Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Excited to get out and play with the c721s again. The current setup just didn't feel right when swinging.. shafts were too light. so I switched out the shafts to a 120 gram stiff shaft today. After the curing process was done - hit a few in the sim. It's a night and day feel on the swing and gets me really excited to see how they work out.
How did it go?

I played 18 again this morning and I guess it could be summed up with, "Some days your on and some days you aren't" .....I guess i wasn't in the same week. I was so far oof today i could not find my way back. On a course where i can normally play 18 with the same ball, i lost 3 on the front nine and another two on the back. IT was abad day in Flatrock for sure. My driver was either high and right or duck hooks....the irons i could not really do much with other than punch out to he fair way and hit the center of the green for either a bogey or a double. ?Seriously, i had 2 pars in the first seven holes. It was not the arrows, the indian was just not on at all....

Last edited:
I played 18 again this morning and I guess it could be summed up with, "Some days your on and some days you aren't" .....I guess i wasn't in the same week. I was so far oof today i could not find my way back. On a course where i can normally play 18 with the same ball, i lost 3 on the front nine and another two on the back. IT was abad day in Flatrock for sure. My driver was either high and right or duck hooks....the irons i could not really do much with other than punch out to he fair way and hit the center of the green for either a bogey or a double. ?Seriously, i had 2 pars in the first seven holes. It was not the arrows, the dian was just not on at all....
Think we have all been there.

Little recap of a few iron shots from last round. 161 yard 7 iron uphill slightly with slight cross wind. Leaving 3 footer for birdie. 9 irons of 147 and 151 8 irons 154, 157 and 176 and pw at 135. All and all a solid outing with the c721s. All yardages were with arccos.

I played 18 again this morning and I guess it could be summed up with, "Some days your on and some days you aren't" .....I guess i wasn't in the same week. I was so far oof today i could not find my way back. On a course where i can normally play 18 with the same ball, i lost 3 on the front nine and another two on the back. IT was abad day in Flatrock for sure. My driver was either high and right or duck hooks....the irons i could not really do much with other than punch out to he fair way and hit the center of the green for either a bogey or a double. ?Seriously, i had 2 pars in the first seven holes. It was not the arrows, the indian was just not on at all....
Oh yes, feast or famine, I know that well

Little recap of a few iron shots from last round. 161 yard 7 iron uphill slightly with slight cross wind. Leaving 3 footer for birdie. 9 irons of 147 and 151 8 irons 154, 157 and 176 and pw at 135. All and all a solid outing with the c721s. All yardages were with arccos.
179 8 iron, and I thought I was doing well at 158 8 iron

179 8 iron, and I thought I was doing well at 158 8 iron
Might have been a little pissed off in that shot. Nice recovery from a pulled drive. Struck well in center of face they will go. Had a little 7 iron pull on a par 3 a couple days ago 209.

How did it go?
I played them yesterday - it was raining here so probably not the best outing. School started up last week so haven't had much time to get out lately and my mind has been a bit of a mess throughout the week with everything going on in schools lately.

In true THP reviewing fashion though - I can tell you that the change of shafts is a difference-maker. I recently installed ProjectX LZ 6.0 120 gram shafts vs the PrX HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0 80 grams. The LZ's are the same ones I have in my gamers. For me, they are easier to swing, hit, and felt better than the original graphite shafts I had in them. I could feel the clubhead and know where the face was versus the graphites. Distances matched and some exceeded my PXG's as well as the flighting of the ball - definite plus there.

(Bit of additional honesty here - I'm not fully loving the PXG's after a summer of playing them. A year later I might be having a little regret getting them - I didn't pay the ridiculous prices for them btw - but just not sure they're the same caliber as my previous sticks - so I'm thinking I'll be a free agent once the season ends and see what comes around or if the C721's take the starting spot).

Back to TE's C721's - Ball flies and flies and flies with them - sometimes too far (is that bad karma to say?) and the new shafts support my preferred feel and flight of the ball. Unfortunately - the C721's are just not doing it for me right now. They're a bit bigger than I'd like in the head, the feel while good, actually great for a cast club, is a bit off for me. I can't put a finger on it, they're just off a bit - toe feels a bit heavy maybe. Forgiving - yes. Absolutely, not an issue there. Maybe I'm just a headcase right now and is it a "it's me, not you" type of deal here? I will continue to play them throughout the rest of the MN golf season and see where they end up.

