Western Plains/Mountain States get together?

Blues or white will be fine for me.

The blues are the middle tees of 5 tee sets at Buffalo Run - Black, Gold, Blue, White and Red.

Sorry, haven't responded in a while here... I'd definitely prefer to ride, and I'd also prefer to play the Blue tee's. Definitely not the Black, but Gold would be a possibility if anyone else is up for it. I like to hit driver a lot(and have mastered the "Drive for show, putt and lose all my dough" concept), but I'd also like to play better! So Gold, Blue or White I guess I'm indifferent!

I got to play about 7 holes out at this really small club "Bella Rosa" in Fredrick late last week. It wasn't too bad considering but I wouldn't pay much more than $20 to play there thats for sure (I only paid $8 this go round). All in all considering the condition of my thumb and not being allowed to swing for 2 months I think I'll be alright this year. I'll actually be joining a league (perhaps at Thorncreek with Ron!) and establishing an actual handicap so I'm pretty excited.

So will I be the youngest participant at our shindig? I'm 33...

Also noticed that Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day. Are we alright with getting an earlier morning type tee time? The wife already understands we plan to take a whole weekend to golf, but if I don't have dinner or something along those lines lined up with/for her I won't be doing much golfing the rest of the season!

Also noticed that Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day. Are we alright with getting an earlier morning type tee time? The wife already understands we plan to take a whole weekend to golf, but if I don't have dinner or something along those lines lined up with/for her I won't be doing much golfing the rest of the season!

Earlier is ok with me.

Sure I'm okay with that

Well it is my day.. well at least everybody calls me muther.. but nah its fine for me.. I can't wait.

GENTS! This is pretty short notice, but I was informed of a great deal at Colorado National (Formerly Vista Ridge) in Erie. $35 w/cart and range balls through Sunday. In the email I was told it would be $45, but when booking online it was actually $35. Colorado National is the home course for CU. If any of you (Ron is the closest!) wanna play, I booked a tee time for a twosome 1:27pm Sunday for a buddy and me. I'm sure there will still be 2 more slots and or plenty of times available for Sunday if you're interested!

Hope to see ya out there! If not, then well there's always May!

david

Fellas!

I did play yesterday in the cold at Colorado National. I haven't played there in about 4 years that I can remember. The course for the winter is in very respectable shape! I played from the Gold tees (Lineup there is Black, Gold, Copper, Silver, Jade) and they are constructing quite a few new "Championship" tee boxes. There were a couple boys from CU's team as well.

I gotta say, from the Tee Box, I had a great day. Especially considering the wind and cold. I hit quite a few fairways and put the ball in decent postions to get myself on the green, HOWEVER, my iron play was ATROCIOUS! I was hitting them fat, thin, bladed, skulled. I seriously couldn't buy an approach shot! I think if I would've kept score I would've shot around 99?

Ultimately, I was excited for the consistency I was having in the Tee Box (like I said before I hit Driver a LOT) and that played well from that aspect, but ugh, my irons. It was very VERY sad. I think my 2 best shots of the round came 1. on a par 3 about 186 yards into the wind. I hit a 7 iron about 20ft below the pin (I still 2 putted as you can imagine). 2. VERY short Par 4 playing 287 with a wind from left to right, I hit driver and flew the green and rolled just off the back edge above the hole. Left a 40ft downhill putt. I lagged the eagle to about 2ft, tap in birdie. And that is of course why I keep coming back!

Now that I've played a couple times this year I'm getting more and more excited to meet you guys and play!

I think a couple of you said you're from the Littleton/Highlands Ranch area. I work in Lakewood off of Kipling & Union. If you guys want to get together and play 9 during lunch or late afternoon hours, I could probably swing it with about 24 or 48 hours notice!

talk soon!
david

Fellas!

I did play yesterday in the cold at Colorado National. I haven't played there in about 4 years that I can remember. The course for the winter is in very respectable shape! I played from the Gold tees (Lineup there is Black, Gold, Copper, Silver, Jade) and they are constructing quite a few new "Championship" tee boxes. There were a couple boys from CU's team as well.

I gotta say, from the Tee Box, I had a great day. Especially considering the wind and cold. I hit quite a few fairways and put the ball in decent postions to get myself on the green, HOWEVER, my iron play was ATROCIOUS! I was hitting them fat, thin, bladed, skulled. I seriously couldn't buy an approach shot! I think if I would've kept score I would've shot around 99?

