UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Its not uncommon I guess I'm just weird that actual weight doesn't bother me. Last year I played 125g shafts and dropped to these with no issues.

When I had 120g shafts in the same irons I have these in I had a huge left miss and with these shafts at 105g its all but gone. I wonder if the style of iron and the weight combo is playing any sort of factor at least for me.

There are a ton of potential variables other than weight that is for sure. it could totally be something other than static total weight.

After taking a week of for some sunshine I got a few swings in with these at the range last night. I cannot put my finger on what it is that I like so much about these other than I love the way they feel, its completely different than steel. Maybe I can feel a little kick or something? I'm sure its the EI profile of the shaft but whatever it is I'm a huge fan for my swing.

Apologize ... skimmer but ...

Testers ... what do you think of the following compared to your gamer shafts before?
  1. Feel
  2. Distance
  3. Dispersion
  4. Stability
  5. Weight
Just a quick snip-it ... no real detail unless you want to :ROFLMAO:

when the dart become available, i'm thinking one of these needs to happen in my 4 fli hi
It’s happening in mine. Hopefully this weekend. I’ll be sure to post some feedback for ya.

I guess that's what iron shafts are suppose to do??? Now if only we can make putting better :cool: .
I’ll try anything at this point.

Really enjoying your feedback on these everyone. Tighter dispersion is definitely on my want list and these are a great-looking shaft.

Testers ... what do you think of the following compared to your gamer shafts before?
  1. Feel
  2. Distance
  3. Dispersion
  4. Stability
  5. Weight
I had recoil 680's before.

Feel: markedly better. They are so smooth and stable, the feel is remarkable and on of the best things about these. Feel like totally different clubs with these in them.

Distance: i havent seen a difference in distance, but i also have beem struggling with my swing a bit. That said, even as i have struggled i havent seemed to lose any distance in round, so i am hopeful as i right the ship i might see improvements. I dont care if i dont though, love them even without more distance.

Dispersion: seeing better dispersion. Tighter groupings on the range and feeling like less of a left to right spread in general.

Stability: incredibly stable with whatever swing you put on them. Really adds to the difference in feel. With the 680s i could feel like i lost the club head during the swing and i dont get that feeling. I am sure these play a little stiffer, but i really enjoy the smoothness as stability of these.

Weight: i have the 105 f4s. Still feel light to me, but not so much i am bothered at all, as i was with the 680s. I have NS Pro Modus 130s in my other set, and do like the heavier shafts, but with the feel and stability at this weight these are mighty impressive and a nice profile overall. With that, as i *am* getting older, it is probably a smarter choice to play these than the heavier steel shafts for wear and tear on my body.

Impressive all around for me. Like i said before, i didnt expect that much different having the 680s before, but these are definitely different and better in a lot of ways.

If you decide to test new iron shafts, is it best to just go all in or get a 7 iron shaft and test before going all in?

(n)
If you decide to test new iron shafts, is it best to just go all in or get a 7 iron shaft and test before going all in?
How do you test just one? I believe there is a reason the testers all got a set haha

(n)

How do you test just one? I believe there is a reason the testers all got a set haha
Well I have an extra 7 iron I could plug in a dart shaft and hit it against what I currently have in my irons. It would be a 7 MIM tour Dart 105 vs 7 Mim tour Modus 120.

Well I have an extra 7 iron I could plug in a dart shaft and hit it against what I currently have in my irons. It would be a 7 MIM tour Dart 105 vs 7 Mim tour Modus 120.
Well that sounds fun! Thats a perfect head to head comparison. Do it up!

Being someone who has modus 120 stiff in irons I 100% back this idea

This shaft in a 110 F5 is the only reason I haven't went and ordered irons. A wise man sent me in a direction. I heard him, just had to process the info. 225s vs HMP. For my swing @DannyLe since you've seen the best and worst of it, send me in a direction. I'll forget the are hollow if results happen.

This shaft in a 110 F5 is the only reason I haven't went and ordered irons. A wise man sent me in a direction. I heard him, just had to process the info. 225s vs HMP. For my swing @DannyLe since you've seen the best and worst of it, send me in a direction. I'll forget the are hollow if results happen.
I’m obviously not Danny but as a guy infatuated with the 225s but owning 923 HMP. I’ve got to say I love the little extra forgiveness I get from HMP. If you don’t need that then maybe the beauty of 225 wins over for you. Do you have somewhere to go hit both?

I’m obviously not Danny but as a guy infatuated with the 225s but owning 923 HMP. I’ve got to say I love the little extra forgiveness I get from HMP. If you don’t need that then maybe the beauty of 225 wins over for you. Do you have somewhere to go hit both?
Kinda. Takes some manipulation really but I can get it done. Might as well wait a couple months since season is just about done where I live.

Looking forward to more thoughts from the testers. These are firmly in my bag for this upcoming season and the more I hear about them, the more I think they are going to be a very popular option.

Looking forward to more thoughts from the testers. These are firmly in my bag for this upcoming season and the more I hear about them, the more I think they are going to be a very popular option.
After getting to hit Danny’s I am very likely to wait on their release before I buy something. They felt so smooth but firm.

These aren't leaving my irons and when I switch next year they are coming with. They are that good

Look forward to it being a very popular option. Would be curious as to whether or not they’re a standard option like the 75’s or if they are available for upgrade in lineups. The accuracy is what is the most addictive part within these as a whole.

I can’t wait to get my 923s back tonight with the darts installed in them so I can talk about how incredible they are non stop again!

1. Feel
  2. Distance
  3. Dispersion
  4. Stability
  5. Weight

1. feel is fantastic
2. Distance is good - launch slightly higher
3. Dispersion is a hard one to pin down on a shaft. But I struggle some with these I think.
4. For a light shaft I think they pretty stable.
5. Honestly, for me and my taste. I think they are too light.

1. feel is fantastic
2. Distance is good - launch slightly higher
3. Dispersion is a hard one to pin down on a shaft. But I struggle some with these I think.
4. For a light shaft I think they pretty stable.
5. Honestly, for me and my taste. I think they are too light.

Appreciate the feedback. What weight did you receive?

Back