moved on the 10th tee to show head-on shots. Jersey Nate, Castor Hades, and Ricky all went off 10. Scarnici went off 1 and the camera location did not move. I bet that's why you only counted 1.

Back