Tour Edge Exotics 722 Drivers

Best driving day ever(?). I hit 6/7 fairways with the E722 driver today. Distance wasn't the best I've seen from this driver for me today, but that's on me. I averaged right about 260y total distance off the tee. I think that is being hindered some by a terrible miss-hit that went 238y. It was an ugly slice which was so depressing because it was my only missed fairway of the day and the hole went left and was wide open.

I did get lucky on two of my fairways hit because I pulled them off the tee and one ended up about 2 yards from the rough (generous fairway on that hole) and the other landed in the rough on a mound and got a kick straight left back into the fairway. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good 😀. The other 4 holes that I hit the fairway were no doubters...bullet straight right where I was aiming 265-270y on all of them. One was a 320y hole that you could "cut the corner" over a bunker to make the hole just shy of 300y total and I left myself with 32y to the green there (we won't talk about how the rest of that hole went 😕)

Another solid day today off the tee with the E722. 10/14 fairways...and of the 4 missed, 2 were just off the fairway, but the 2 others...left the face wide open and they had no chance 😕

On strike location I felt that I miss hit 4 or 5 of the fairways hit and 2 were low on the face that were spinny, but went almost dead straight, just was penalized about 10-15 yards from the best strikes of the day. 250y low on the face...268y perfect strike. I didn't have the distance today that I have seen other times this year, but that's just me for today

As part of TeeM Tour Edge, I’ve been able to test the C722 driver, fairway, and the Wingman putter. The driver has been my favorite of the 3. This year has been the best I’ve hit a driver that I can remember. Fairways are up and penalties off the tee have been minimized. I’ve messed around with the weights and lofts but found my groove on the 9.5 set -1* and with the heavy weight in the back.

Played 18 today and the first few holes were not good with the driver. I couldn't make solid contact and wasn't comfortable hitting the driver much of the front 9. I knew I needed to hit driver on the back with the par 5's, so on the back 9, I forced myself to try again. I focused on a smooth swing and I crushed 3 drives in a row...all ended up around 280y and nice, gentle draws. Still loving this driver, when my swing is halfway decent.

I know TXG has been mentioned a few times here that people watch their videos. I am disappointed that their 2022 driver tests just ignored the C722 and E722 when the C721 fared so well in the 2021 testing...oh well people don't know what they're missing if they just go off certain YouTube reviews (and they'll be lighter in the wallet too, here's to looking at you TSR 😉 💸)

So with my never ending saga with the C722 and E722, I keep getting drawn in by the ridiculous ball speed potential I've seen with the C722. I tried again last night to see if my driver swing late in the year is consistent (?) enough to unleash the full power of the C722...well yet again the E722 came out on top.

10 swings each on LM...

C722 - 3 fairways hit, 2 miles left, 1 off planet right, 6/10 playable... top ball speed 161 mph, top carry 279y, low carry 229y (1500 rpm spin, duck hook)

E722 - 7 fairways hit, 1 duck hook left, 9/10 playable...top ball speed 156 mph, top carry 263y, low carry 249y

The E722 wants to go straight as an arrow as long as a good swing is put on the ball. The E722 fits my swing well.

So with my never ending saga with the C722 and E722, I keep getting drawn in by the ridiculous ball speed potential I've seen with the C722. I tried again last night to see if my driver swing late in the year is consistent (?) enough to unleash the full power of the C722...well yet again the E722 came out on top.

10 swings each on LM...

C722 - 3 fairways hit, 2 miles left, 1 off planet right, 6/10 playable... top ball speed 161 mph, top carry 279y, low carry 229y (1500 rpm spin, duck hook)

E722 - 7 fairways hit, 1 duck hook left, 9/10 playable...top ball speed 156 mph, top carry 263y, low carry 249y

The E722 wants to go straight as an arrow as long as a good swing is put on the ball. The E722 fits my swing well.
Sounds like my experience with the heavy weight in the back of the C722. It brings a bigger miss into play.

Sounds like my experience with the heavy weight in the back of the C722. It brings a bigger miss into play.
You're playing with the C722 heavy weight up front? I thought that would bring the bigger miss compared to the back...are you giving me another reason to have a head to head test between these again?

C722 heavy weight forward vs E722 🤔

You're playing with the C722 heavy weight up front? I thought that would bring the bigger miss compared to the back...are you giving me another reason to have a head to head test between these again?

C722 heavy weight forward vs E722 🤔
I meant when I move the heavy weight to the front the bigger miss comes into play. My bad!

I meant when I move the heavy weight to the front the bigger miss comes into play. My bad!
When I move the heavy weight forward, I get the preferred ball flight. My miss wasn't that bad overall. I found when I missed with this configuration, it was due to me not finishing my swing (which will never turn out very well). When I had the heavy weight in the back, it seemed like I was hitting the ball too high and losing distance overall (probably due to my AoA).
Overall though, the main thing I've appreciated with this driver is how well it keeps you in play, regardless of where you hit it on the clubface.

