UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These gains are crazy!
Are we attributing these to club head, shaft length, or shaft profile?
Some unholy combo of all 3?

Great stuff guys!

Is the proto UST shaft longer than everyone else's gamer shaft?

This is ridiculous! Damn am I jealous right now haha. Serious, dare I say game changing, speed and distance gains here.

Is the proto UST shaft longer than everyone else's gamer shaft?

Not longer for everyone, but it was for several of us. Myself included.

Making a quick stop at the driving range before dinner

Danny just mentioned that hits high on the face typically are the lowest spin while low and heel are high spin. So the goal is sweet spot, but high face misses are the next best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tee it high and let it fly!

Was one type of ball used by all for the fittings or did guys bring in their own gamer brand?

If MPETE accepts any swing advise, today or tomorrow, his instructor has given me permission to tell you that his rate will double. :angel:
This one wasn't about advice, just about the fitting! Hahaha

Was one type of ball used by all for the fittings or did guys bring in their own gamer brand?
Danny had a variety of balls ready to go and one closest to the thpers gamer was used for this.

Good question. We were using the Bridgestone line of golf balls and guys just matched it close to their gamers.

Danny said that on course performance also matters compared to just trackman data. After hitting about 15 balls, I'm seeing a completely different flight compared to at UST. This thing is a beast

Mind blowing info today. Heading home to shower and relax then to dinner

Just caught up on the thread. Great coverage guys! Really like how everyone's ball speed/distance increased.

What a great day at UST. The amount of information is a bit much at the beginning, but it will settle in quickly. The guys got REAL info, straight from the source that makes one heck of a high quality product. Just a fantastic day of learning (swag wasnt bad either :D ) and its just the beginning. Dinner with everybody and UST tonight and then golf tomorrow along with more demo time on the range as Danny will be bringing Recoil and other things out for everybody to hit.

See everybody at 7:30pm.

That was a blast today! I'm going to go waste some time at the PGA superstore before dinner since I've never been to one.

Hit the apex with recoil today. Man they are smooth. UST is onto something with those bad boys that's for sure

Shaft length an issue for ya leading to the off center or just some lefty rust?

Sorry Mike just saw this. Rust. Pulling the ball bad. May hit the range by my parents and work it out a little. Whenever I don't play I start to get big pulls going. The length wasn't really noticeable to me

The one miss on the toe went alot further than I expected. The ion coating in the sun is a thing of beauty.

Attachments

• WP_20150327_15_16_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150327_15_16_37_Pro.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
amazing thread. Jman and everybody killed it with updates on each fitting. Such a motivator for me to get properly fit.

The one miss on the toe went alot further than I expected. The ion coating in the sun is a thing of beauty.
So cool that you guys are taking cuts before dinner! I'm jealous!

3296fc4fde4b3fde97c43a12032ff782.jpg

Looks good in the bag. Can't wait to get it on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back