Can I explicitly state that the C721's do what TourEdge says they do? Yes. Absolutely. No doubt about it. From there I think it comes down to personal preference. Are they a club that I'd recommend to a friend looking for new irons? Yes. Absolutely. Already do. So - for those looking for new irons - take a serious look at TourEdge's C721 irons - they may jump out and surprise you

I'm thinking and E721 set will be a good one as a replacement for my current cbx set. I'm loving what I'm seeing out of the KBS shafts and want to get those in the full set 6-SW. I need to figure out the hybrid gapping at the top of the bag, but I'm thinking a 4h like I have now would be good with the elevated lofts on that set.

I'm thinking and E721 set will be a good one as a replacement for my current cbx set. I'm loving what I'm seeing out of the KBS shafts and want to get those in the full set 6-SW. I need to figure out the hybrid gapping at the top of the bag, but I'm thinking a 4h like I have now would be good with the elevated lofts on that set.
I can tell you that i hit my Tour Edge 4 iron from my C721 set as far with elevation as my 5 wood or 18 deg hybrid i had before these irons, the ball just ELEVATES. I have not hit the hybrids or fairways yet, but i do have a 16.5 degree three wood on the way

I played them yesterday - it was raining here so probably not the best outing. School started up last week so haven't had much time to get out lately and my mind has been a bit of a mess throughout the week with everything going on in schools lately.

In true THP reviewing fashion though - I can tell you that the change of shafts is a difference-maker. I recently installed ProjectX LZ 6.0 120 gram shafts vs the PrX HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0 80 grams. The LZ's are the same ones I have in my gamers. For me, they are easier to swing, hit, and felt better than the original graphite shafts I had in them. I could feel the clubhead and know where the face was versus the graphites. Distances matched and some exceeded my PXG's as well as the flighting of the ball - definite plus there.

(Bit of additional honesty here - I'm not fully loving the PXG's after a summer of playing them. A year later I might be having a little regret getting them - I didn't pay the ridiculous prices for them btw - but just not sure they're the same caliber as my previous sticks - so I'm thinking I'll be a free agent once the season ends and see what comes around or if the C721's take the starting spot).

Back to TE's C721's - Ball flies and flies and flies with them - sometimes too far (is that bad karma to say?) and the new shafts support my preferred feel and flight of the ball. Unfortunately - the C721's are just not doing it for me right now. They're a bit bigger than I'd like in the head, the feel while good, actually great for a cast club, is a bit off for me. I can't put a finger on it, they're just off a bit - toe feels a bit heavy maybe. Forgiving - yes. Absolutely, not an issue there. Maybe I'm just a headcase right now and is it a "it's me, not you" type of deal here? I will continue to play them throughout the rest of the MN golf season and see where they end up.

Can I explicitly state that the C721's do what TourEdge says they do? Yes. Absolutely. No doubt about it. From there I think it comes down to personal preference. Are they a club that I'd recommend to a friend looking for new irons? Yes. Absolutely. Already do. So - for those looking for new irons - take a serious look at TourEdge's C721 irons - they may jump out and surprise you
Well maybe the new fairway will do the trick since they appear to be 0-2 so far for the bag.

Well maybe the new fairway will do the trick since they appear to be 0-2 so far for the bag.
Not 0-2. 1-1 with some hope still for the irons. Driver is awesome. It’s on a rotational basis with my other one. Probably could be like you and have 2 drivers in the bag like you. Can’t wait to check out the fairway!

Looking forward to the Pro 3 wood heel and toe weighting has peaked my interest a great deal. Might find that I need the pro driver model.

Alright guys, I'm admittedly late to the party, but I would absolutely LOVE to stir it up a bit more in here with the iron chatter.

Tell me the thing you like the best about your C721 and E721 irons. What is the biggest standout element of the head for you?

As you guys know, I've had the C721 3 iron the bag for a while now. Typically for me, it's such a long club that I tend to be a bit too selective when pulling it out of the bag.

That said, when i do I love the results. It's pretty flat in flight, and tends to support a straighter or even subtle left line when well hit which has been super helpful on the tighter par 4s. I can't talk too many of my buddies into hitting it because of the build and how picky they are haha, but, when they do they are definitely impressed.

Alright guys, I'm admittedly late to the party, but I would absolutely LOVE to stir it up a bit more in here with the iron chatter.

Tell me the thing you like the best about your C721 and E721 irons. What is the biggest standout element of the head for you?

