True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Have you tried the Modus 120's? I really like my Tour S400 straight as a arrow ,but it is a harsh shaft at times , so just looking to switch to something a little smoother?

I've not dude, too low launching for my likes.

Can't wait to try these out in the J15's next week

I love seeing them in more and more irons.

True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

I'm not sure I've seen/hit them at least knowingly in anything yet and if I have it was probably only in a 6 or 7 iron and that doesn't truly give any idea of what this set does.

I'm not sure I've seen/hit them at least knowingly in anything yet and if I have it was probably only in a 6 or 7 iron

To get the full effect/feel, you need to be sure to hit a 4-5i, a 6-8i, and a 9-PW. You'll feel the different kicks, I still remember Freddies reaction to them, it was hilarious.

To get the full effect/feel, you need to be sure to hit a 4-5i, a 6-8i, and a 9-PW. You'll feel the different kicks, I still remember Freddies reaction to them, it was hilarious.

Hoping this happens next weekend with the Bridgestone U

My only experience with theese was in a sim with the Vapor Pro Combos they were nice but not the smoothest I tried. Great idea and it works but I'm looking for a different feel when I swing the club.

My only experience with theese was in a sim with the Vapor Pro Combos they were nice but not the smoothest I tried. Great idea and it works but I'm looking for a different feel when I swing the club.
Nothing TT is ever going to be accused of having a lot of "feel", I will say though the xp line is changing that a bit with the new 95/105/115's

Nothing TT is ever going to be accused of having a lot of "feel", I will say though the xp line is changing that a bit with the new 95/105/115's

Yeah I like the XP line quite a bit, I've played the tried and true DG S300 for over 10 years and while these are very different from those I'm still really looking for something smoother if that makes sense. I do fully agree that these perform as advertised and are quite remarkable and a huge step in steel shafts.

Im no shaft guru like Jman but I do like the flight and look of these shafts. I play them in my TM TPCB irons, hit a flush 5 iron today about 180m and landed great onto a green I haven't hit for quite a few months, the trajectory looked good and they felt sweet.

Thinking of picking up a set of these and trying them out in the 545s. I'm a big fan of ascending weight/flighted sets - spent some time with the VPCs in the store the other day and absolutely loved the feel of the shafts. Could be a fun winter project, and the price of a 6 piece set isn't terrible.

I just tried these shafts for the first time in a demo XR Pro 7 iron the yesterday. I hit the S300 and X100. I really liked the X100 but I've gotten used to a lighter shaft. I guess if I really liked the weight of the S300 but the wanted more stiffness, these shafts aren't a very good candidate for hard-stepping because of their step profiles being the way they are. The are probably good questions for a fitter.

I just tried these shafts for the first time in a demo XR Pro 7 iron the yesterday. I hit the S300 and X100. I really liked the X100 but I've gotten used to a lighter shaft. I guess if I really liked the weight of the S300 but the wanted more stiffness, these shafts aren't a very good candidate for hard-stepping because of their step profiles being the way they are. The are probably good questions for a fitter.

They aren't built to be stepped by design, you're correct there.

these shafts don't need any help. They are fine as they are, love me some DG pros
They aren't built to be stepped by design, you're correct there.

Loved these shafts in the DFs at Bridgestone u. Was highly impressed with how the felt and the ball flight

I've been reading the review and thread. I've got a serious ponder going on for these. But I will get properly fit before pulling the trigger.

I knew nothing about these shafts before the Bstone U but after hitting them I became a big fan. I could have ordered Recoils like I have been using but in my DFs I opted for the DG pro because I really liked what I saw and how they felt.

I knew nothing about these shafts before the Bstone U but after hitting them I became a big fan. I could have ordered Recoils like I have been using but in my DFs I opted for the DG pro because I really liked what I saw and how they felt.

Its cool to see TT finally getting them out there and people getting to come back and check out the review we did on them. They're fun shafts, I still think they are hampered by the name a bit as some blow them off as same old DG's, but it seems when people try them, they hit a good margin of golfers needs.

Hard to believe we reviewed these almost 2 years ago.

Mine are soft stepped one and they still work great.

Anyone with some long term feedback? I just picked up a set of covert forged with them and have no experience with them.

Anyone with some long term feedback? I just picked up a set of covert forged with them and have no experience with them.

Still one of my favorite iron shafts. Played them in my 545s, as well as have hit them in a bunch of bridgestone line. Probably my second favorite steel shaft behind the KBS tour. Tried the AMT this year and didn't like it as much.

I used them for a couple seasons. Fantastic iron shafts that would probably be my favorite steel shaft out there if they were just a tad lighter. Great launch in the long irons and great control in the short irons. Not much else to say about them other than they are pretty solid all around.

Fantastic. Easily my favorite DG irons shafts.

Best DG shafts I gamed, I wish they were lighter as well.

Finished out the year with these.

As my swing got better the more I enjoyed these. Coming back to TT I have to say I missed the feel of their steel shafts. They are slightly different in feel but they still have that familiar feel of TT. They really do work as advertised. High shots in the long irons landing extemrenly soft and a visiable difference in the short irons. Paired with my Covert Foged has improved my confidence. I said earlier that best results were from a smooth swing and not when you get after one. I have to retract that I can play any shot and swing as hard or delicate as I want and they perform. I guess working on the swing pays off.

Back