Ultimate golf trip? What would you do?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
How would your ultimate golf trip look like?

Let's say you have 3000 USD to use, for everything. Plane tickets, lodging and green fees. Drinks and food are optional :)
7 days or so, 7-10 rounds of golf.

1000 dollars to fly
1000 to green fees
1000 to car & hotel etc.

Where would you go? Where would you play?

US, Europe, Asia...all options.

I've been to US several times, and I love it, so that's an option, but I've also been thinking about Japan...or UK...

I don't know if I will have an opportunity like this in 2015, but I'm sure as heck dreaming about it :D

Florida or Palm Springs
Book it around a THP event

I'm already taking my ultimate golf trip this spring. 7 days in Belle Vista. Won't cost me much though, just driving down there and staying with a friend that's a member at all the courses, so green fees will be about $20-$25. Planning on playing about 36 holes a day for a week. It will be my first "golf vacation."

I'm already taking my ultimate golf trip this spring. 7 days in Belle Vista. Won't cost me much though, just driving down there and staying with a friend that's a member at all the courses, so green fees will be about $20-$25. Planning on playing about 36 holes a day for a week. It will be my first "golf vacation."

Sounds Awesome!

Myrtle Beach to include playing both True Blue and Caledonia for the first time. I am not at all well versed on the expenses to travel and play internationally so I stayed in the states. If I could do St. Andrews within that budget, I would chose that over MB.

I may also want to create my #THPLegacy

Florida or Palm Springs
Book it around a THP event

JB, Florida is always a good choice. THP event, even better. :)

I may also want to create my #THPLegacy
Brother THP is your Legacy! Same with GG. Tough to beat that!

I have a number of them planned out in my brain haha. $3000 for everything though, I'm saying Bandon Dunes since I wouldn't have to fly - gas would cost me probably $200 roundtrip, since it's about a 10 or 12 hour drive from me. That leaves me the rest of it to blow on food and golf! A round on every course there at least, and possibly more. I'd go in shoulder season to control the cost.

Another option that's a little more under the radar for me would be New Zealand. The flight would definitely be more than your $1000 allowance, but I'd save on everything else compared to some destinations. The dream trips are Ireland/Northern Ireland and Scotland, but couldn't do those for $3k I don't think.

Well, I would start with #TheGranddaddy and hit Bandon Dunes for a week.
$3k isn't enough to get to Ireland or Scotland for any extended amount of time....

If I had 2k for car, rooming and golf, I'd play several places. I'd start in Florida drive to Hilton head, then Myrtle Beach, then Williamsburg Virginia, Then to Maryland then to Virginia and fly out of Dulles. Lots of good golf in that budget.

I'd say hit every event on the THP schedule I could fit into that budget!

Since that isn't enough to do Scotland I would spend that money traveling to create my #THPLegacy, invitational in Pittsburgh, #TheGauntlet and #THEKing

How would your ultimate golf trip look like?

Let's say you have 3000 USD to use, for everything. Plane tickets, lodging and green fees. Drinks and food are optional :)
7 days or so, 7-10 rounds of golf.

1000 dollars to fly
1000 to green fees
1000 to car & hotel etc.

Where would you go? Where would you play?

US, Europe, Asia...all options.

I've been to US several times, and I love it, so that's an option, but I've also been thinking about Japan...or UK...

I don't know if I will have an opportunity like this in 2015, but I'm sure as heck dreaming about it :D
I still want to do bandon so that would work with the number version u gave.
I'd love to do Ireland or Scotland too. Not sure if 3k could make it happen or not but would be amazing. May have to reduce the number of rounds played perhaps to stay I budget

I still want to do bandon so that would work with the number version u gave.
I'd love to do Ireland or Scotland too. Not sure if 3k could make it happen or not bit would be amazing.

Brandon as well dude. Want to go so bad

If I had 2k for car, rooming and golf, I'd play several places. I'd start in Florida drive to Hilton head, then Myrtle Beach, then Williamsburg Virginia, Then to Maryland then to Virginia and fly out of Dulles. Lots of good golf in that budget.
Where in Williamsburg? Stonehouse, Royal New Kent?

Yup and Golden horseshoe green and gold and probly the Woods Course at Kingsmill

Play an entire week of golf with THPers in Scotland and Ireland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spend a week in Chicago in The Guantlet. Then buy extra rounds at Cog Hill for THP'ers until the money was gone.

Honestly, I'd just try to get into every THP event I could till all of the money was gone. No joke.

I would love to go to the USA and tee it up with THPers but 3000 wouldn't get me there so another option id love to play Royal Melbourne and even some of the flash courses here in NZ like Jacks point and The Hills.

Bandon Dunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if 3 grand would get it done but right now I'm itching to go to Dominocan Republic to play the Pete Dye courses down there. Caso de campo.

If I'm able, I'm shooting for Cape Breton, NS to Cabot Links, Cabot Cliffs, and Highland Links.

Back