Valspar Championship (Tampa) comes to town

I work for Valspar, last year one of our salesmen at my site, caddied for a client in the pro-am, he said he had a blast. I've been trying to get them to have a lottery of sorts to have an employee from each division a chance to play in the pro-am, I even volunteered to be the first one.....didn't take. We did get shirt!

Spieth not going out very strong.

And fantasy golf has officially started!

Holy crap I suck at picking fantasy golf. Half of my team is holding up the bottom of the leaderboard.

I've only got 2 on the course right now, Haas and Spieth. I went back and forth on putting Spieth in, hope he turns it around.

You'd swear Spieth made a switch to Nike equipment based on his recent play.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Odd that I was looking right at Keegan and Stricker and talked myself out of both of them. Keegan's had no sustainable form, and Stricker is quasi retired so how would he play?

Yeah, thanks logic.

I picked stricker, but didnt pick Keegan. I honestly looked at him at least 4 times and talked myself out of him every time.

I only went with 8 guys because I loved my team so much. Half of them are on the course. Of those, none are under par. WooHoo, another fabulous start to fantasy golf :alien:

Odd that I was looking right at Keegan and Stricker and talked myself out of both of them. Keegan's had no sustainable form, and Stricker is quasi retired so how would he play?

Yeah, thanks logic.

I was right there with you. Then I said Keegan who and plopped in Speith. That worked out well.

And O'Hair WD. Glad I picked him for my fantasy lineup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

At least I wasn't the only one...

These greens are really slow

Yeah, thanks logic.

If tournaments finished on Friday last year I probably would have won. Unfortunately they have to play the weekend.

Man Spieth is a mess right now. Wasted $635 on him. Shocked that Keegs is in the lead

These greens are really slow
Yep, the pros were expected to destroy the course this weekend with how slow the greens are. Doesn't look to be happening so far.

Yep, the pros were expected to destroy the course this weekend with how slow the greens are. Doesn't look to be happening so far.
pretty sure they prefer slightly faster than 10.5, plus the greens are new and hard so that makes them difficult combined with leaving every other putt short.

pretty sure they prefer slightly faster than 10.5, plus the greens are new and hard so that makes them difficult combined with leaving every other putt short.

Im not so sure about that...Every pro I have ever talked to LOVES 10.5 speed. Then again, I think people over estimate green speed in relation to real speed. These greens are rolling plenty fast, and down grain they are crazy fast right now.

I was just going off the press release saying they were aiming at 11 then saying they were a touch slower than they want.

Check out Duke going full on Mward.

Anyone else liking Justin Leonard on the mic?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Check out Duke going full on Mward.

A- execution.

Me too. I swore off him about 3 years ago and now it may be 3 more before I pick him again. lol

Last year I always seem to have 3-4 guys at the top for my fantasy team at the end of day 1 and 2 and then down the tubes they went. I'm hoping this year is the opposite :)

On that note, when I look at my fantasy golf scoreboard, 3 of my guys still haven't teed off.... at first I thought they withdrew or something but I guess the scoring is just behind.

Looking forward to some golf watching this evening while I try to make 2 balls at once....

Kuch just hit a beauty.

Back