Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

First let me talk about the club head. Its gorgeous. It looks way better in person than the pictures. The carbon fiber looks fantastic in the sunshine and I didn't find the solid black part in the middle to be distracting at all. In fact I think it helps with alignment. I do think the head kind of looks slightly closed at address and the elongated shape is something I'm familiar with having gamed the Cobra SZX all of last season. The head is 9.5 degrees and is paired with an RDX Blue 5.5. This would not be the flex I would normally game but I wanted to test it out and see how it performed. The overall swing weight is lighter than my gamer and I showed up to the course and peeled the plastic off with no warmups so it took me a few holes to get used to it. The first few swings were all out on the toe but I saw a nice penetrating ball flight and no big hooks telling me the head is very stable.

The ball flight is penetrating and seemed to be quite a bit lower spin than my SZX. When I finally started making good contact I kept saying WOW. As @Lions81 just described it seemed be more of a crack, definitely not a metallic ting and not a muted sound like you hear with something like the Epic lineup or Mavrik from last year. I quite enjoyed it. I took a video of three continuous swings and will get that posted when I have more time. One of each with Epic Speed, C721 then finally Cobra SZX.

My first impression is... I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm typically a decent driver of the golf ball with the occasional swipe right but I'm not sure I missed a fairway after getting used it and was consistently impressed with not only the flight but the distance I was seeing even hitting directly into a solid 15mph wind. The ball was seeming unaffected by the wind and was more so affected by the 40 degree temps we played in today.

I'll let @jdtox fill you guys in on his performance with this one today when he pops on later. Really interesting sound. Its a bit on the louder side, but not in a bad way. We both described it as a "crack", reminds me of a well hit baseball off a wood bat almost. I took two swings with it, and had ok results. It definitely sets up a little closed to my eye, and I really struggle with that. Seems pretty low spin, and @jdtox was murdering it. First Tour Edge driver I've ever hit. Impressive stuff.

I found the sound to be no worse than my SIM, Definitely not a put-offish "Think" like a Krank or Knuth hjighHeat or so many of the Long Drive heads it have heard. It sounds much better than my SLDR thats for sure

First let me talk about the club head. Its gorgeous. It looks way better in person than the pictures. The carbon fiber looks fantastic in the sunshine and I didn't find the solid black part in the middle to be distracting at all. In fact I think it helps with alignment. I do think the head kind of looks slightly closed at address and the elongated shape is something I'm familiar with having gamed the Cobra SZX all of last season. The head is 9.5 degrees and is paired with an RDX Blue 5.5. This would not be the flex I would normally game but I wanted to test it out and see how it performed. The overall swing weight is lighter than my gamer and I showed up to the course and peeled the plastic off with no warmups so it took me a few holes to get used to it. The first few swings were all out on the toe but I saw a nice penetrating ball flight and no big hooks telling me the head is very stable.

The ball flight is penetrating and seemed to be quite a bit lower spin than my SZX. When I finally started making good contact I kept saying WOW. As @Lions81 just described it seemed be more of a crack, definitely not a metallic ting and not a muted sound like you hear with something like the Epic lineup or Mavrik from last year. I quite enjoyed it. I took a video of three continuous swings and will get that posted when I have more time. One of each with Epic Speed, C721 then finally Cobra SZX.

My first impression is... I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm typically a decent driver of the golf ball with the occasional swipe right but I'm not sure I missed a fairway after getting used it and was consistently impressed with not only the flight but the distance I was seeing even hitting directly into a solid 15mph wind. The ball was seeming unaffected by the wind and was more so affected by the 40 degree temps we played in today.
I. Told. You. ;)

I found the sound to be no worse than my SIM, Definitely not a put-offish "Think" like a Krank or Knuth hjighHeat or so many of the Long Drive heads it have heard. It sounds much better than my SLDR thats for sure
I think those used to TM will find it louder, but it’s more muted than a lot of drivers still. It’s got a combination of Ti and Carbon that make it a unique sound. It’s powerful, but not loud or obnoxious.

