Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Driver

I can’t help, I took 0 swings with the stock shaft :ROFLMAO:

after i get accustomed to my "non-cool" version :LOL:, i wanna try a fancy pants shaft...

after i get accustomed to my "non-cool" version :LOL:, i wanna try a fancy pants shaft...
Mines pretty fancy. 1 of 2 on the planet and made just for me. THP does some pretty cool experiences :ROFLMAO:

Mines pretty fancy. 1 of 2 on the planet and made just for me. THP does some pretty cool experiences :ROFLMAO:
So In other words you got a “made for” shaft
;)

Made for me specifically by Don Brown at PX? Yup. ;)
Probably watered down though...Has to be... it's a made for ;)

Yup for sure. Non watered and that is 165, 2100 and 290 carry. yeesh.
Made for shafts. ;)
Speaking of made for's my Ventus Blue 4t in my EXS220 just won my driver test today with the Flash and Speedzone Xtreme.

I'll hopefully be taking my Pro version out for a test drive this afternoon. Stock shaft of course :(

Put my evenflow Blue tour length in the other day and really liked the results. Have to test on the range but liking the lighter shaft..

Can't say enough good things about the EXS driver and i am someone who's never hit driver well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Put my evenflow Blue tour length in the other day and really liked the results. Have to test on the range but liking the lighter shaft..

Can't say enough good things about the EXS driver and i am someone who's never hit driver well.

Standard EXS? 220? Or this the new Pro? Can’t remember what you have Pats.

Standard EXS? 220? Or this the new Pro? Can’t remember what you have Pats.
Standard EXS set to 8.5 loft. I would be curious to hit the new versions.

I felt the Ventus shaft was a bit heavy but still had really nice results.
I had to buy a new shaft tip for the EF Blue since they are plastic and the shop was worried it would melt taking it off.

Has anyone picked up a weight kit?
I would be curious to see how the weights change the flight characteristics.

Standard EXS set to 8.5 loft. I would be curious to hit the new versions.

I felt the Ventus shaft was a bit heavy but still had really nice results.
I had to buy a new shaft tip for the EF Blue since they are plastic and the shop was worried it would melt taking it off.

Has anyone picked up a weight kit?
I would be curious to see how the weights change the flight characteristics.

This one is definitely a different beast, traditional classic shape, 440cc, actually has a good sound :ROFLMAO:, and lowwwwwww spin!

As to the weights for the original EXS, they work as well as any other driver with interchangeable weights that I’ve used.

Played yesterday with my trusty S-Yard T.388 in the bag (got delivery notification on around the 6th hole for the EXS Pro). As I stated earlier, many big name drivers have tried to dethrone the T.388 and none of yet to unseat it. I hit 11 of 14 fairways yesterday (not uncommon). Playing again on Tuesday and will be gaming the EXS 220 Pro. If i routinely find the fairway with my current driver then why switch? I have 30 days to see an evolution in technology can give me the same accuracy but increase yardage, especially on shots where I don't always catch it perfectly. 30 money back guarantee....what do I have to lose!

Initial reaction on taking off the headcover and setting up the driver at address in my living room? Wow, this head looks huge! I'm used to looking down at a 388cc head so this just looks weird! I might sneak off to the range before Tuesday to get some swings in.

This is going to be fun!!

Ok, first trip to the range and on the course:

THE RANGE:

My initial impression is that it is definitely lighter than my S Yard driver and the head definitely look a lot bigger! My first couple of swings produced disastrous results. I was catching everything very low on the club face and hitting line drives that got no higher than 2 feet off the ground or went further than 40 yards. Initial thought in my mind.... I have made a terrible mistake! Took a step away and collected my thoughts and "reset" myself. Checked ball height, ball position, my setup. Basically just went through my whole pre shot routine. Took another swing at...another horrible shot! I am moving from a Tour AD stiff shaft in the S-Yard to the Tensei Orange in Regular flex in the EXS Pro. Maybe I was over swinging with the R flex shaft? I found if I really concentrated and had the feeling of hitting under and up on the ball I started making solid contact. The range is the range so once it goes past a certain point there is a slight hill so who knows really how far they were going but I did like the feel.

THE COURSE:

Time to hit the course and went out as a solo (with nobody waiting behind me). Now this is the course I work at so i've played it and know where my tee shot usually end up.

First tee, first shot...I sliced it off the planet. Ball 2: Topped it and sent it 25 yards, not reaching the red tees. Ball 3 I hit that low one off the botton of the face burning the grass off the tee box in front of me. Ball 4 I step away and remind myself to swing easy, up and under the ball. Right down the middle and rightabout where I normally end up. After my first 3 swings, I'll take it!

Hole 2 is a par 3 - No driver

Hole 3. Par 5, uphill. I usually play it as a 6 because of the shape of the hole I just can't reach. Usually I'm driver, 3 wood, 4 iron, wedge, 2 putts. There is a bunker down the left side I normally find myself in if I pull it left. Teed up the ball and reminded myself to let theclub do the work and not try and kill. Nice center contact and easily cleared the bunker by 30 yards and got some roll. 3 iron, wedge, 2 putts...par. Never happens there!

