Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

This device and the practice mode delivered big for me this weekend for my wedge play. I hit 5 wedge shots close to the pin, haven't had that much accuracy ever. Now if only I could learn to putt I could be deadly.

Also about the battery life, I'm still on my first set of AAA's that came in the box and I've been using this for a couple weeks. Way better battery life than I expected.

This device and the practice mode delivered big for me this weekend for my wedge play. I hit 5 wedge shots close to the pin, haven't had that much accuracy ever. Now if only I could learn to putt I could be deadly.

Also about the battery life, I'm still on my first set of AAA's that came in the box and I've been using this for a couple weeks. Way better battery life than I expected.

Thanks, good to know.

ES14 also uses an equation to "estimate" those rather than actually measuring them.

JMan: Now THAT is some good information. Thank you. No ES14 for me. The price wasn't such a big deal. Inaccurate data is.

Dumb question, but is there any < $1000 option that can tell you about face angle and yards off center? The reason I ask is because while the range is one use case, my biggest one is really to use this at home in a net.

JMan: Now THAT is some good information. Thank you. No ES14 for me. The price wasn't such a big deal. Inaccurate data is.

Dumb question, but is there any < $1000 option that can tell you about face angle and yards off center? The reason I ask is because while the range is one use case, my biggest one is really to use this at home in a net.

Yep, that immediately kinda dropped my interest in the ES14 as well when I found that out.

Not that I know of dude. I imagine as tech gets better we are getting closer to that, but not at the moment.

I got mine a week ago and have used it once...im finding the SS extremely accurate (based off my time with GC2's at Golfsmith and the Superstore), the yardages (at least for me) are somewhat off on the short side....it is way cool, still need to play around with placement of the unit to see if anything changes.....I wish it was backlit, as I usually go at night to the range during the week and I have to bend down and look real close to get the numbers....I think a wifi app (like the ES 12/14) would work really well as well as store practice sessions....once you turn off your VC it clears

I took the plunge and picked one up. I'm excited to see how this does out at the range.

Also, I'm thinking of pairing this up with a mat and a net for home usage. Is there a net out there that lets one get a sense of ball flight? Distance is one thing, but I kind of need to know if I'm hitting it way right or left.

I took the plunge and picked one up. I'm excited to see how this does out at the range.

Also, I'm thinking of pairing this up with a mat and a net for home usage. Is there a net out there that lets one get a sense of ball flight? Distance is one thing, but I kind of need to know if I'm hitting it way right or left.

Net return works pretty well for this. http://www.thenetreturn.com/ gives you a bit of spin info on the return and wide enough to see where you are hitting the net.

I got mine in the mail today and promptly went to the range. Overall, I really like it. About 99% of the time I found it to be very accurate. But about 1% of the time it was like it completely missed the reading or something. A small number of times I hit consecutive balls with the same iron - one noticeably flew beyond the 147 flag, the other flew noticeably short (yes, I've got skills) - and the reading was exactly the same. Also, it was clearly not measuring my PW properly (it would fly well past the 130 marker and I'd get 125 type readings). I wasn't digging that and I don't understand why it was happening.

But those issues were clearly the exceptions to the rule. I really loved getting the SS and smash factor readings. I started to see that the SS reading was providing more meaningful feedback than the carry yardage. I would tinker with my swing for common swing flaws and see SS kick up a few notches; when I got loose with my swing and tried to kill it I would immediately see the opposite. It was great reinforcement about some fundamentals and sequencing the swing properly. Smash factor has me wondering if I don't have the R1 set up properly. My driver SS was 95mph, my smash factor was 1.48. My avg distance was 243. There were some dogs in there that bring the average down, but overall I'm wondering.

I'm anxious to spend more time with this. I hope I can 100% dial in my Pelz swing distances. I didn't try the two practice modes, just spent time using it for full swings. I highly suspect those modes will be awesome and really improve the way I practice.

Here are the numbers I got today:

PW - 124 yds, 79 mph SS, 96 mph BS, 1.21 SF
9i - 141 yds, 81 mph SS, 104 mph BS, 1.26 SF
8i - 149 yds, 81 mph SS, 106 mph BS, 1.30 SF
7i - 161 yds, 87 mph SS, 115 mph BS, 1.32 SF
D - 243 yds, 95 mph SS, 142 mph BS, 1.48 SF

Last edited:
I got mine in the mail today and promptly went to the range. Overall, I really like it. About 99% of the time I found it to be very accurate. But about 1% of the time it was like it completely missed the reading or something. A small number of times I hit consecutive balls with the same iron - one noticeably flew beyond the 147 flag, the other flew noticeably short (yes, I've got skills) - and the reading was exactly the same. Also, it was clearly not measuring my PW properly (it would fly well past the 130 marker and I'd get 125 type readings). I wasn't digging that and I don't understand why it was happening.

But those issues were clearly the exceptions to the rule. I really loved was getting the SS and smash factor readings. I started to see that the SS reading was providing more meaningful feedback than the carry yardage. I would tinker with my swing for common swing flaws and see SS kick up a few notches; when I got loose with my swing and tried to kill it I would immediately see the opposite. It was great reinforcement about some fundamentals and sequencing the swing properly. Smash factor has me wondering if I don't have the R1 set up properly. My driver SS was 95mph, my smash factor was 1.48. My avg distance was 243. There were some dogs in there that bring the average down, but overall I'm wondering.

I'm anxious to spend more time with this. I hope I can 100% dial in my Pelz swing distances. I didn't try the two practice modes, just spent time using it for full swings. I highly suspect those modes will be awesome and really improve the way I practice.

Frank, can you bring this with you when we play in a few weeks. I would like to see if it works for me.

But those issues were clearly the exceptions to the rule. I really loved was getting the SS and smash factor readings. I started to see that the SS reading was providing more meaningful feedback than the carry yardage. I would tinker with my swing for common swing flaws and see SS kick up a few notches; when I got loose with my swing and tried to kill it I would immediately see the opposite. It was great reinforcement about some fundamentals and sequencing the swing properly. Smash factor has me wondering if I don't have the R1 set up properly. My driver SS was 95mph, my smash factor was 1.48. My avg distance was 243. There were some dogs in there that bring the average down, but overall I'm wondering.

Rememeber, it doesn't take into effect things like wind, altitude, etc, those variables aren't calculated in.

I forgot to mention ... the unit is just barely bigger than my i-phone 5.

Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

I forgot to mention ... the unit is just barely bigger than my i-phone 5.

You must use an otter box! hahaha

Last edited:
Having one of these would be great for comparing clubs at places where there is no LM, which is pretty much everywhere around here except at the big box stores.

Offer submitted.

Having one of these would be great for comparing clubs at places where there is no LM, which is pretty much everywhere around here except at the big box stores.

That is a REALLY good point.

I think people that like the thought of this device will want to pay attention to THP later this morning...:D

Can't believe I didn't do a comparison with this and the GC2 this past weekend. Perfect opportunity to use both on the same swing and note any number discrepancies.

I'm an idiot.

Did someone say "signature quote"? :)

I'm on my phone but I'm sure another mod would gladly make that change for me.

Whomever wins one of these is a lucky! Looking forward to my range session after work - this just makes it more enjoyable.

I'm on my phone but I'm sure another mod would gladly make that change for me.

Whomever wins one of these is a lucky! Looking forward to my range session after work - this just makes it more enjoyable.

It honestly does, I compete with myself on it w/ the scoring/practice mode. I adore it.

Back