Totally agree. Nothing like the new Pings which I find honestly offensive to the ear. Just a solid crack to it.

I hear ya, I am generally the longest in my group, and i dropped my driver to go Tour Edge. AND I AM STOKED ! i could not believe how short the time to settle in to a good swing and put this in the fairway. Glad to hear you like it, its live for sure....

Got in a little time this evening with the Hzrdus blue rdx shafted 10.5 C721. Blue is a much better fit for me than the black. Had friends up for a little sim time. Took it straight out of the box and put it in play. Took a few swings to get loosened up and put a good swing on it. Easy to setup and turn ball over to produce a nice draw. If exaggerated tonight I could turn draw into a hook. That however was me and in no way the drivers fault. Diamond face 2.0 is very forgiving. Club looks great at address.

One of the guys hitting it tonight first remarks was in its forgiveness on off center hits. That brought on a discussion about the diamond face and its construction. He hit it very well compared to his M3 driver. Spin was controlled very well for him. Didn’t get in as many swings as he had hoped. He looks forward to spending more time with it in future.

Then there was the aggressive swinger. He would have been better off with the rdx black in a 6.5. His normal gamer is Mavrik sub zero xstiff. His spin with C721 and blue rdx went up considerably. If he slowed down and put a nice controlled swing on it he was impressed. Both very impressed with lifetime warranty. Only one comment on driver head looking big. In my opinion at address it looks great. Doesn’t look big to my eye. For those that are skeptic of the appearance of crown of club the ridgeback and carbon blend very well together. Only a few swings in I don’t notice the crown at all.

Look forward to getting more time with this combination. Hope to get some data comparing the C721 to my B21 and Speedzone drivers this week. Need to swap grip to midsize cp2 like all other clubs. After a short time with the 721 it has a chance to earn some bag time. Was I expecting that it might replace my B21 to be honest no. Jury still out on that ruling but there is a chance. It’s fun to hit.

If you are looking for a new driver with great tech great looks and the performance to go with it do yourself a favor and give it a test.

Took the boys out to the range last night, and got to give this another work out.

1. The sound and feel, to me, are just what I'm looking for. I would describe both the sound and feel as solid. You feel and hear the power when you catch one just right, and the ball jumps off the face.

2. I'm still astounded by the forgiveness. It was a windy day, so I couldn't always judge ball flight the best. Having said that, misses on both the heel, and especially the toe, want to stay in play. It's definitely not down the middle of the fairway, but on most courses with reasonable sized fairways, you are on the edge, or just in the rough. I think this will continue to keep me out of trouble.

3. The looks are great. After my initial concerns, I have no issues what so ever.

4. After my 2nd time getting this out, the excitement is still there, and I cannot wait to get it back out on the course. This to me speaks just to how much fun the overall package is from Tour Edge. Performance, looks, results, all make me want to come back for more.

Took the boys out to the range last night, and got to give this another work out.

1. The sound and feel, to me, are just what I'm looking for. I would describe both the sound and feel as solid. You feel and hear the power when you catch one just right, and the ball jumps off the face.

2. I'm still astounded by the forgiveness. It was a windy day, so I couldn't always judge ball flight the best. Having said that, misses on both the heel, and especially the toe, want to stay in play. It's definitely not down the middle of the fairway, but on most courses with reasonable sized fairways, you are on the edge, or just in the rough. I think this will continue to keep me out of trouble.

3. The looks are great. After my initial concerns, I have no issues what so ever.

4. After my 2nd time getting this out, the excitement is still there, and I cannot wait to get it back out on the course. This to me speaks just to how much fun the overall package is from Tour Edge. Performance, looks, results, all make me want to come back for more.
I absolutely agree!

I am taking the morning off and heading out to another course in Fort Worth tomorrow with some guys I know and playing 18, still doing my Saturday gourd this week too.

