UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

enjoying the feedback, keep them coming. I’ve loved my smacwraps in the Conra FTs but I must say, these I’ll give a try when they come out for sure

Do any of you like these enough already that you would pay to keep them in your irons if necessary?
Yep. Without a second guess.

For those testing. I’ve seen a couple of you state you are seeing increases in distances. Is this the same for the rest of you?
I have not seen any increase in distance just from changing shafts.

I have not seen any increase in distance just from changing shafts.

Launch changes? I would assume these are more of a high launch shaft?

Launch changes? I would assume these are more of a high launch shaft?
Skimmer alert! 🚨

Haha no not really. I've mentioned a few times mid to mid/high for me

Skimmer alert! 🚨

Haha no not really. I've mentioned a few times mid to mid/high for me

Not skimming, but totally missed it, LOL

How do the shafts perform if you really go after one vs have to take some off of a shot? Feel the same as normal tempo swing?

How do the shafts perform if you really go after one vs have to take some off of a shot? Feel the same as normal tempo swing?
Hopefully more guys jump in here to answer this. I have 3 rounds in the next 4 days so will have even more feedback. What I really enjoy so far is much like having the right driver shaft and by that I mean I feel like I can go after it without losing it and it still feels great whether I'm trying to get a little extra or just a normal swing. Haven't really taken any swings where I needed to take something off it just yet.

130 is a very important yardage for me for Sawgrass reasons.. ;)

There is a decent sized area at my job to hit wedges at. From the divots to the red X is right around 130.
IMG_5324.jpg

I've been hitting this shot with 5 balls for a couple of months. I started off using an 8 iron. Got a better swing grooved and moved up to 9i. Since getting the recoil darts installed I've moved that shot up to PW. Tonight I was 5/5 landing within about 10 foot of the tree. First time that's happened. These shafts are giving me distance, accuracy, and confidence.

(I've only hit the building a couple of times over the past few months. Sshhh, that can be our secret. :ROFLMAO:)

I am playing tomorrow and will try this to be able to answer.

These shafts live up to their name they throw darts! Highlight of the round yesterday was a a 7i from 200 to 6” 😳 for eagle

For those testing. I’ve seen a couple of you state you are seeing increases in distances. Is this the same for the rest of you?

Playing today, I was generally seeing what I'd expect normally, which tells me I'm either getting a little more yardage or my swing speed is back up where it was, as I was about a half to a full club shorter than normal when I checked my 680's right before I reshafted. The ball flight I'm seeing is really super nice to me as well. It's just pretty to my eye, gets up and out there quickly and comes down nicely. Makes me smile every time.

I tried this today, and really felt like they held up to anything I threw at them. Just super stable and smooth whether I really went at it or a nice smooth swing. I do feel like a nice smooth swing is pleasantly rewarded distance wise.

Again, I'm finding myself hella impressed and kind of at a loss for words at how great these feel. Weight is nice for me, decently light, but not so light I feel like I have to adjust for them. Like @jdtox said, they definitely live up to the name. I've always felt pretty comfortable with my irons, but never seen dispersion as tight as this with any shaft I've used. With the dispersion, flight, and feel of these, I really don't care if I don't see increases in distances. They give me a confidence I haven't had in a long time.

Playing today, I was generally seeing what I'd expect normally, which tells me I'm either getting a little more yardage or my swing speed is back up where it was, as I was about a half to a full club shorter than normal when I checked my 680's right before I reshafted. The ball flight I'm seeing is really super nice to me as well. It's just pretty to my eye, gets up and out there quickly and comes down nicely. Makes me smile every time.

I tried this today, and really felt like they held up to anything I threw at them. Just super stable and smooth whether I really went at it or a nice smooth swing. I do feel like a nice smooth swing is pleasantly rewarded distance wise.

Again, I'm finding myself hella impressed and kind of at a loss for words at how great these feel. Weight is nice for me, decently light, but not so light I feel like I have to adjust for them. Like @jdtox said, they definitely live up to the name. I've always felt pretty comfortable with my irons, but never seen dispersion as tight as this with any shaft I've used. With the dispersion, flight, and feel of these, I really don't care if I don't see increases in distances. They give me a confidence I haven't had in a long time.
Great feedback!

After playing with @That post yesterday, I think I need to get a set of these when they're released.

Awesome!

Threw a dart with the DART today. PW from a little over 120 out.
50FF8BFC-2807-4FF9-9B51-49F997BEE1D7.jpeg

Have been thoroughly enjoying these shafts as they look spectacular and feel great in the swing. When the swing is on these have a very great dispersion and seem to stay online to target. Have had some really nice shots into greens so far through some rounds in Ohio that have me extremely happy with their performance. Love the idea of the consistency in the hoop performance within the shaft that adds to the performance of these.

Any of the other testers get out and play this weekend?

I continue to use these in my Forged TEC irons. Played 2 rounds at Dormie Club for the Budget Championship and the comfort level is completely there. Day 1 my swing was feeling good and we played really well. Approach shots were crisp and ball flight was really what I expect. I would call it mid-high, because I am not seeing any that are too low or too high in terms of apex of the flight. Day 2, I struggled with energy and while the irons were not really an issue, I was glad to be in a fairly light weight shaft.

They are not going anywhere for me and I am excited to see where it takes me. My irons are only getting stronger in my game and these seem like a really solid pairing.

I know not everyone is really tied into technology, so if that’s you feel free to ignore this question. Some of us just like to hit and discuss.

What is your interpretation of the DART technology and how do you think it is affecting 1) the feel of the shaft and 2) your dispersion. I have my own preconceived notions, but curious if yours match.

Again, super nerdy question and I don’t expect everyone to have a response.

I know not everyone is really tied into technology, so if that’s you feel free to ignore this question. Some of us just like to hit and discuss.

What is your interpretation of the DART technology and how do you think it is affecting 1) the feel of the shaft and 2) your dispersion. I have my own preconceived notions, but curious if yours match.

I'm not the most technical person when it comes to describing these things, but previous to the DART shaft I played the Recoil SMACWRAPs and while those felt great, the Darts feel great and have definitely helped with dispersion. I'm not a good golfer by any means, but my irons have definitely been the highlight of my year. I haven't lost a bit of distance and when I'm off, I'm not as far offline as I used to be. I just contribute that to this shaft being more stable through the swing. The SMACWRAPs could definitely get lost on me a bit, but I haven't felt that way all year playing the DARTs.

This is a good question and one I have been pondering. I played Recoil Proto 95s for the better part of the last Decade so a switch early on was something that felt different. Tighter would be the best way to describe it, without giving up a balance I have come to like. I think they play a little stiff, but that’s just a personal feel thing because performance has been there for me in spades.

This is a good question and one I have been pondering. I played Recoil Proto 95s for the better part of the last Decade so a switch early on was something that felt different. Tighter would be the best way to describe it, without giving up a balance I have come to like. I think they play a little stiff, but that’s just a personal feel thing because performance has been there for me in spades.

Makes sense. I’m going to wait a bit before I comment my guess from reading the tech sheet.

What weight/flex do you have?

Back