Ultimate Club Testing: Titleist 718 Irons

Nicklaus is my least favorite of the 3.

Soooooo much agree.
Just an unfair amount of sand. 500 yard par 5, snap hook, 297 out from a bunker, YAY.

The Palmer course is my favorite of the 3, but Watson is a lot of fun too.

Ultimate Club Testing: Titleist 718 Irons

JB does it have to be a Titleist Thursday? Or can I go to a Titleist fitting partner and use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB does it have to be a Titleist Thursday? Or can I go to a Titleist fitting partner and use them?

In a perfect world, it will be a Titleist Thursday. If someone wants to go elsewhere, I am sure it can be arranged however, but if one is available, they prefer people to go through the Thursday fitting.

I don't think you'd need to get fit until after you were selected for the event.
That is what I was thinking until I saw post #50. Did a little reading while driving in middle of nowhere west GA and saw where you need to bring your current clubs which sunk me from having a chance to do anything this week. Will send in my email when I get to the hotel and see what happens.

I have a work trip scheduled that week and can't change it. I was really excited for this one but can't wait to follow along. This will be quite the event.

Good luck to those entering! The price is crazy good for what's included!

This looks incredible!

Down the road and across the interstate. They've built up vacation homes near the course, but I'm not sure if they're actually on the course. I haven't played Nicklaus since around the second Morgan Cup so I have no idea.

I'd probably go Watson, Palmer, Nicklaus?

Edit: that's not to say the Nicklaus course is a bad course, it's just a Jack Nicklaus course.. aka it's hard!

Jack's course is a beast compared to The Watson. Very long with huge green complexes. It has its own range and proshop.

Email sent. Fingers crossed for this one. I'll shuffle my days around to get to a Titleist Thursday asap if picked.

Michael Breed just spotlighted the AP line a little bit. Makes me want them even more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pretty freaking cool

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good luck to everyone, since I already have my set of 718 irons, I won't be entering. The more I play them, the more I love them.

Going to try and get to the Titleist Thursday at TPC Tampa in a few days, things are nuts right now with the Son having Surgery today and a lot of other things going on with work but this is worth it to have a chance.

To clarify the Fitting must be done this week prior to the contest closing? or did I miss it is not somehow?

Can't make this one but good luck to everyone who enters. Going to be a great one that's for sure.

Going to try and get to the Titleist Thursday at TPC Tampa in a few days, things are nuts right now with the Son having Surgery today and a lot of other things going on with work but this is worth it to have a chance.

To clarify the Fitting must be done this week prior to the contest closing? or did I miss it is not somehow?

Fitting only has to be done if one gets into the event.

Good luck to everyone, since I already have my set of 718 irons, I won't be entering. The more I play them, the more I love them.

A few of us got to see these up close and personal and trust me they are beautiful irons.

Thank you for clarifying it, I just got home with my son's 80 lb. 1 year old dog and read though the thread.

I am going to book the fitting anyway just in case...things should be settled down some by Thursday I hope.

Got my flight ready to book.. Just waiting on my acceptance from team THP!

Great event for those in Florida!

Aww man ... does that mean I can't send you my specs yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fitting booked for 2:30 Thursday, going to be fun to see what shines the brightest.

So so tempting. JB you know how to torture the golfing masses. Touche!!

email sent! regardless of what my fitting shows, i'll still do titleist thursday because everyone has been raving about the experience. looks like first in orlando will be 10/5 according to their site, so i'll book an appointment tonight.

good luck to all!

Love reading the excitement from everyone on here. What a deal. Fantastic job from Titleist and THP. Looking forward to following the members who get chosen!

Back