Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

WOW it hit 70* here today got out & played 1st time since 1st of Nov. scored bad (96) but driver & irons not too bad. chippin sucks. lol

Even a bad day golfing is a good day all in all buddy. Glad to hear you were able to get out.

It was up into the mid 60's here yesterday and I had to work :at-wits-end:

Not sure what the temp was here, but way nice here. No golf for me either, even if I wasn't working we still have ton's of snow on the ground. Temps are droping back a bit each day forcasted with snow Monday and Tuesday and a high Tues of 7*, lol. Calgon, please take me away!

Even a bad day golfing is a good day all in all buddy. Glad to hear you were able to get out.

Not sure what the temp was here, but way nice here. No golf for me either, even if I wasn't working we still have ton's of snow on the ground. Temps are droping back a bit each day forcasted with snow Monday and Tuesday and a high Tues of 7*, lol. Calgon, please take me away!

Hope Tuesday is the only day as I am doing a day trip up to Omaha on Wednesday. In town at 1PM then leaving around 8 or 8:30 for KC.

Hope Tuesday is the only day as I am doing a day trip up to Omaha on Wednesday. In town at 1PM then leaving around 8 or 8:30 for KC.

Yeah, Wednesday should be good unless this new deepfreeze stalls on us. They are calling for a balmy 11* on Wednesday, lol.

Yeah, Wednesday should be good unless this new deepfreeze stalls on us. They are calling for a balmy 11* on Wednesday, lol.

Tuesday our predicted high is 3°. So much for the nice break from winter. :banghead:

Lol, winter has a way of doing that.

Was cold enough this morning that my fingers stuck to my Stainless Steel travel mug. Had to go in the house and run it under warm water to release my fingers :angry:

Was cold enough this morning that my fingers stuck to my Stainless Steel travel mug. Had to go in the house and run it under warm water to release my fingers :angry:

Try licking the steel handle on your snow shovel. It keeps your tongue warm! :D

Last edited:
Try licking the stell handle on your snow shovel. It keeps your tongue warm! :D

I haven't touched a snow shovel since my daughter hit 14 But I'll be sure to suggest it to her :D

Anyone else going to the Denver Golf Expo the weekend of the 11th?

Nah, but thinkin of doing the 1 in KC. Sat. 19th

Anyone else going to the Denver Golf Expo the weekend of the 11th?

Not going this year. I'm not in the market for anything, so I just don't see any reason to drive all the way across town, then pay admission if I don't have a particular reason for it.

Not going this year. I'm not in the market for anything, so I just don't see any reason to drive all the way across town, then pay admission if I don't have a particular reason for it.

I'm planning on buying new irons in the next month or 2 so I want to check out whats available. The free stuff you get with admission makes it worth the $10 to get in. And the best mexican restaurant in colorado is across the street from the merchandise mart

I was planning on attending probably Friday. I agree that the $10 ticket price is worth that and then some from the freebies. Also, I'd like to get my annual Colorado Avid Golf Card too...

Which day are you attending Ron?

I was planning on attending probably Friday. I agree that the $10 ticket price is worth that and then some from the freebies. Also, I'd like to get my annual Colorado Avid Golf Card too...

Which day are you attending Ron?

I'm going out Saturday. Since I'm planning on buying new irons in the next month or so, I want to have plenty of time to try out the sets I'm interested in.

myself gabuzo and too hottie are going along with another friend on Sunday. we go every year and after that we hit GG or GS and then my cigar store and then head home. Makes it a long and fun guys day to get out and start getting back into the groove.

myself gabuzo and too hottie are going along with another friend on Sunday. we go every year and after that we hit GG or GS and then my cigar store and then head home. Makes it a long and fun guys day to get out and start getting back into the groove.

Tell you what, if you like mexican food, there is a little dive on 58th across from the merchandise mart. Best mexican food in Colorado. They make killer Cerviche

We might have to check that out! thanks for the tip.

With all this talk about match play lately I was wondering, we have 8 of us for this so far, What would everyone think about doing Sunday as a 4 on 4 match play event?

With all this talk about match play lately I was wondering, we have 8 of us for this so far, What would everyone think about doing Sunday as a 4 on 4 match play event?

Have to see how the players stack up in Saturday's play and work from there. If I start the season like I ended last year, my handicap is headed the wrong direction. :banghead:

Well honestly I think we should just play. Those match play events were kind of planned & I think they all have played together before. Where this is kind of a 1st get together for us it. BUT if eveyone want to I'm game, well more like gamey. LOL

Just tossing it out there, we can decide Sat. night over dinner and drinks

Hey Guys!

Just got back from the Expo. This was my maiden voyage and before I went I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't enamoured either. I did pick a used 3wood. Its a Cleveland with the miyazaki shaft and I can't wait to hit it! I also picked up a hat and shirt and a dozen balls and I was definitely pleased with all the prices. I ended up winning a free round of golf at SaddleBack in Firestone. I hit the green on their simulator, and apparently that was tough? Not sure... I was leading their closest to the pin contest for about 2 mins. The leader before I got their was a t 35ft and I hit 18' and then the next guy after me hit it 16'. Didn't stick around to see if that held up. I haven't swung a club literally since last October and then I severely sprained my thumb on Christmas Eve and the doctor told me 8 weeks before swinging... well I ended up swinging tonight! I also tried the new R11 on their long drive simulator and I only hit it 280. The leader was 341!

I had a good time all in all and the $10 entry fee was worth it by far! I hope to attend annually! I kinda forgot about picking up the golf passport, which was one of the main reasons for going. Oh well.

Hey Guys!

Just got back from the Expo. This was my maiden voyage and before I went I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't enamoured either. I did pick a used 3wood. Its a Cleveland with the miyazaki shaft and I can't wait to hit it! I also picked up a hat and shirt and a dozen balls and I was definitely pleased with all the prices. I ended up winning a free round of golf at SaddleBack in Firestone. I hit the green on their simulator, and apparently that was tough? Not sure... I was leading their closest to the pin contest for about 2 mins. The leader before I got their was a t 35ft and I hit 18' and then the next guy after me hit it 16'. Didn't stick around to see if that held up. I haven't swung a club literally since last October and then I severely sprained my thumb on Christmas Eve and the doctor told me 8 weeks before swinging... well I ended up swinging tonight! I also tried the new R11 on their long drive simulator and I only hit it 280. The leader was 341!

I had a good time all in all and the $10 entry fee was worth it by far! I hope to attend annually! I kinda forgot about picking up the golf passport, which was one of the main reasons for going. Oh well.

Good stuff, nice to hear a good review before I head out there this morning.

Great stuff Spaceman. Sounds like a good time during the winter.

Back