True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Hey how come it went all dark on this thread....haven't seen the review posted...am i missing it?

The review is done and just waiting to be published. Should be fairly soon.

The review is done and just waiting to be published. Should be fairly soon.

hawks on fire!!! this is another one i'll be reading closely!

LOL this one I only read. Jman did the hard work! It's a good one.

hawks on fire!!! this is another one i'll be reading closely!

Gee, thanks Buck....

Hehe

It went quiet, as Hawk said, waiting for it to go up.

Gee, thanks Buck....

Hehe

It went quiet, as Hawk said, waiting for it to go up.

How did Buck not know you had these ?!?! :confused2:

I say he buys beer in Orlando for letting you down

You also had 666 thanks and I thought it was a bit creepy

How did Buck not know you had these ?!?! :confused2:

I say he buys beer in Orlando for letting you down

You also had 666 thanks and I thought it was a bit creepy

He doesn't care about me, clearly. Hehe

Thank for that, indeed a bit creepy.

Excited to get the 3i shaft into a 3i this week and put it through it's paces!

He doesn't care about me, clearly. Hehe

Thank for that, indeed a bit creepy.

Excited to get the 3i shaft into a 3i this week and put it through it's paces!

You putting the 3 and 4 shafts into the MT's?

Yep, I'm excited, I really am a BIG fan of these shafts especially in the long irons.

Thanks Jman can't wait til the review and when these shafts come out to the public.

Thanks Jman can't wait til the review and when these shafts come out to the public.

Thanks buddy. I'm really excited for this review to go up as well. Wish I could help you on the release, all we have right now is a big fat TBD.

Really looking forward to this review.

Thanks buddy. I'm really excited for this review to go up as well. Wish I could help you on the release, all we have right now is a big fat TBD.

Just checked the True Temper website...looks to be under construction, but they had their catalog online...no mention of the DG Pro shafts. Mentioned Project X 95 Flighted shaft set though.

Let's hope the DG Pro shafts are released soon.

Edit: DOH...looks like the Project X 95 shaft has been out for a while.

Last edited:
C-Tapers will be going up in the BST Friday dude.

These are hard to put into words, hence why I'm taking my time on finishing the review this week. You see unmistakeable DG traits...but not. Freddie knows exactly what I mean, he hit the 5i and the 8i in Dallas, similar but different with the stepping. There is feel (not as much as other shafts, but a good bit more than OG S300's) but though the set (3-5, 6/7, 8-P) it changes as you progress. The 3-5 kick uniquely and just launch the ball on a flight that definitely makes you realize they aren't the same ole shafts at all, the 6/7 are eerily s300 like, and the 8-P are stable launchers that really flatten out a bit like they claim.

Lots there to digest I know, but I reeeeeeally like what I've seen for my game.

Great info so far Ajman very interesting, was researching a change to Modus 120 or 130 from my Tour S400 , (looking for little more feel )but these have made me rethink decision

True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Great info so far Ajman very interesting, was researching a change to Modus 120 or 130 from my Tour S400 , (looking for little more feel )but these have made me rethink decision

Be sure to look at the full review on the homepage, lots of info and thoughts there. There's also another thread linking to it around here somewhere.

Also remember these are progressive, those you mentioned aren't. Meaning these launch differently through the set, but they are not traditional "flighted" shafts.

Be sure to look at the full review on the homepage, lots of info and thoughts there. There's also another thread linking to it around here somewhere.

Also remember these are progressive, those you mentioned aren't. Meaning these launch differently through the set, but they are not traditional "flighted" shafts.[/QUOTE

ok thanks Jman , Will take that into the thought process, I've hit just normal shafts have never tried flighted but like the idea of the long irons which I struggle with at times getting high enough having a better flight with the shafts and same with the short irons where I can hit them pretty high, So getting a little bit lower trajectory would be good also. I also like the wait. Can you tell me are the labels screenprinted or are they labels that you can remove

Also remember these are progressive, those you mentioned aren't. Meaning these launch differently through the set, but they are not traditional "flighted" shafts.

ok thanks Jman , Will take that into the thought process, I've hit just normal shafts have never tried flighted but like the idea of the long irons which I struggle with at times getting high enough having a better flight with the shafts and same with the short irons where I can hit them pretty high, So getting a little bit lower trajectory would be good also. I also like the wait. Can you tell me are the labels screenprinted or are they labels that you can remove

They're stickers, you can remove them.

Thanks. Are you still gaming these shafts Jman? Or anyone?

Thanks. Are you still gaming these shafts Jman? Or anyone?

Yep, they're in my DG-Pro's right now, but are likely moving to my 850 Forged soon. I love these shafts for my needs, they've kicked my CTL's out, so that is saying something. Going to try a graphite experiment in the VPC's though.

Have you tried the Modus 120's? I really like my Tour S400 straight as a arrow ,but it is a harsh shaft at times , so just looking to switch to something a little smoother?

Can't wait to try these out in the J15's next week

Back