UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

really need the smacwrap in my life this year. i have it in my 2iron and its just soooo good. Need to introduce it to the rest of the bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

really need the smacwrap in my life this year. i have it in my 2iron and its just soooo good. Need to introduce it to the rest of the bag

you are wayyyyyy behind brother. you will wonder why you didn't do this much sooner. trust me

you are wayyyyyy behind brother. you will wonder why you didn't do this much sooner. trust me

ya just gotta do it. too many positive comments from all you guys that ive met and playwd with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bumping this. I just ordered a 4-PW set of 110 F5. I’ve had interest for some time and got tired of no fitting options. I hate whining, so it was time for action. I plan to get new irons this year, so popping these into my current irons will be a nice test. I will give these recoils some time and put the iron search on simmer for awhile.

Bumping this. I just ordered a 4-PW set of 110 F5. I’ve had interest for some time and got tired of no fitting options. I hate whining, so it was time for action. I plan to get new irons this year, so popping these into my current irons will be a nice test. I will give these recoils some time and put the iron search on simmer for awhile.

You’re going to be in love.

What shafts are you coming from?

@GoldenBuff, look forward. Pics or it isn't happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nippon modus3 tour 105X.

I think you'll enjoy those a lot! The feel is superb and they produce piercing flights. I can't wait to make my way into a set of Protos.

I think you'll enjoy those a lot! The feel is superb and they produce piercing flights. I can't wait to make my way into a set of Protos.

Thanks. I'm excited to try these. It is step one in my own personal "shaft up." I plan to get new irons sometime this year as well. If the Recoils settle in for me, I should have a better idea of what will work for me in the lineup. I see the 110's as a baseline, and they may in themselves be exactly what I need. IDK. I nearly picked up 125 F5 prototypes from a guy at WRX, but decided to keep the weight similar to what I have played in my current irons. The 110's were also priced nicely. ;) I have learned that I prefer heavier shafts, but no idea if that will translate to graphite. There are benefits to lighter shafts too. The only recoil experience I have is hitting a few shots with a local course pro's apex19 combo set. He has F3 95s I think. That was not a great match for me, but they held up better than I expected. The feel was very good, much better than I expected.

Thanks. I'm excited to try these. It is step one in my own personal "shaft up." I plan to get new irons sometime this year as well. If the Recoils settle in for me, I should have a better idea of what will work for me in the lineup. I see the 110's as a baseline, and they may in themselves be exactly what I need. IDK. I nearly picked up 125 F5 prototypes from a guy at WRX, but decided to keep the weight similar to what I have played in my current irons. The 110's were also priced nicely. ;) I have learned that I prefer heavier shafts, but no idea if that will translate to graphite. There are benefits to lighter shafts too. The only recoil experience I have is hitting a few shots with a local course pro's apex19 combo set. He has F3 95s I think. That was not a great match for me, but they held up better than I expected. The feel was very good, much better than I expected.

As someone coming from the 125's into the 110's, I can tell you there is a difference but the heavier weight is really geared toward those with aggressive transitions. For me, as I've worked on smoothing the transition and driving from the ground, the over the top is disappearing and the speed happens closer to impact rather than from the top. Because of that, the 110s fee great right now. I'm going to find a set somehow.

I have learned that I prefer heavier shafts, but no idea if that will translate to graphite.
I previously played KBS 120 C-Tapers. @DannyLe put me in the Proto 110s. I did not notice a weight difference then and can't say I notice it now. I guess the 10 gram reduction wasn't enough for me, and perhaps others, to discern.

What should I put the gold THP 95 Proto shafts in?

Cobra King Forged Tec heads.
It’s a possibility. I was thinking the 110’s I have in the extras would land there. Maybe lighter would be a fun experiment this year.

Getting way ahead of myself ... what wedge shafts do you use with recoil in your irons?
There are a few responses in the RTX4 wedge thread, and I have been thinking about this myself. If you have any questions, this weekend would be a great time to ask them since we can get those answers from Danny directly. I plan on asking a few along this topic myself.

Getting way ahead of myself ... what wedge shafts do you use with recoil in your irons?
I’ve gone both ways. I’ve played recoils (lighter and heavier than iron shafts) and I’ve also stayed with steel there. Cliche answer but it’s personal preference.

Since I switched from steel to the Recoils I have had zero issues with the pains in my elbow. It is definitely worth a look. I will never go back to steel.

That was my experience too. Looking forward to having the Recoil 95s in my bag this year!

When they did my fitting at TheGrandaddy, fitter said go same shaft all the way thru to the wedges. Only thing he changed was went D2 in wedges for the extra heft in the head.
There is a certain comfort level but also I generally refer heavier wedges Just something you have to play with a bit.

Did they just add weight in the head to get them to D2? What swing weight do you have in the irons? (And are they same swing weight as your Srixons? Asking for a friend)

That was my experience too. Looking forward to having the Recoil 95s in my bag this year!

Did they just add weight in the head to get them to D2? What swing weight do you have in the irons? (And are they same swing weight as your Srixons? Asking for a friend)
My irons are all D0. Not sure how they did the wedges to get to D2 but you can feel the small bit of extra heft to them. I believe yes they should be the same weight.

My irons are all D0. Not sure how they did the wedges to get to D2 but you can feel the small bit of extra heft to them. I believe yes they should be the same weight.
They would have used tip weights. 4g for 2 points.

I've got the Proto 110s coming in 50, 54 and 58 Hogan wedges. The last steel shafts in the bag are being benched.

Many thanks to @BHGtylerb and @DannyLe for making it happen.

This is just one more way THP is so f'n amazing. How many places offer the chance to meet and talk golf and then work with some of the best guys in the industry.

I've got the Proto 110s coming in 50, 54 and 58 Hogan wedges. The last steel shafts in the bag are being benched.

Many thanks to @BHGtylerb and @DannyLe for making it happen.

This is just one more way THP is so f'n amazing. How many places offer the chance to meet and talk golf and then work with some of the best guys in the industry.
Looking forward to seeing how those play for you.

Back