UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Played 18 after work today and can’t say enough about this shaft as it flat out performs for me off the tee. Had always been a shorter hitter off the tee, but have consistently been just behind or even with most of the longer hitters I typically play with as compared to much further behind and usually wayward. Danny really knocked this one out of the park @mancest and @BuckNasty are in for a treat when they get fit.
I couldn’t agree more.

The UST Mamiya Lin-Q Blue combined with the Mizuno STX has a beautiful flight off the tee. Gives you a great feeling of being able to go full swing mode and giving you the feedback and flight you want to feel and see with a premium shaft.

More and more rounds with this shaft makes you realize how great a properly fit shaft can help your game. The distance gained off the tee has made the game much simpler when your hitting shorter irons into the greens and finding the fairway more often. The Lin-q Black is the nicest feeling shaft throughout the swing I’ve ever felt in the driver and makes hitting consistent tee shots more of a expectation rather than the exception.

I put my Lin-Q Purple 6F4 back on my Epic Max LS today and I had my best driving day in a long time.

This shaft is so stable through the swing, that it gives the confidence off the tee that I need.

I put my Lin-Q Purple 6F4 back on my Epic Max LS today and I had my best driving day in a long time.

This shaft is so stable through the swing, that it gives the confidence off the tee that I need.
I heart this shaft. So good

Swing off the tee came back around today and I had one of my best days playing out of if not the fairway definitely nice lies in the first cut. Shaft is such a smooth feeling shaft compared to a few others I had previously tried.

Anyone know the balance point of the blue/purple? Those who have installed it, did it alter your sw?

I'm considering the Lin-Q purple shaft for a Rogue ST Max LS driver. Lots of photos show the "logo up" look re shaft alignment to the head.
Can someone post a photo of the underside of this shaft.....considering a "logo down" shaft alignment. Thanks.

I'm considering the Lin-Q purple shaft for a Rogue ST Max LS driver. Lots of photos show the "logo up" look re shaft alignment to the head.
Can someone post a photo of the underside of this shaft.....considering a "logo down" shaft alignment. Thanks.
I have one but I’m not at home at the moment. I’ll get you a picture.

I have the gunmetal (same logos) but am also not home yet.

Edit: found some on my phone…

BA0FC90F-8FEC-4E7A-B049-ECBFAB45F233.jpeg47F42B3E-9DE7-41B6-A717-ECBEF6A1DCF0.jpeg45D55B79-C081-4D56-AA91-214C7F81C5E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MH
Excellent, thanks very much for the photos. I think the logo up would look best.

Thanks to @KEV I was able to pick one up and can finally try the gunmetal out, heard/read so many good things, excited to see how it compares to the Coool.

Forgot I have a USA themed LIN-Q Gunmetal 6F5 that I need to do something with. It's probably too much shaft for me so selling it makes the most sense. Sucks when practicality wins out. :LOL:

Forgot I have a USA themed LIN-Q Gunmetal 6F5 that I need to do something with. It's probably too much shaft for me so selling it makes the most sense. Sucks when practicality wins out. :LOL:
I miss mine and semi regret selling/not re tipping it for my srixon, at least to try it in that before I sold it. But I hope it's getting some good use now

I am hardcore pondering a Lin-Q 7f4 purple to go in an epic speed 4w... cart way before the horse, as I still have to try the Tensei shaft that it came with, and then possible throw the helium proto in there to see what's what...

Anyone still gaming a Lin-Q purple in a fairway wood? What are your thoughts?

I'm very interested in the Lin-Q M40X TSPX White in Regular flex, but I just can't find one. Any ideas where to look? I need it to have a Callaway tip.

I'm very interested in the Lin-Q M40X TSPX White in Regular flex, but I just can't find one. Any ideas where to look? I need it to have a Callaway tip.
I'm interested in this one also. Not sure it's been released yet.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Fairway finder again yesterday! not big misses and some were just pulled left.

never a long hitter, but need to find some more distance.

yes still on arccos due to subscription. need to rip off the band-aid and set up shot scope.

Screenshot_20220430-111405.jpg

I'm eyeing a shaft on eBay listed as "TSPX Concept M40X Gunmetal." Similar but slightly different graphics to the original Gunmetal. Anyone know anything about this? I'm guessing it was a proto gunmetal profile not released in the new M40X line, but curious if anyone here knew.

67B484DF-F78D-4320-8C01-B19F16066B70.jpegC5690107-7083-4A44-BB7E-29DB017FC217.jpeg6C842741-4485-4F8C-B511-C51ED4B387A7.jpeg

Bumping an old thread, anyone have LIN-Q Purple in fairway wood? If so how is it going? My main concern is going weight and the 7 maybe being too much for me and 6 might make more sense.

Back