Week 12 - THP Fantasy Football Leagues

I am up for deals in league 4.

wish I had someone to trade, all I got is a spare kicker still for some reason

Woke up to two pretty lop sided trades in league 1. I guess it's still ok to trade with a 0-11 team?

Woke up to two pretty lop sided trades in league 1. I guess it's still ok to trade with a 0-11 team?

I didnt deem either of those trades lopsided to see ill intent. I do monitor every single trade to see the value from both sides.

Wake up earlier and make some offers

Wake up earlier and make some offers

Nah, I consider it bad taste and bad fantasy karma to trade with teams that are completely out of it and have nothing to gain from me trading with them.

I have no idea what the heck to do with Langford and Forte this week. The Chicago Tribune says Forte is coming back this week, but to what capacity? Do I dare play either of them, or do I put someone like Sproles in that spot instead? It's hard to play Sproles over one of those guys, but it's a guessing game on who will have the better game.

Well I hope the teams that struggle stay in the fight till the end and not roll over to let teams on the bubble make the playoffs.

I have no idea what the heck to do with Langford and Forte this week. The Chicago Tribune says Forte is coming back this week, but to what capacity? Do I dare play either of them, or do I put someone like Sproles in that spot instead? It's hard to play Sproles over one of those guys, but it's a guessing game on who will have the better game.
Forte is on a contract year, if he is healthy he is going to play hard!

Well I hope the teams that struggle stay in the fight till the end and not roll over to let teams on the bubble make the playoffs.

Without question. Spoiler is a tag that once you miss the playoffs, should be worn with pride.

Nah, I consider it bad taste and bad fantasy karma to trade with teams that are completely out of it and have nothing to gain from me trading with them.

Why? Should teams not try to improve regardless of standing?

I just don't know how much playing time they will give him for his first game back in 3 weeks.

I've got Langford and not a chance I'm playing him this week. So that means you should because he'll put up 18 or so

Why? Should teams not try to improve regardless of standing?

Upsets the competitive balance of the league when the top dogs are trading with the bottom dwellers. If you are on the bottom you should continue to make lineup moves and waiver additions but not any trades. This is all IMO of course.

Upsets the competitive balance of the league when the top dogs are trading with the bottom dwellers. If you are on the bottom you should continue to make lineup moves and waiver additions but not any trades. This is all IMO of course.

Honest question. In the NFL, do you think a team should not trade if they are in the cellar and outside the playoffs looking in?

Honest question. In the NFL, do you think a team should not trade if they are in the cellar and outside the playoffs looking in?

This is a bit different, because it isn't a dynasty league. We are only operating on one season, but regardless, I 100% agree. Having bottom teams only making waiver moves is crazy IMO... If they have a chance to make themselves better, and play spoiler they should.

No, they should be trying to improve their rosters but that's a different scenario. That kind of scenario would be akin to a dynasty or keeper league. Often times in those leagues, teams that are out of it will make trades for the future and teams that want to win now will mortgage draft picks and etc to win it all this year.

oddly enough, the trade I made today was one that I received out of the blue. Apparently that person thought they were making their team better.

This is a bit different, because it isn't a dynasty league. We are only operating on one season, but regardless, I 100% agree. Having bottom teams only making waiver moves is crazy IMO... If they have a chance to make themselves better, and play spoiler they should.

I think if you don't let teams make those moves, you can end up with an even worse case, where someone just stops setting their rosters and you've got teams putting up 35 points in a week that has a ton of byes for them. Sometimes playing spoiler can be fun.

Thank goodness im a numbers guy.. takes perceived "value" out of the equation

No, they should be trying to improve their rosters but that's a different scenario. That kind of scenario would be akin to a dynasty or keeper league. Often times in those leagues, teams that are out of it will make trades for the future and teams that want to win now will mortgage draft picks and etc to win it all this year.

I dont disagree that there is a difference, however with contracts being last years there is not always as much difference as its laid out. I believe every team should make moves (if they deem necessary) to give themselves the best chance to win each and every week.

If not, you might as well shorten the season or eliminate trading altogether. If trades were not analyzed by a third party (not participating), then I could understand since collusion and ill intent can come up. But in each of the cases where questions were raised, there does not appear to be any of that at all.

However with people questioning it, perhaps next year we implement a trade deadline at week 7 in some leagues where people have issue that way both items are offered to those that want it.

I think if you don't let teams make those moves, you can end up with an even worse case, where someone just stops setting their rosters and you've got teams putting up 35 points in a week that has a ton of byes for them. Sometimes playing spoiler can be fun.

I 100% agree.

I like trading open all year. Every team should be trying to improve every week. I'd like to see some type reward for winning each week. I know that's a major headache for JB and GG but it keeps people playing all year since something is on the line every week

Back