UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

I swing a set of Recoil 95 Protos in F4 and find they have better feel, more control and, better damping effect for my wrist and elbows than the 105 steel I came out of. These are in a set of Mizuno 919F irons.
View attachment 8978461

These are some of the best Recoils i've ever seen made for THP. So jealous of these.

These in a set of Hot Metal Pros from Mizuno is pre bliss

Everyone I see these, I just sit and stare at the pic. Probably the best looking shaft I’ve ever seen.
Completely agree, that design is fabulous

Theses are so good. Recoil Proto and wedge Proto are revolutionizing my golf game. Watch out 2021.

I have been waiting for a set a srixons to throw in mine, but the HMP is definitely on my radar.

I have been waiting for a set a srixons to throw in mine, but the HMP is definitely on my radar.
After a year with the Hogan’s I wonder what I’ll put in mine??? Or leave them as is. 🤔

After a year with the Hogan’s I wonder what I’ll put in mine??? Or leave them as is. 🤔
My Hogan’s will stay in my set. I am building a third (!) set, as my good friend decided to “borrow” my Forged Tec / 110 Proto set that I built after playing them one afternoon. But man, these shafts are phenomenal.

My Hogan’s will stay in my set. I am building a third (!) set, as my good friend decided to “borrow” my Forged Tec / 110 Proto set that I built after playing them one afternoon. But man, these shafts are phenomenal.
I’m ruined. I’ll be buying recoil Proto’s for a very long time.

thanks @DannyLe and @JB

Ive played recoils in a lot of sets, and the combo of these in the 921 HMP and forged are such a good fit/feel.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
For those playing Recoil 95 in their irons, what shaft are you using in your wedges? I have a set of new irons coming with 95 F4, and was wondering what I should put into my Vokey SM8s

For those playing Recoil 95 in their irons, what shaft are you using in your wedges? I have a set of new irons coming with 95 F4, and was wondering what I should put into my Vokey SM8s
I play the Recoil wedge Protos in my wedges

I play the Recoil 95 F3 in my irons and the Recoil Protos in wedges. If I change my irons this year though I am going slightly stiffer in my irons though.

I am currently playing Recoil 110 Protos F4, and have a set of Recoil Wedge Protos F4 in my three specialty wedges. The general belief is that the wedge shafts should be slightly heavier than your iron shaft. Some recommend going down one flex, but I am not a fan of that approach. Before I was playing the wedge Protos, I played DG S300 wedge shafts, and DG spinners.

I'm playing Recoil 95 Proto F4s in my irons and standard Recoil 95 F4s in my wedges. I like the feel of the same weight shaft in all the clubs and the control offered by the F4 flex.

Thanks to all for the feedback! Looks like there are two approaches here: same weight in the wedge and iron shafts, and the other is going heavier in wedges. Just wasn’t sure if jumping from 95 in irons to 11x in wedges would be too big of a difference

Thanks to all for the feedback! Looks like there are two approaches here: same weight in the wedge and iron shafts, and the other is going heavier in wedges. Just wasn’t sure if jumping from 95 in irons to 11x in wedges would be too big of a difference
Personally I think it would be fine. I’m about to add a set of Recoil 95s to my inventory with the Srixon ZX5/7 combo set I ordered, and will still play the wedge proto shafts. Once I get that going I should be able to give you more insight. But I think it would be fine.

When I first got fit at UST I went 110 in the irons and 125s in the wedges. Felt like I got more control as i wasn't trying to gain distance with the wedges.

Personally I think it would be fine. I’m about to add a set of Recoil 95s to my inventory with the Srixon ZX5/7 combo set I ordered, and will still play the wedge proto shafts. Once I get that going I should be able to give you more insight. But I think it would be fine.

Sounds good! Think we probably saw each other post in the ZX5/7 thread, but those are the exact same irons I have coming. Would love to hear what you think, as I’ll keep the PX LZ in my wedges for the time being.

Patrick Reed had the Recoil Proto 85 F5 in his Callaway Apex hybrid.

Slapped a hybo proto into a utility last night, forgot I even had the thing....whoops.... :ROFLMAO:

Slapped a hybo proto into a utility last night, forgot I even had the thing....whoops.... :ROFLMAO:

Interestingly enough, I have the opposite. Recoil Proto Utility shaft in my hybrid. Thing works like a charm. 95F5.

Interestingly enough, I have the opposite. Recoil Proto Utility shaft in my hybrid. Thing works like a charm. 95F5.
Hahahaha, hey, if it works it works! I went 8F5 in the X UT. I’m exciiiiiiited!

Hahahaha, hey, if it works it works! I went 8F5 in the X UT. I’m exciiiiiiited!
I think it goes to show how good the recoils are that they work for so many different swings and in so many ways.

Back