Hole 4 caught up to a group of 4 in front of me so I skipped holes 4 and 5 and went to hole 6

Hole 6 - Par 3 - No Driver

Hole 7 is a risk/reward of cutting the corner and driving the green. If you're short though you are lost in knee high fescue and dead! I can cut and reach from the whites but was playing from the blues today which changes the angle and makes it even riskier. Sun was in my eyes but I took my line, stepped up and hit it perfectly again. No idea where it went due to the sun but I know I hit it solid and straight. Drove down the fairway and around the corner seeing if my ball was in play. Much to my surprise it was PAST the green! I've never ended up in that spot from the blue tees. Chip on, putt...birdie!

Hole 8 - Par 3, No driver

Hole 9 - slighty uphill,bunker short and along the right side. I usually have about 145 to the green after tee shot on this hole. Hit another good drive down the middle avoiding the bunkers and had 130 to the green. Smaller size green (narrow) so it was much easier hitting a 9 into the green instead of my regular iron.

Off to the 2nd 9

Hole #1 - par 4. Another hole that I play as a bogey hole due to shape and length. Again, a bunker on the left that I normally flirt with distance wise that leaves me about 185 to the green.I'm starting to feel comfortable with the driver and a hit off the tee to a spot i've never come close to reaching. Easily past the bunker I'm normally near and had 145 to the green (40 yards closer to the green than i normally am). Actually hit my 2nd ball over the green so just picked it up and headed to hole 2

Hole #2 - Par 3 - No Driver

Hole #3 - Yet another hole I play as a bogey hole due to a carry over water after tee shot orlayup to the the left. I always lay up because i'm usually 215+ to clear the water and I dont have that club in my bag. Once again, bunker on the left that I usually just carry and land in the rough on the top side of it. Mishit this drive a little bit and leaked right but still easily passed the bunker distance line I normally end up. Distance to the pin was 195 so too my 3 wood out and cleared the water and ended up on green. As I said, I never am in position to clear the water after my tee shot so this was nice.

Starting to get dark so I skip to the other course to play the final couple of holes on my way in

Hole # 5 If you can carry your tee shot far enough it carries the top of a hill and ball basically rolls to the bottom leaving about an 80 yard chip. I cannot carry the hill from the blue tees and usually have a shot from just behind the crest, sometimes out of the bunker. I was starting to feel good with the driver so decided to try and give it a little more. BIG MISTAKE! Caught it low on the face and hit a low line drive into the fescue in front of the white tees. Reteed and reminded myself to just let the club do the work. Easily cleared the hill (as a reminder - i never do) and left me sitting at the bottom with an easy chip on.

From the white tees, due to the hill, we try and go for the green. My shot from the blue tees ended up where my shot from the white usually ends up. Thisisn't one of those courses where the whites and blues are right behind each other. I think whites play at aroud 5900 and blues are just under 6300. I decided to tee itup from the whites to see if I could drive the green. Aiming point is a big rock and green is slightly left of that. The rock isn't in play, just an aiming point in the distance. Teed it up from the white tees and hit it OVER the rock I have no business reaching! Lost ball OB but I couldn't have been happier. That rock has never come close to being hit near and I hit it over it!

Hole #6 Par 3 No driver.

Sun was setting and there was a group on #8 so I went to #9 and another group there so I called it a day.

POST ROUND THOUGHTS:

I definitely had a bit of a leaning curve with the EXS Pro but once I settled in I was very impressed! The distance increases yesterday aren't hyperbole. I was hitting balls off the tee to spots I have never landed before. Easily 20-30 yards increase from my normal average driver distance. I love the sound and feel when I catch it in the center and the ball just goes! Perhaps it was beginners luck with it but i'll find outwhen I tee off again in about 4 hours. Different course but another one that i'm familiar with. I was worried about losing my accuracy off the tee since that is usually one of my strengths. As long as I just took a nice smooth swing the ball stayed in play. My normal accuracy plus added length gives my initial outing with this club an A+ It will be fun to see howit goes as Iget more comfortable with it!

Welcome to the new world :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the new world :ROFLMAO:

Well im not hitting 280 yard bombs but my 250 is your 280! So far so good. I love the feel when I catch it flush!

Well im not hitting 280 yard bombs but my 250 is your 280! So far so good. I love the feel when I catch it flush!
Haha, well I forgot how to swing a driver the last two days so..... :ROFLMAO:

Got a chance to spend time with this today. Man is this thing low spin.

Got a chance to spend time with this today. Man is this thing low spin.
How would you rate the spin to mavrik SZ with the weight back? How about the directional forgiveness? (Any left bias in there?)

How would you rate the spin to mavrik SZ with the weight back? How about the directional forgiveness? (Any left bias in there?)

Perosnally I don’t have enough time with it yet, but that should happen this weekend. I was getting really low spin though (sub 2000) in my limited swings today.

Perosnally I don’t have enough time with it yet, but that should happen this weekend. I was getting really low spin though (sub 2000) in my limited swings today.
You seeing any Tim Wakefield numbers like jman?

3) It’s neutral. Really really really really neutral imo. I was convinced I would have to set it to draw, but that’s not the case. The 220 though is also shockingly neutral. Tour Edge isn’t getting enough credit for this imo, and I didn’t address it enough in my 220 article in retrospect. Directionally it responds to the swing, I’ve found that leaving the slider neutral gives me the most comfort directionally and is still letting me eliminate one side.
How neutral would you say it is compared to the OG Epic SZ or Mavrik SZ?

Back