Ultimately, I was excited for the consistency I was having in the Tee Box (like I said before I hit Driver a LOT) and that played well from that aspect, but ugh, my irons. It was very VERY sad. I think my 2 best shots of the round came 1. on a par 3 about 186 yards into the wind. I hit a 7 iron about 20ft below the pin (I still 2 putted as you can imagine). 2. VERY short Par 4 playing 287 with a wind from left to right, I hit driver and flew the green and rolled just off the back edge above the hole. Left a 40ft downhill putt. I lagged the eagle to about 2ft, tap in birdie. And that is of course why I keep coming back!

Now that I've played a couple times this year I'm getting more and more excited to meet you guys and play!

I think a couple of you said you're from the Littleton/Highlands Ranch area. I work in Lakewood off of Kipling & Union. If you guys want to get together and play 9 during lunch or late afternoon hours, I could probably swing it with about 24 or 48 hours notice!

talk soon!
david

I played yesterday too at Red Hawk in Castle Rock. Fantastic course, you need to be part mountain goat to play it! We'll have to play it when it greens up. Been wanting to try Colorado National, glad to hear good things about it

Ron! I played your home course today! It went pretty well considering the wind. We should trade phone numbers since we can cross paths so easily. I tried tweeting @ you but I'm not sure how often you check there either...

I'll be playing this sunday at Saddleback in Firestone if anyone else is interested!

Well we're about a month away, can someone give me a motel recommendation somewhere between the 2 courses.

Ron! I played your home course today! It went pretty well considering the wind. We should trade phone numbers since we can cross paths so easily. I tried tweeting @ you but I'm not sure how often you check there either...

I'll be playing this sunday at Saddleback in Firestone if anyone else is interested!

I'll play Sunday, been wanting to play Saddleback

Not much between the 2 courses Bulldog, a lot of motels by the airport though, probably the best bet. I'll get you some names and ph #'s

Not much between the 2 courses Bulldog, a lot of motels by the airport though, probably the best bet. I'll get you some names and ph #'s

Hey, can you PM those to me as well Ron, when ever you have the info. This is going to be a blast guys.

GUYS!

I will not be able to play Sunday (Mothers day). I thought I could work it out with the wife and mother of my children but alas it is not to be. I'm still definitely in for Saturday and just met another member from the Denver area. Actually Ron, he's very close to you and I and lives in Brighton near Heritage Todd Creek (a brutally hard track by the way!). He might chime in here soon...

Greetings gentlemen...

I am the man of whom Spaceman_Spiff speaks. I'm new to the forum and live in Brighton. I too will be unable to play on Mother's Day but should be able to swing a round on the 7th. I typically golf with a group of 5-10 guys from work and we are not working that weekend so if you would like more people to fill out in order to get a group discount let me know and I will put out the word.

Greetings gentlemen...

I am the man of whom Spaceman_Spiff speaks. I'm new to the forum and live in Brighton. I too will be unable to play on Mother's Day but should be able to swing a round on the 7th. I typically golf with a group of 5-10 guys from work and we are not working that weekend so if you would like more people to fill out in order to get a group discount let me know and I will put out the word.

Welcome to THP Icabod. I don't care were we end up playing, but someone will surely chime in here who knows the course. Glad to hear you can join us, we'll see you there.

so, what do we have? 10 of us now? I'll call the 2 courses this week and see what they'll do for us as far as a group discount. I know my home course will give us one. man I can't wait for this

i would recommend this place, prices are reasonable, it about as close as we'll get to central location, and not far from places to eat

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-brighton-colorado-CO015

This link will show some other options in the area

http://hotelguides.com/colorado/brighton-co-hotels.html

If you guys havent booked yet, I would recommend booking your hotels through Priceline. I travel every week for work and can usually get hotels for 60-70% off rack rates, especially airport locations. When I travel to Denver, I usually save 65-70% through priceline, usually at the summerfield suites or hyatt place down south by the park meadows mall

Well, we are getting closer to the time for this. Who is going to get the reservations? And maybe we need a final head count. Everyone who is definitely coming, post after this one.

I have 2 confirmed, me (Rick) and my brother (Steve) who is coming down from Idaho for the event.

I'll make the reservations as soon as we have a final head count. If we have enough people might be able to get a discount on greens fees.

So, 3 so far counting me

I have 2 confirmed, me (Rick) and my brother (Steve)
RonInThornton
bulldog (if gas don't keep skyrocketing)

Hey guys, I'm still up for this. I'll try to get with BullDog and make room res. On the road today and tomorrow, but may find time.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I'm definitely in for SATURDAY ONLY though.

Thanks!

Back