UK THP Winter Cup – Full Report (Picture Heavy)

Best thread ever. The narrative is just perfect. You all rule!

Amazing, looks like a great time, thank you so much for documenting and sharing!!!

Great review Mav, loving the pictures.

I'd like to highlight the fact that whilst I was in team 2 (and yes, we really did score -7), it was ianb281 that lost both our red balls and more specifically, on two consecutive shots, on the same hole (sorry Dad).

Still, a great time had by all and can't wait to do it all again!

Thanks And, I was going to own up anyway. My only excuse is, it was cold and I was still suffering from playing on the Sunday. Sorry to have let you and Burgerbudge down in such dramatic fashion. I can't remember the last time I duffed two consecutive shots from 110 yds out from preferred lies - what a plonker!

Awesome drive to capture the 'longest drive' prize - a privilege to witness.

Great write up Mav, spot on and s couple of sneaky pics too, must watch out for that camera!

We'd love to have any (or all) of you guys over, that would really be awesome!

Great job to all the UK THPer that made it out to the event looks like it was a blast! Well done guys.

Thanks And, I was going to own up anyway. My only excuse is, it was cold and I was still suffering from playing on the Sunday. Sorry to have let you and Burgerbudge down in such dramatic fashion. I can't remember the last time I duffed two consecutive shots from 110 yds out from preferred lies - what a plonker!

Great review Mav, I have repeated below my post from earlier this evening in a related thread:-

"To the 9 intrepid pioneers of the first (that I know of) THP golf tourney in the UK, a mighty well done to one and all. It was a real pleasure to meet up and play with you all. A special thank you to Mav281 for his efforts in arranging the event and keeping us organised. I look forward to his full report albeit that I may come in for some stick regarding 'Red balls' (nothing rude or vulgar you understand).

Congratulations to Crag Rat for being the inaugural winner - well done Dave; good golf.

Thanks once again guys, it was an honour and a privilege to be involved in such an enjoyable occasion."

We really didn't mind - it's all part of the fun!

Looks like a blast! Glad to see THP represented so well across the pond.

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing and love to see THPers enjoying some great golf everywhere!

This is amazing! Well done lads!
I hope to see some of you while I'm out there in September!

If you come anywhere near North Yorkshire drop us a line. Be good to take you up to our course, Rudding Park!

Sounds Like you fellas had a blast and its good to see!

Good to see you guys ha a great time.

Looks like a great time was had by all! Loved the picts of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems like a great time...next time I'm in the UK I may have to bring my clubs

Dan

Very cool! It's good to see Hacker's getting together across the pond.

Pretty neat seeing this stuff happen frequently

Looks like everybody had a good time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362565466.933454.jpg

A quick shot of the boys, (minus me on camera duty). Left to right. Mick 'The Professor', 'champ' Crag Rat, 'nearestthepin' DavidL, 'longball' Bully, 'longiron' Burgerbudge, 'redball' ianb281, 'sambuca' Mav281 and 'hitthebloodyball' TK.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362566539.358746.jpg

Mav281 squints in the blazing sun, as the first drive of the Cup sails off down the fairway...

Well...kind of. ;)

Well done for putting the event together. Who knows maybe i'll make one

View attachment 8285

Mav281 squints in the blazing sun, as the first drive of the Cup sails off down the fairway...

Well...kind of. ;)

Haha - that was my Tiger impression. Partly to settle everyone down and partly to lure you all into a false sense of security ;)

Haha - that was my Tiger impression. Partly to settle everyone down and partly to lure you all into a false sense of security ;)
And it worked on me at least! But Crag Rat is hewn from sterner stuff....right then. Lets get the thread up for the next one! You gonna speak to your agent man or do do you want me to?

That looked like a great get together. Great pics a looked to be some awesome fun guys congrats.

Well done for putting the event together. Who knows maybe i'll make one
Always very welcome! And I for one would gladly put an Irish event onto the rotation! Some cracking course on the Emerald Isle, and there's a rumour that the craic is not too bad either....:banana:

Back