Played yesterday...it was a tale of two 9's

1. I hate colder weather...I was trying to play the summer distances and I just needed to accept the shorter distance 😒

2. This driver still performs for me when I don't swing out of my shoes to try and get the 10y extra distance I was expecting from the 80° summer days

I shot 84...but was only +2 on the back 9. It was a great back 9 for me

After 3 of the first 4 holes where I used driver on the front 9, I figured out that I was not getting anywhere close to the distances I saw even 2 weeks ago, I settled down and tried to just put a good swing on the ball instead of swinging out of my shoes.

My distance was about 10-15y shorter than average but I hit 5/7 fairways on the back, after only hitting 2 on the front, and of the two missed only one was actually in the "rough" where I would have claimed a poor shot that probably didn't have hope to stay on any fairway. It was a poor swing.

I just need to not "try" so much on the first few holes to impress whoever I'm playing with because once I got the driver in "point and shoot" mode, I had more questions/intrigue from others about the club. One guy had lived in Chicago and had heard of Tour Edge, but never thought to play them because of their ads on TV, but he was impressed with my play on the back 9.

I had one tee shot on the back 9 (downhill) that went 285y and was straight as an arrow. Was told I couldn't have placed the shot better. Probably only chance I was getting that distance yesterday.

I made an adjustment with the C722, set it to 9.5* from 8.5, heavy weight still forward. I also made a small adjustment at set up and it’s shown very good results. Thursday and yesterday, this driver was just going dead straight. First couple holes I set up to play the cut I normally see, but adjusted when I saw the ball flight. This time of year I expect to lose a few yards due to the colder temps. But with the straight ball flight, that more than made up that distance loss ( plus it helped I wasn’t searching in the leaves for a wayward shot very often).

I made an adjustment with the C722, set it to 9.5* from 8.5, heavy weight still forward. I also made a small adjustment at set up and it’s shown very good results. Thursday and yesterday, this driver was just going dead straight. First couple holes I set up to play the cut I normally see, but adjusted when I saw the ball flight. This time of year I expect to lose a few yards due to the colder temps. But with the straight ball flight, that more than made up that distance loss ( plus it helped I wasn’t searching in the leaves for a wayward shot very often).
Oh the leaves...haha. past years I've lost a lot of golf balls in the rough.

Leaves haven't been too bad yet a few hours south of you 😁

Oh the leaves...haha. past years I've lost a lot of golf balls in the rough.

Leaves haven't been too bad yet a few hours south of you 😁
Yeah, they’re just starting to fall, but it won’t be too much longer before it becomes a real challenge 🥺

Between the driver, fairway and putter, the C722 has been the stand out for me. I’ve hit it well from the time I got it and certainly seen an improvement in driving this year.

I just bought a E722 driver and 3 wood with Tensei Raw White.....pretty excited about it. I've never used Tour Edge before and wanted to give them a shot....

This is in my general preference now for being an OEM hipster and playing lesser known stuff. I don't see a lot of Tour Edge in Canada.

With the price drop, I am pondering ordering a C722 with an ADDI or just finding an ADDI to go into my current setup.

With the price drop, I am pondering ordering a C722 with an ADDI or just finding an ADDI to go into my current setup.
Remember the adapter is $20 from TE if you call them. Not sure if the ADDI is cheaper than the current prices though (probably, right??)

Remember the adapter is $20 from TE if you call them. Not sure if the ADDI is cheaper than the current prices though (probably, right??)
They had the ADDI premium option up on the website last week but it’s been removed. Could find the shaft at a decent price I’m guessing elsewhere.

Testing the E722 driver (10.5, Fuji Red non-velocore, stiff) on the course. Pretty impressed with how stable this driver is. Distance was great on good swings, and it just wanted to fly straight. Star of the day was my C721 hybrid. C721 irons I'm still not totally sold on, but they are not bad either. Exotics gear is all solid lately.

Testing the E722 driver (10.5, Fuji Red non-velocore, stiff) on the course. Pretty impressed with how stable this driver is. Distance was great on good swings, and it just wanted to fly straight. Star of the day was my C721 hybrid. C721 irons I'm still not totally sold on, but they are not bad either. Exotics gear is all solid lately.
Great feedback. I concur on the E722 just wanting to fly straight. Put a good swing on it and distance has been superb for me too

IMO, their hybrids have been superb for years and are what led me to their driver.

Played 9 holes today. It was a poor day for scoring, but the E722 showed up. I hit 5/7 fairways. Distance wasn't great today, but I also don't think I hit the center of the face once today. I averaged a measly 248y off the tee today. Had 2 over 260y that were the best of the bunch but I also had 2 that barely got 10 feet off the ground and only went 230y.

Of the two I missed the fairway on, one was about 5 yards in the rough for hitting it too straight on a dogleg right. The other, we'll just forget about that one. I tried to swing out of my shoes and hit a low duck hook that buried itself in the leaves...I didn't even bother to look.

The plan is to get out for a round next week. Not sure how much I will be playing with Thanksgiving and a family trip to Florida coming up afterwards the next month. Does anyone have questions about the C722? Anything you would like me to comment on?

Back