Welcome to Wrexham (on FX)

heard a rumor that Kelly Ripa and her husband are looking to buy a team now...

heard a rumor that Kelly Ripa and her husband are looking to buy a team now...
Hopefully it goes better than Mike Piazza’s foray into team ownership.

Got Lurie and Sirianni on the show, that’s awesome!

I hope they will start broadcasting the games over here. If I read correctly, there's an effort by RR and RE to try and make that happen.

On episode 17 right now. Sort of forgot to keep up with it even though I really like the show hahaha

the womansplaining in this episode is hilarious

Wrexham financial statements are out. Just posting hyperlink as they may cover this on the show in the future.

Wrexham financial statements are out. Just posting hyperlink as they may cover this on the show in the future.
I'm not sure anyone owns a sports team for the purpose of making money (unless you are the Brown family and owning the Bengals IS the family business) and most actually lose money. I think they did cover the costs of running this team at a high level in season 1.

Sports teams are always play things for rich people. If anyone gets into sports ownership to actually make money they'll learn a hard lesson. However the investments they are doing are a risk to get this team to move up and create more revenue. They are getting a huge level of exposure for their league but they do have limitations by their size so investing to increase stadium capacity is smart in the long run. It will be a long road to the Premier League but even if they can get them to League One or the Championship over the course of some years they could still sell for a profit. Taking yearly losses like that and not advancing out of the National League would be a real disaster.

I'm not sure anyone owns a sports team for the purpose of making money (unless you are the Brown family and owning the Bengals IS the family business) and most actually lose money. I think they did cover the costs of running this team at a high level in season 1.

Sports teams are always play things for rich people. If anyone gets into sports ownership to actually make money they'll learn a hard lesson. However the investments they are doing are a risk to get this team to move up and create more revenue. They are getting a huge level of exposure for their league but they do have limitations by their size so investing to increase stadium capacity is smart in the long run. It will be a long road to the Premier League but even if they can get them to League One or the Championship over the course of some years they could still sell for a profit. Taking yearly losses like that and not advancing out of the National League would be a real disaster.
In great position to get that first promotion! Would also be curious to know how their Hollywood/Wrexham endeavors hit that income statement.

In great position to get that first promotion! Would also be curious to know how their Hollywood/Wrexham endeavors hit that income statement.
For real.

They can certainly increase merchandise sales when they can negotiate bigger deals. Their shirts sell out instantly. I'm sure their team shop is a very tiny operation right now I'd love to own one if I could actually get one. If they can get a shirt deal with Adidas or a large company like that it would be much easier to expand that reach. TV coverage will be huge if the get into the EFL. They will still get way more USA TV exposure than any other team in League Two if that turns into real dollars for the team with the potential new deal for the lower EFL teams to get more games on TV.

Huge win on Monday for Wrexham against the team tied with them for the 1 automatic promotion spot!

3 point lead with a game in hand is huge.

That is awesome, I kind of hope they keep the show going. How cool would it be for them to keep moving up?

This is awesome!

Finally finished the first season, can’t wait until the next! The show is so well done.

“Sunderland till l die “
I watched this show several years ago about lower English division team …

Brilliantly honest and brutal insight into what it means for a local town and supporters ….

well worth watching ( no tinsel just raw story )

“Sunderland till l die “

Brilliantly honest and brutal insight into what it means for a local town and supporters ….

Haven’t seen that one, but was recommended to me. It was also cited as part of the inspiration for Rob and Ryan’s purchase of Wrexham.

“Sunderland till l die “

Haven’t seen that one, but was recommended to me. It was also cited as part of the inspiration for Rob and Ryan’s purchase of Wrexham.
I've never finished it but that show followed Sunderland during their dark times. The opposite of the current Wrexham story.

Over the course of 3 consecutive seasons, Sunderland dropped from the Premier League all the way down to League One. The first season was following them in the Championship after being relegated from the Premier League and saw them get relegated to League One.

As it stands right now, Sunderland is back in the Championship and in a position to possibly win back promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs.

I've never finished it but that show followed Sunderland during their dark times. The opposite of the current Wrexham story.

Over the course of 3 consecutive seasons, Sunderland dropped from the Premier League all the way down to League One. The first season was following them in the Championship after being relegated from the Premier League and saw them get relegated to League One.

As it stands right now, Sunderland is back in the Championship and in a position to possibly win back promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs.
It shows the fortunes of the club and how it affects the people who are connected emotionally …. Sort of - a snapshot of every club in every sport around the world how much it means to many from local levels , to the élite competition level.

Biggest question for Season 2 - will Phil Parkinson expand his vocabulary? The man drops nearly as many F-bombs as Paul Mullin scores goals!

Mrs. DGA3 and I watched the entire series last year and loved it.

Can't wait for season two.

When does it come out?

Back