UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Well my Apex Combo set came in and we have a blizzard coming tomorrow. That sounds like a perfect time to do my first shaft swap and get these Recoils installed!

One thing I've never done, is sent it through the wedges.

Recoils in my irons is def a staple for me......but out of everything the fun is in the wedges for me. I LOVE Recoils in my wedge play and its the last place one would look to switch to. Its addicting almost.

One thing I've never done, is sent it through the wedges.

Having full graphite from driver to wedges? Maybe even putter? That'd be kind of fun.
Oh the wedge Protos are so fun! I need some more!

Recoils are full on in consideration for making the MC bag this year if available. Graphite is something I think needs to happen.

Recoils are full on in consideration for making the MC bag this year if available. Graphite is something I think needs to happen.
Perfect opportunity to try them!!!! I think you would really like them.

Treat yo self! You will never go back

Man, just found this thread today. Definitely going to have to try out @BigDill irons next month to see for myself. Clearly had my head in the sand assuming graphite automatically meant super lightweight and not for me.

It's been a VERY long time since I even considered putting graphite in my irons. Not sure why, just always thought steel first. Might have to play a bit with what a shaft might feel like in an iron.
I currently use graphite in my irons. I don't have them in my wedges though as I never even thought about it. I am definitely looking at these Recoil shafts now!

Man, just found this thread today. Definitely going to have to try out @BigDill irons next month to see for myself. Clearly had my head in the sand assuming graphite automatically meant super lightweight and not for me.
I had some of those same concerns and the 110 prototype shafts have completely dispelled them. In a perfect world, I would have slightly heavier heads or a weight put in to get the club head of my set a bit more weighted and closer to what my P790s felt like. But these shafts have flat performed for me since I had them trimmed down to standard length, and I am playing some of my best golf now.

We need to make sure this happens...trust me!

Another season with recoils in the books and can't wait to game them again next year.

I only took about 40 swings tonight but I think I'm going to love this Apex 19 Combo/Recoil 110 combination. They felt effortless to swing and took an already great feeling club and made it even better.

I’m wondering if the 110 protos would knock some spin off for me and give me a happy medium with my iron play. I still have yet to find anything that feels as good as recoils, but the regular 110’s spin a bit much (granted just about everything does).

I’m wondering if the 110 protos would knock some spin off for me and give me a happy medium with my iron play. I still have yet to find anything that feels as good as recoils, but the regular 110’s spin a bit much (granted just about everything does).
Pop over in the PGA Show thread and ask someone to ask Danny. I am playing them now, and I do not find them to be more spin than the DG105s I was playing previously.

I only took about 40 swings tonight but I think I'm going to love this Apex 19 Combo/Recoil 110 combination. They felt effortless to swing and took an already great feeling club and made it even better.
Love that you are rocking the 110's now and I totally agree with how they can improve the feel. :love:

Reactions: KEV
Have the 760 es variant in my wedges, and love them. In the market for a new set of irons and looking at MP20 HMBs. Mizuno offers them with graphite choices of recoil esx 450/460 or recoil 95. The clubs get just a tad heavier than I’m used to with a 105 gram shaft, so I’m thinking dropping all the way back to an esx 460 would make them too light, so i was looking at the recoil 95. It kind of bothers me that I’ll have different shafts than my wedges which I love... I’d like to get 780 es shafts with these new irons, but maybe I’m just being too picky. Can anyone speak to the differences between a recoil 95 shaft and a recoil 780es shaft?

780 es smacwrap in my Srixon 785 irons. unreal how great they feel every time I hit them. Even Johnny miller himself would have difficulty criticizing them.

780 es smacwrap in my Srixon 785 irons. unreal how great they feel every time I hit them. Even Johnny miller himself would have difficulty criticizing them.
sounds like they are loading perfectly for you!!

Love the iron selection as well. Strong.

Back