I played well last weekend and it will be cooler in the am so lets see how we do. Next week will be a challenge as the Bestet Half and I will be renovating the Kitchen so hopefully i agree with all the colors and the order in which the reno will be done and be alive in 7 days....lol

Can't wait to get this out again and kick it into gear over at Waterchase

As a tester, I really think that TourEdge took a large step forward with the C721 Driver. Prior to this experience, I would have walked right past the displays onto the big names that I know. However, it's definitely earned my respect and one that could be gamed if needed - and one that I'd recommend to others if they are looking for a great driver at a great price. There are some things that I do think could be adjusted - mainly the loft/lie adjustment but that's nitpicky I know... Overall the praise we're seeing is due to the fact that it "just works." I look forward to playing it once spring break comes up and I get out on the course a bit more.

Only some sim time for me till mid next week. Unless we sneak in a round Saturday. Next week I’ll be able to report how it performs at sea level.

As a tester, I really think that TourEdge took a large step forward with the C721 Driver. Prior to this experience, I would have walked right past the displays onto the big names that I know. However, it's definitely earned my respect and one that could be gamed if needed - and one that I'd recommend to others if they are looking for a great driver at a great price. There are some things that I do think could be adjusted - mainly the loft/lie adjustment but that's nitpicky I know... Overall the praise we're seeing is due to the fact that it "just works." I look forward to playing it once spring break comes up and I get out on the course a bit more.
I'm interested to see just how far Tour Edge has come in a year. Im hoping to get out with some members of the 2020 TEEm, @Gman79 and @erock9174 to see how it compares to the EXS 220 from last season.

On Friday, @JDax and I will be throwing this into the THP Tech Studio and grab some numbers for everybody.
Thought it would be a fun test since we are so different in terms of swing, yet hover around the same speed.

On Friday, @JDax and I will be throwing this into the THP Tech Studio and grab some numbers for everybody.
Thought it would be a fun test since we are so different in terms of swing, yet hover around the same speed.
Cant wait to hear more thoughts on this driver. What shaft do you have paired with the C721?

Long drive contest to end would be fun ;). Best of 3 swings 🤷‍♂️.

Cant wait to hear more thoughts on this driver. What shaft do you have paired with the C721?

Long drive contest to end would be fun ;). Best of 3 swings 🤷‍♂️.

Project X RDX Blue is in it right now.

That will be fun to see.

Looking forward to some numbers. I think this is quite a bit lower spin than my previous driver based on visuals on course. That shaft pairing has my mind swirling too haha

Looking forward to some numbers. I think this is quite a bit lower spin than my previous driver based on visuals on course. That shaft pairing has my mind swirling too haha

I hit it yesterday for about 10 minutes and saw some pretty darn good numbers. I was getting a tiny bit left to right, which may be swing, but each shot was about a 5 yard fade. Carry distance was rock solid and the sound is so freaking good.

I have a tendency to fade it as well. I’m going to blame that fully on swing. When I make a conscience effort to get club face closed fade turns to slight draw. I’m pretty sure the B21 might have resulted in some bad habits.

I hit it yesterday for about 10 minutes and saw some pretty darn good numbers. I was getting a tiny bit left to right, which may be swing, but each shot was about a 5 yard fade. Carry distance was rock solid and the sound is so freaking good.
Interesting. I saw only straight or right to left. Wonder if its the regular flex shaft :ROFLMAO:

5 yard fade is exactly what I want! On the rare occasion a R to L is needed, were you able to do a 5 yard draw?

Interesting. I saw only straight or right to left. Wonder if its the regular flex shaft :ROFLMAO:

I know you laugh, but it very well could be.
With this one I am seeing a little soft fade that starts middle and lands 5-7 yards right.

I know you laugh, but it very well could be.
With this one I am seeing a little soft fade that starts middle and lands 5-7 yards right.
:oops: more testing is required. However a soft little fade isn't a bad thing.

Interesting. The shots on 2nd Swing review were mostly to the right also. Maybe the head is fade biased.

Back