Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Tour Edge is not afraid to be different, and the creation of the EXS lineup in 2019 showed that in full force. The decision to provide all the tech of other clubs, but at a lower price was a bold one…and it worked. So, what do you do for a follow up? Well, most companies would ride the wave and make a tweak here or there, but that isn’t Tour Edge. Instead, the EXS 220 lineup offers more tech, some significant design changes, and are perhaps the best-looking golf clubs they have ever produced.

1-10.jpg

Quick Take

Not a rehash of the highly successful EXS, the EXS 220 is
its own entity in many ways. Larger profile that screams forgiveness, with the
staggering MOI that Tour Edge has achieved, and backed that up in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Great thoughts @Jman ... My comments will follow after a range session if I can get one in this week. Only hit it about 6 times. I'm sure the other TEEMlm members will fill this up as well.

Good read. I believe this one is in the running for sleeper driver of the year. Looking forward to the TEEm reviews as well!

So, I’ve been tinkering with this one a lot post review, moving to the Riptide 60 6.5 that my Small Batch Custom is built very closely on, and honestly, it’s surprised me. But I’ll get into that more as people take a peek at the article.

Great article @Jman! As soon as this pandemic ends Im off to the store and swinging these!

Love what this brand is doing. I look forward to a demo day once the world gets back to normal. Seems like its about finding the right shaft to partner it with. Great review. I was surprised you show some love for their awesome head covers.

Nice write up @Jman. Thanks for all the info 💪

Great review @Jman !! This is a great looking driver and hopefully at some point I will get a chance to try it. Sadly the only place near by that carries the Exotics line with a fitting cart is a high end private club so it is kinda hard to get there to try out the Tour Edge equipment.

I played the EXS last year and it beat out some big name 2019 drivers. I liked everything about the club and I love what TEE has been doing the last few years. I am very happy with my bag for 2020 so I will not be looking for a change but if I was in the market for a new driver the EXS 220 would definitely get a shot.

Great Review as always @Jman !
Looks like this driver could be the "Every man" Driver.

Question for you, What was different between the two graphs you posted that gave you different numbers?

Great review for an under appreciated brand that makes stuff on par with the big name brands. I’ve gamed a few TE drivers over the years and they have always performed.

Great Review as always @Jman !
Looks like this driver could be the "Every man" Driver.

Question for you, What was different between the two graphs you posted that gave you different numbers?
Different days, different sessions, different swings because I’m a man and not a machine haha

Great review for an under appreciated brand that makes stuff on par with the big name brands. I’ve gamed a few TE drivers over the years and they have always performed.
Lots of truth here, this is two years in a row the EXS offering performed and tested very very well.

Thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to your EXS vs EXS 220 comparison, which I suspect you will post after giving people a chance to digest this review thoroughly.

Great write up @Jman !

JMan
Great review and write up. Having played EXS last season, and switched to a EF (once the Like New price became reasonable) for this season, I'm very interested in your comparison numbers and seeing how the new EXS 220 performs for folks this year.

The Tour Edge Exotics line has always been a dark horse in the market. They've made high-quality clubs before but these lower price points make it that much more competitive to the big brands. I tried the EXS last year but I couldn't get along with it indoors (never got a shot to hit it on the course). The EXS 220 ticks all the boxes for what any handicap golfer would ever want; looks, speed, sound/feel, forgiveness and great price.

Great review James! The only thing you can really ask of any company is to improve iteration over iteration. Looks like TEE went through multiple avenues to make that happen. Good numbers there, too btw.

Great review. My interest is piqued and this driver is something to take a look at

Great review @Jman! Definitely agree about the looks - good amount of carbon on display there!

Great review @Jman! Definitely agree about the looks - good amount of carbon on display there!
Yessir, going to try and finish some head to head and then shoot a video of the EXS and 220 to discuss just what’s changed. Should be interesting to some I hope!

Yessir, going to try and finish some head to head and then shoot a video of the EXS and 220 to discuss just what’s changed. Should be interesting to some I hope!
That’ll be a good watch! Cheers!

Good write up @Jman waiting to hear what other have to say about when they get a chance to hit it.

Good write up @Jman waiting to hear what other have to say about when they get a chance to hit it.
Thanks buddy. I know it’s hard on the TEEm Guys to not be able to go put it through the paces, hopefully this helps tide them over a bit conversation wise (y)

Back