UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I’m basing it on visual ball flight. As I’ve mentioned a few times with the set I’m gaming I’ve been missing left a lot. Since installing these shafts I’ve seen that big left miss essentially reduced to slight draw. I can’t say for sure why exactly… meaning is it a feel thing or the shaft design itself but I’d like to think it’s the shaft design and profile.

Yea, that’s kind of where I’m going with that question. I know you’ve seen a change that (from what I’m inferring) has in many ways changed your overall experience with a set of irons. That’s pretty big imo. I’m curious how others that are seeing dispersion improvements are defining that as well.

Yea, that’s kind of where I’m going with that question. I know you’ve seen a change that (from what I’m inferring) has in many ways changed your overall experience with a set of irons. That’s pretty big imo. I’m curious how others that are seeing dispersion improvements are defining that as well.
Its a really good question. I am not sure I have seen tighter dispersion. The launch monitor says so laterally, but on the course, I am not sure.

Its a really good question. I am not sure I have seen tighter dispersion. The launch monitor says so laterally, but on the course, I am not sure.

Absent a lunch monitor, that’s always been a tough one for me to gauge, especially because I’m never sure if it’s equipment or just good luck. With all the tracking tools out there now, some folks might have a little more luck seeing trends though.

The tech sheet on this line is pretty fantastic and I’m really drawn to the experiences the testers are having. I know I’ll be looking at something graphite again with future iron sets and I have to think what is out there now will blow me away compared to what I have in the bag.

I’m running into a predicament. I really want to put the DARTs in the 923’s but the season is rapidly coming to a close. When I do the switch I won’t have access to any golf clubs for a few days and I don’t want to miss out on any opportunities to play while we still have the weather.

I know it’s a ridiculous ’problem’ but it’s my truth and the reason I haven’t provided any feedback in a while. I’ve got 5 rounds on the HMP’s with Recoil 95 so gathering some good data to compare to the Darts. I just need to bite the bullet and get them installed before the end of the season.

Dispersion on these for myself is they don’t over exasperate a swing, a draw stays just that I don’t worry about hooking one, and as far as my typical heavy fade miss these have made that turn into just a slight fade. Might be a timing and tempo within the shaft but I’m very happy with how I’m able to delivery the ball with consistency.

DE91E6CF-A512-457F-88A3-30830DCFCE34.jpeg75030CBB-5B61-4976-BD35-278A0D754749.jpeg
For a high cap I’ll gladly take it. First swings of the day, for almost a week for that. Starting directly at pin for reference and hitting stock off of that.

892D1EB3-6581-431C-9206-2CC175002BED.jpeg
Accra iseries tour 110i in orange w/Cobra King Forged Tec
Vs.
UST MAMIYA Dart 90 in yellow w/Callaway Rogue ST Pro

Sounds like you all are having a blast with these. What’s been the biggest take away or surprise so far for you all?
Dispersion and feel have been the biggest for me. As I mentioned before, never realized a shaft change could make a difference on dispersion, but clearly it can make quite a difference. I didn't think feel would be as much different as it is for me, coming from playing older model recoils. In my mind though, it's pretty significant, and really nice.

How are you guys evaluating dispersion? For example, is the difference an increase in GIR?
On the range, my left to right dispersion has been greatly shrunk by what I see. On course, I feel like my misses are lessened and things are more consistent. Like, today I was leaving everything left. Not like a big slice, but like missing greens by 1-6 feet, but every club it seemed like it was right in that same range, no big outliers.

Hit the range for a little bit after work and then played a 9 hole par 3 course. I felt a little rushed from the comments made at me when I checked in, but overall it went well. I shot 38...shot bogey on 7 holes and double on 2. Most of that is due to putting with the doubles from bad chips. Like I said, I was missing everything left today, but I wasn't in bad spots. I also ended up in a relatively consistent range from the green (left to right), regardless of club. I did hit the ball a bit further than I expected on 3 different holes that had me surprised. Not a bad thing, just surprised me a bit.

Feel was fantastic as it has been all along. The stability and smoothness is really nice feeling and super enjoyable. It just gives me a great feeling between the feel in hand and the ball flight produced. I continue to be impressed by how these feel and perform.

Appreciate the questions and happy to answer any others I can!!

ED8346EF-B6AF-4261-9080-E2227EB39D9D.jpeg

Accra iseries tour 110i in yellow w/Cobra King Forged Tec
Vs.
UST MAMIYA Dart 90 in orange w/Callaway Rogue ST Pro

I’m running into a predicament. I really want to put the DARTs in the 923’s but the season is rapidly coming to a close. When I do the switch I won’t have access to any golf clubs for a few days and I don’t want to miss out on any opportunities to play while we still have the weather.

I know it’s a ridiculous ’problem’ but it’s my truth and the reason I haven’t provided any feedback in a while. I’ve got 5 rounds on the HMP’s with Recoil 95 so gathering some good data to compare to the Darts. I just need to bite the bullet and get them installed before the end of the season.
I’ll play if the course is open. You can just provide feedback on how they can handle the three quarter knockdown since you’ll have so many layers on!

I enjoyed the feel of these with @Golfers Anonymous tonight. I struggled to adjust to the lighter weight for me, but I really enjoyed the higher launch I was seeing.

Did the increase in launch impact distance for you at all?
It didn’t look like it, maybe a few yards shorter if I squint at numbers but nothing clearly noticeable one way or the other for me

I know these are releasing next year but is there a date yet? Or is it still up in the air?

Should have these in the 923’s by next week so I’ll be able to contribute again. Sorry for the silence for now.

I enjoyed the feel of these with @Golfers Anonymous tonight. I struggled to adjust to the lighter weight for me, but I really enjoyed the higher launch I was seeing.
It's interesting. I wonder if its lighter weight or swing weight that causes the issue. I was able to drop 20g in shaft weight with no issues at all.

when the dart become available, i'm thinking one of these needs to happen in my 4 fli hi

It's interesting. I wonder if its lighter weight or swing weight that causes the issue. I was able to drop 20g in shaft weight with no issues at all.

I also personally am finding that I struggle some with the lighter weight of these.

I had the same kind of spread with the Recoil 95's. I guess it could be swingweight, but this is now several shafts when tested in a lighter weight shaft it just didn't work as well for me. The dispersion seems to be wider with shafts under 100 g for me.

when the dart become available, i'm thinking one of these needs to happen in my 4 fli hi
I've got a 2 utility I think that will get one of these. I put in a shaft to increase launch some but it doesn't feel nearly as good as these do.

I also personally am finding that I struggle some with the lighter weight of these.
Its not uncommon I guess I'm just weird that actual weight doesn't bother me. Last year I played 125g shafts and dropped to these with no issues.

When I had 120g shafts in the same irons I have these in I had a huge left miss and with these shafts at 105g its all but gone. I wonder if the style of iron and the weight combo is playing any sort of factor at least for me.

Love this thread . Having switched from steel to graphite in my irons earlier in the year and liking the switch i look forward to hearing about all the improvements in graphite shafted irons as they become more common. Great job by everyone here with your posts and observations keep em coming.

Back