For me, I know there are those that refer to the size of the head but it has never bothered me that the C721 is slightly larger than my previous set. I will add that i can only assume that it would tend to bother some if you bounce back and forth. I have not played another Iron or Driver since receiving my C21's. I love the flight of the ball, I like how it elevates and just soars, yes they fly further than my previous, but they are lofted differently. When you buy a new set, you have to figure out how far they go with your ball. Same here, once i had them in the bay at PGASS and figured out how far they went, I adjusted.

But my favorite thing is the elevation of flight with the C721's and they way they drop. I will say, that i am 64 in two weeks or less and if you think its not fun to hit a 9 iron 150 yards when your playing partners are hitting 8's or 7's, guess again.....I don't ask, but if they do, i will just show them the bottom of the iron......and smile

After installing recoil 110 shafts I can say that I look forward to playing these. Pryor to shaft change I didn’t feel that way. Had a 209 yard 7 iron the other day. Longer than expected but I’m not one to complain about a perfectly strict shot going to far. While working on a few swing flaws yesterday in sim a nutted 8 showed 193 total. Ball flight and distance are the biggest surprise to me. Really glad I made the switch in shafts. Look forward to each opportunity to play them now.

For me, I know there are those that refer to the size of the head but it has never bothered me that the C721 is slightly larger than my previous set. I will add that i can only assume that it would tend to bother some if you bounce back and forth. I have not played another Iron or Driver since receiving my C21's. I love the flight of the ball, I like how it elevates and just soars, yes they fly further than my previous, but they are lofted differently. When you buy a new set, you have to figure out how far they go with your ball. Same here, once i had them in the bay at PGASS and figured out how far they went, I adjusted.

But my favorite thing is the elevation of flight with the C721's and they way they drop. I will say, that i am 64 in two weeks or less and if you think its not fun to hit a 9 iron 150 yards when your playing partners are hitting 8's or 7's, guess again.....I don't ask, but if they do, i will just show them the bottom of the iron......and smile
I'm always fascinated by the size discussion. I've got four different head sizes in my bag from wedges to what I'm calling my FrankenThrEE haha

Doesn't bother me at ALL.

After installing recoil 110 shafts I can say that I look forward to playing these. Pryor to shaft change I didn’t feel that way. Had a 209 yard 7 iron the other day. Longer than expected but I’m not one to complain about a perfectly strict shot going to far. While working on a few swing flaws yesterday in sim a nutted 8 showed 193 total. Ball flight and distance are the biggest surprise to me. Really glad I made the switch in shafts. Look forward to each opportunity to play them now.
Recoils are such great shafts!!! Love the 110.

How's the flight? Pretty tall? Landing soft?

Recoils are such great shafts!!! Love the 110.

How's the flight? Pretty tall? Landing soft?
Really like the flight and descent angle. Played them for a couple rounds last week for 1st time. 2nd round had 4 birdies. Ball pretty much lands and stops. I’ve been playing i95 shafts in my other set for a couple years in a reg flex. I soft stepped the 110 f4 shafts when installing them in c721s. Think is going to work out. Beginning to prefer the 110 to the i95.

Standout elements, I'll say 2. The VIRBCOR tech in the head is the real deal. When paired with the VSS of the Elevate shafts, the swing, sound, and feel are all so smooth.

2nd is Diamond Face 2.0. So good across the face retaining ball speeds, and getting the ball into the air. Just a fun head that allows me to be aggressive, because I know my sweet spot is larger than what I previously played.

Are the irons easy to Bend for lie angle and Loft?

As you guys know, I've had the C721 3 iron the bag for a while now. Typically for me, it's such a long club that I tend to be a bit too selective when pulling it out of the bag.

That said, when i do I love the results. It's pretty flat in flight, and tends to support a straighter or even subtle left line when well hit which has been super helpful on the tighter par 4s. I can't talk too many of my buddies into hitting it because of the build and how picky they are haha, but, when they do they are definitely impressed.
Remind me, what shaft pairing do you have with the 3i?

Really like the flight and descent angle. Played them for a couple rounds last week for 1st time. 2nd round had 4 birdies. Ball pretty much lands and stops. I’ve been playing i95 shafts in my other set for a couple years in a reg flex. I soft stepped the 110 f4 shafts when installing them in c721s. Think is going to work out. Beginning to prefer the 110 to the i95.
Interesting! Do yuo think it's helping control the head a bit, while maintaining the distance you're looking for?

Back